Ahead of Brazil election, Brazilian military contracts Israeli firm to "supervise" election

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

That Lula, back from an illegitimate imprisonment, is up 20 points against Bolsonero I'm sure is extraneous information that has no bearing on how the result of this election will be viewed.

Nothing at all.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Because who better to secure an election than one of the most corrupt, genocidal regimes in modern politics?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
He couldn't do the Americans since Trump isn't in power, and Biden isn't keen on burning down the Amazon.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
and Biden isn't keen on burning down the Amazon.
No, indeed, because that's Brazil making money. If it's the USA making money, however, Biden thinks the whole world can burn.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No, indeed, because that's Brazil making money. If it's the USA making money, however, Biden thinks the whole world can burn.

You can't blame Biden for that, blame the American voter who voted for a moderate so that the economy can have low input prices for fossil fuels to continue to consume.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You can't blame Biden for that, blame the American voter who voted for a moderate so that the economy can have low input prices for fossil fuels to continue to consume.
I get what you're saying to some extent. The USA could fund a massive wind/solar expansion, except that's never going to pass a US Senate with more than 40 Republicans. Technically of course more than 39 Republicans, because they can always rely on Joe Manchin as well. And in the absence of that, the Democrats would get electorally butchered by rising fuel prices.