AI Dungeon

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
For the uninitiated:

Has anyone else tried this? It's not a replacement for a human GM, but it's a fun little tool that could handle more than I expected. It managed to narrate for a duo of characters perfectly fine and when it gets the wrong end of the stick, there's always the redo button to try again. On the downside, the AI generally needs a bit of human direction to avoid going in circles and sometimes outright repeats itself, especially with descriptions.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I've heard of it. Mean to get around to trying it one of these games. Could be a decent party game, get a few drinks, put it up on a stream with some friends, do a round robin deal of each person having a turn to dictate an input and see what results.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Yeah I've tried it just to see how well executed it is, and while it can be pretty funny it devolves into absurdity pretty easily, it can try to be used a bit more seriously but the system doesn't seem to be very consistent with anything often changing where you are or deciding that the character you were speaking with is now a completely different character with the same name.

But yeah it's pretty cool tha it's come so far but it still has a very long way to go.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Yeah I've tried it just to see how well executed it is, and while it can be pretty funny it devolves into absurdity pretty easily, it can try to be used a bit more seriously but the system doesn't seem to be very consistent with anything often changing where you are or deciding that the character you were speaking with is now a completely different character with the same name.

But yeah it's pretty cool tha it's come so far but it still has a very long way to go.
...or randomly switching setting, or what kind of entity you are.

It turned my brother into my father at one point (after I'd murdered him because he said I had to if I wanted the thing it had told me I was trying to get), randomly switched from a medieval dungeon to a modern home to a warehouse, and randomly decided I was a vampire once even though I wasn't a few lines ago.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
...or randomly switching setting, or what kind of entity you are.

It turned my brother into my father at one point (after I'd murdered him because he said I had to if I wanted the thing it had told me I was trying to get), randomly switched from a medieval dungeon to a modern home to a warehouse, and randomly decided I was a vampire once even though I wasn't a few lines ago.
Sounds like a post-modern masterpiece.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Oney and crew messed around with this.