Airline Wants You To Choose Seatmates Via Facebook

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
vansau said:
Airline Wants You To Choose Seatmates Via Facebook
Unforeseen dangers:

1. This could allow a predator to identify a potential victim whom they know for a fact will be in an unfamiliar city, probably alone. Like a one-sided Match.com for psychos.

2. The ability to match online accounts to a physical person, and potentially gain access to their bags/pockets in a crowded airport, all planned beforehand, can cause real problems with identity theft.

Naal

Feb 24, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Nothing.

There is nothing at all about this entire idea that isn't as creepy as all hell.

I have NEVER EVER wanted to meet people I sit next to on public transport again. No matter how nice/pretty they may be.

But someone who CHOOSES to sit next to you? Dear god...there's not a large enough restraining order that I'd take out.

BTW, the longest flight they do lasts fourteen hours. Which Escapist would you like to sit next to you - touching you, breathing your air, telling you their innermost thoughts - for fourteen hours?

Because it's not going to be the one you want...It's going to be the one who wants to sit next to you.

All intimate.

For Fourteen Hours.

And they'll watch you sleep.
Okay, you've convinced me.

If this new action is put into place, I want you to argue the defense.

If it is still going to happen, I'm deleting my facebook. There has to be an option of not linking your Facebook profile up, right? I assume they can track you via email address, and if that's the case I'm making a fake email for when I book flights.

This is downright creepy.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
I don't see how this is going to work.
Did the people forget about distributing the weight? The majority of average weighted persons don't want to sit next to a fat person (obviously because those usually take more than just their seat, there is also the sweating) and in the end, that will leave skinny/skinny and fat/fat seats with will make distributing the weight a lot harder and maybe in some cases impossible.

Oh well, at least people don't have to sit next to someone they don't like (although I doubt you can really know about someone just from their profile photo).

Also, this brings dangers with it's self.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Attractive girl?
FIRST!

OT: This sounds interesting... please convert resaults into video and post on internet...

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Something is amiss.

So who decides where to sit?
Because if everyone chooses their seatmates there is bound to be conflicting choices. Or can only half the passengers pick their seatmates?

I want to sit next to that attractive, bosomy, single, young lady from facebook. But I'm probably not the only one. And what about her? What if she wants to sit next to the drug abusing rapist on parole and on cold detoxification because she likes bad boys and not some chevalier like me?

Considering that I usually only fly for 90 min this would be fun. But privacy has already been f*cked and r*ped all over again and still nobody gives a sh*t.

Behazard

Oct 12, 2011
Hmm..
I live in The Netherlands, but never even heard this story..
Funny how our government is all about tolerance and all, but this company (in which the government has a lot of shares) seems to introduce a selective pick-your-seat based on how someone 'seems to be' on the internet.