Aisha Taylor responds to all the hate towards her hosting of the Ubisoft Conference.

Jaxs

Jul 19, 2010
http://i.imgur.com/JOgJS.jpg

This is the best verbal ass beating that i've seen in a long time. She has my respect.
So what do you think?

Jaxs

Jul 19, 2010
Cool, can you teach me how to read statements like that in less than 30 seconds?
Unless of course you didn't actually read it and are just responding to the thread title.

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
Matthew94 said:
Jaxs said:
Cool, can you teach me how to read statements like that in less than 30 seconds?
Unless of course you didn't actually read it and are just responding to the thread title.
I read it ages ago, you are actually pretty late at posting this.
Ages ago = yesterday

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
I can't really say much more than "meh". What's special about this, really? It's just her reciting a couple of games she's played, then saying she didn't get paid.

Jaxs

Jul 19, 2010
Matthew94 said:
Jaxs said:
I read it ages ago, you are actually pretty late at posting this.
Seriously? I just heard about it. dammit.

Can you post the link?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Rather than bicker about how new/old the information is, I'll add that she has my respect as well. I've genuinely liked her in much of what I've seen her do and don't think she's due any of the hate she's getting. I mean, yes, it's 2012. Girls are legally allowed to love games and be public about how much they enjoy them.

Of course, if you legitimately thought that she did not do a good job, that's fine.. but then give examples, reasons and thoughtful suggestions for who would have done it better. Hating on a host, even a terrible one, doesn't do any good if you can't actually say why they did poorly and can't offer any idaes for improvement.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
She got pushed by the retards that dwell within our community, and she pushed back in style. Fun read.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
I dont know what this is in response to but she wrote an awful lot to say such a little amount ill try and shorten it a bit

`I have played games for a long time and I enjoy it so stop hating on me.`

Yeah think thats about the jist of it although I still dont know what the problem is whats so bad about her hosting an Ubisoft conference? I dont think she should have responded though really, well not in the way she did it sounds a bit insecure with all the constant reiteration of points sounds like she is trying to convince herself as much as anyone else.

EDIT: I gather people think she did a bad job and thats why they are pissed well thats fine I guess but ill be over there with the other 99.99 (etc) % of the population who dont care either way. She could have hosted the best conference ever and I still wouldnt have cared.

Jaxs

Jul 19, 2010
I think she was golden compared to the douche-bag that she had to share the stage with.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Pretty reasonable, her hosting really wasn't that bad (even though it was a bit awkward in places), but the comments on youtube and IGN were really over the top. In fact, they were bitching for pretty much the whole conference, so it's good to see someone fighting back.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Matthew94 said:
It sounds to me like she is skirting near the danger zone.

Couldn't resist.

OT: ...Is this the same Aisha from Saints Row? That would be pretty awesome.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
When assaulted by trolls, indulge them by posting an overly long and pointless rant that sounds about as childish as the shit being flung at you. That'll show 'em.

"How many games have you done voices for?"

None, but, then again, VO and acting aren't my profession, so what's your point?

"I was the voice in not one, but two major video game titles."

You, and dozens of other folks who regularly VO as a job. Stunning accomplishment.

"I get invited to E3 because real gamers know I'm a gamer."

Or maybe because you're a personality who's moderately famous, which in turn will attract some publicity to the event in question. Also, "real gamer?" The fuck does that mean?

Whatever. It's a childish rant that does nothing to or for anybody. I still enjoy her work, though.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I have no idea who she is and...

Given all the bitching gamers do about 'being bullied/oppressed' it's amazing how the community ACTS like the damn KKK/Black Panthers/Catholic Church when anyone 'different' comes our way.

-There's a reason why I don't play online anymore with voice chat.

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
I didn't like her either, but the games Ubisoft showed were good, probably best of the press conferences, despite the poor hosting. You don't need to chuck a tantrum and insult the poor girl for doing her job. She probably shouldn't have responded either, makes her seem a little insecure, can't give the internet trolls even the slightest scent of that...

But seriously, Ubisoft... When you going to get some decent hosts for your conferences. 2010 you had Joel McHale who looked about as excited on stage, as I do at the Dentist. 2011 you had Mr Caffeine, 'Doodly, Doodly, Doo', enough said. 20120, we have 'girl wood' and an endless amount of forced jokes, and awkward moments that left me cringing. Not to mention the other guy, who is supposed to be some internet celebrity, I think he just made it worse.

Great conference, needs better hosts.