Aggregate of FAVORITE all-time games lists

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
I now blame Topic Creator for making Mass Effect 2 the top listed right now. Just joking. I don't want to become like someone who clearly think the PC master race and the nostalgia-goggled, 90's gaming era is all that matters.

I am a tad simpler. For example, I liked Portal. Then I liked Portal 2 even more since it improved upon what made the original great. I am not one who thinks the original is better simply because of the shock value it gave during the time, but one that keeps on improving from the original and somehow getting less recognition.

Too bad my favorite games like Perspective, & Five Nights at Freddy's (understandable since FNAF is new) are not in Favslist records. I had to create pages for them and waiting for them to consider it in the video game list.

http://www.favslist.com/users/Rafael-Regal/3935/lists/4

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Hero of Lime said:
I submitted mine. Kinda amazed/disappointed that Last of Us is winning by a large margin. :/
It's a sign of the times. The fact that they choose a "new shiny thing" is also indicative of a very young age. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game. it's one of the best games of recent years... but thats just it, recent years, and that isn't saying much.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
xPixelatedx said:
Hero of Lime said:
I submitted mine. Kinda amazed/disappointed that Last of Us is winning by a large margin. :/
It's a sign of the times. The fact that they choose a "new shiny thing" is also indicative of a very young age. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game. it's one of the best games of recent years... but thats just it, recent years, and that isn't saying much.
It's also a sign of times to consider that the best games are the games of each of our specific generation, aka Nostalgia. Let's all get along and consider that everyone's favorite games are correct and that rankings in games are purely subjective, if not biased.

Also, I am pretty happy with any game on the game of all time as long as it's not another FPS. <- Subjective

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I just got done submitting mine: http://www.favslist.com/users/Jack-Lawrie/3940/lists/4

For the reviews, I couldn't be bothered writing anything comprehensive for each one of my top 25, so I decided to just list a cool thing you can do in each game, starting with Metal Gear Solid 3's hilarious acknowledgement of proxy cannibalism. I ended up compiling 40 games including honourable mentions and still managed to miss a few noteworthy titles (that would have easily cracked my top 25) like Portal and the Arkham games. I guess that's telling of just how hard it is to rank games when you've played so many.

Also, why are so many people bleating about their favourite games not cracking the top? Leaving aside how insecure it is to get upset over a subjective list, there's a perfectly good reason why so many of the top games are modern games. It's not just because new games are better than you give them credit for, granddad, but because older games pre-date the size of the current market. Of course more people are going to vote for Mass Effect 2 than Baldur's Gate; they don't hate Baldur's Gate, it's just that it came out before most of them were born.

StormwaveUK

Feb 1, 2011
I don't really understand the huge ratings for Skyrim. I guess if it's your first Elder Scrolls game...my first was Daggerfall, but I think Morrowind was the peak. It blended perfectly with humour, things to do, freedom, story. This is my opinion of course, but I thought both Oblivion and Skyrim were pale in comparison. Maybe I'm getting too old for this...

rebelscum

Jun 8, 2009
I figured I might as well do one: http://www.favslist.com/users/Sam-Levy/3952/lists/4

It makes me sad No One Lives Forever 2 has the same number of votes as Warhammer Space Marine. And that I'm the only vote for XIII.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
The Last of Us is number 3? Filthy casuals, everything is ruined forever, no taste these days...

Majora's Mask is #19? Maybe there is hope after all...

Deus Ex and Fallout: New Vegas at 40 and 41 respectively is disgusting considering Fallout 3 is number fucking 11.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Charcharo said:
What is the best game ever made?
STALKER.
Can't disagree there. It was second on my list only because I couldn't bear to put Arcanum any where else but the top, even though it is the inferior game.

edit: Oh man, poor Monaco. Ranked 2419th. And such a fine game as well...

bishopzz

Apr 24, 2009
Some of these comments are getting a little ridiculous. The list if called "All-Time Favorite Games" not "These are the definitive greatest games of all time". In the description it says "Go ahead, press start on creating YOUR LIST of All-Time Favorite Games", so you could argue this is a consensus favorite games list according to the 800+ people. I know everyone is upset some of their favorite games weren't listed, (I had a couple of games outside of the top thousand) but I think we need to remember being a nostalgia filled, pretentious, PC elitist wouldn't be as fun if everyone else didn't have such bad tastes in games.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Glad to see Shadow of the Colossus in the top ten at least.

Anyway, here's my list:

http://www.favslist.com/users/Charles-Walker/3947/lists/4

IceP42

Aug 29, 2010
bishopzz said:
Some of these comments are getting a little ridiculous. The list if called "All-Time Favorite Games" not "These are the definitive greatest games of all time". In the description it says "Go ahead, press start on creating YOUR LIST of All-Time Favorite Games", so you could argue this is a consensus favorite games list according to the 800+ people. I know everyone is upset some of their favorite games weren't listed, (I had a couple of games outside of the top thousand) but I think we need to remember being a nostalgia filled, pretentious, PC elitist wouldn't be as fun if everyone else didn't have such bad tastes in games.
Amen to everything you've just said!

Have you made a list yet? I'm curious to see what you've ranked now :)

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
IceP42 said:
bishopzz said:
Amen to everything you've just said!

Have you made a list yet? I'm curious to see what you've ranked now :)
Amen as well. It's weird how blind most of us are in terms of subjective tastes. I hope there's a way to remove the mindset of "This is my favorite game of all time. If anyone disagrees, they are wrong." from the existence of this Earth.

Also I'd like to see both your lists. I already posted mine on a past post.

IceP42

Aug 29, 2010
Mirroga said:
Here's mine [http://www.favslist.com/users/Papissama/1/lists/4]

I'm very old-school :D

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Frog Fractions doesn't even register

Well, that just won't do at all! D:
We're allowed to use green text on the Escapist now?

>Mass Effect 2 is at #1

Oh dear...

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
IceP42 said:
Mirroga said:
Here's mine [http://www.favslist.com/users/Papissama/1/lists/4]

I'm very old-school :D
I'm kind of embarrassed myself. Most of my favorite games are kind of new. The only old ones I played during my childhood that were actually good enough were Monster Rancher 2 and Einhander.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
At the time of writing the top 10 list is, from No.10:
RPG, RPG, Shooter, Shooter, Shooter, RPG, Shooter, RPG, Shooter, Shooter/RPG Hybrid

This is the reason the industry is stagnant.

bishopzz

Apr 24, 2009
http://www.favslist.com/users/Thomas-Thompson/3870/lists/4

Some people may think I am an insane person based on a few of those games. I usually have lower standards for squeals than other people. For example I feel like BioShock 2 is maybe 15% worse than the original, but it is still a pretty awesome game. A lot of people set their expectations for sequels a bit too high.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
VanQ said:
At the time of writing the top 10 list is, from No.10:
RPG, RPG, Shooter, Shooter, Shooter, RPG, Shooter, RPG, Shooter, Shooter/RPG Hybrid

This is the reason the industry is stagnant.
Since when did Shadow of the Colossus become RPG? Well, not your fault anyways. I doubt that it's easy to put that game in a genre.

As for Portal 2 being a shooter? No. Just no.