Alas, Poor Hitchbot: "Bad Things Happen to Good Robots."

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Mortuorum said:
The Ditz said:
And this is why, when the robopacolypse comes, I'm rooting for teamrobo... and not because I hope to gain their favor so that I maintain freedom of thought and ability within the matrix.
And during the inevitable robot uprising, nobody should be surprised when Philadelphia (aka priority target Alpha-1) is cleansed in fire.

Probably be an improvement.
Probably they would instead capture all their inhabitants and transform them into human batteries.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Radoh said:
Of course he was slain in Philly.
The Gang destroys something beautiful.
that made me laugh i can only imgine the gang finding it and doing somthing stupid with it in there pub.

OT: this sucks and of course it has to be the country im born in. Im glad iv never gone to philly

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
Barbas said:
Killed in the vicinity of Philly?
Radoh said:
Of course he was slain in Philly.
The Gang destroys something beautiful.
I swear, we're not all bad! I'd have told them HitchBot was a good robot; always cleaned his feathers.

BadNewDingus said:
Teenagers. I bet teenagers destroyed it. It's always teenagers.
Seems they also scare the living shit out of robots.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Yeah, that wouldn't last a day traversing the west midlands in UK. We have a collected a concentrated amount of fckwits willing to impress their peers by showing how tough they...hang on, what was that the moderators deleted from the robot's twitter??

kat-pottz

Jan 25, 2011
I remember my senior class in high school did something similar to this a while back, except with hollow full body casts in strange poses. one of them was able to get down to California from Washington, the other... we found the next day in a dumpster a block from where it started.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
You guys can't pin this on ALL of a America, OK? We are not a hivemind that thinks the same (just watch any of our political debates. With beers and popcorn at the ready). As a Californian, I would have happily given hitchBOT a ride to SF! I would have even taken a BART ride there with that little guy! But no, some pricks in Philly had to be trolls and spoil the fun.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
It got the "American backpacker in Europe" treatment.

Philly sucks

Lagslayer

Apr 18, 2011
The robot apocalypse has been staved off yet again thanks to these heroic youngsters. Faith in humanity restored.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
RJ 17 said:
*sigh*
Figures it would get killed in America...why am I not surprised in the least?
This was my thoughts this morning when it came across my FB page... leave it to the US to destroy a harmless robot, but no. Americans are great, Americans are the best... *eyeroll*

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
So all this did was prove what we all knew, and that some people are assholes?
Also I can totally see this thread dissolving into a "let's all bash America guise! because we're so much better, right?" thread, although it pretty much already has.

Edit; Before this goes downhill, I hate nationalistic dickwaving and people arguing about how their country is "better" in general.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
So there was a 3 week trip in Canada, then a separate trip in Germany lasting 10 days, it's Netherlands vacation lasted 17 days, and then at least 14 days in the US.
It's not really surprising, not because it was in the US, but because it traveled such a large distance through the East coast, one of the more heavily populated areas of the US, which is also going to have its poorer and dangerous parts too.
I'd be surprised if it managed to get all the way to its goal of the opposite coast. The U.S is a big place.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Burned Hand said:
cryogeist said:
So all this did was prove what we all knew, and that some people are assholes?
Also I can totally see this thread dissolving into a "let's all bash America guise! because we're so much better, right?" thread, although it pretty much already has.

Edit; Before this goes downhill, I hate nationalistic dickwaving and people arguing about how their country is "better" in general.
You're missing the point. It's not about bashing Americans...

...it's about bashing Philly. Fuck Philly! (just kidding Philly, I'm sure you're great)
Well this was the city that boo'd Santa, soo... yeah.