Albums That Are Good From Start To Finish:

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Nadia Castle said:
Queens of the Stone age- Songs for the Deaf: Might not count entirely as it take a couple of listens before it smacks you with how good it is.

Killing Joke- Killing Joke (2003): Like listening to the apocalypse filtered through the screams of a dying god sung by a guy who just ate Lemmy. Love it!
What!? I thought there was only one Killing Joke album?

This one...

...Yeah Killing Joke became rubbish after their first one IMHO. They went all New-Wave and tame as hell. Kinda like an Echo and the Bunnymen ripoff.

Saying that though, even if Killing Joke has only one truly decent album in my eyes, it's truly an Amazing album though I must say. It was also a true landmark album in industrial Rock, as it was one of the first.

So before it's time for 1980.

asap

Aug 10, 2012
50 cent - get rich or die tryin'
Dr Dre - Chronic 2001
Kanye West - Collage Dropout, Late Registration & MBDTF

Eccentric Lich

Dec 8, 2009
The Protomen - The Protomen (they just self-titled their first album)

Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables - The Dead Kennedys

De-Loused in the Comatorium - The Mars Volta

There are several others that come close, but those are the only three I can think of that I really enjoy every song on.

TakeshiLive

Mar 8, 2012
My list consists of only the albums that I own because I listen to all of my music so often that I know most of them intimately. There'd be me more but I didn't include any compilations.

St. Elsewhere - Gnarls Barkley

The Bends - Radiohead

Only By The Night - Kings of Leon

Regatta de Blanc - The Police

Once Upon A Time - Simple Minds

Sparkle In The Rain - Simple Minds (Again)

*deep breath* The Wombats Proudly Present a Guide to Love, Loss and Desperation - The Wombats
The Man Who - Travis

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend

(I'm sure Pink Floyd and the such would be on my list if I had their album.)

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Beck - Mellow Gold
Butthole Surfers - Electriclarryland
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Radiohead - OK Computer
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
R.E.M. - Murmur

Although all of these albums are sublime to me, Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden may replace one very soon.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
If nobody has mentioned them yet, I have two -

Rammstien - Mutter - This is basically their "Best of" album. Virtually all the songs the popular consciousness knows of them (Fire Frei, Ich Will, the titular Mutter) come from this album, and the more obscure tracks are also pretty good.

If we're counting Video Game OST's, then I'd also add -

HyperDuck Soundworks - A.R.E.S Extinction Agenda OST - First, yes this was released commercially. Second, the soundtrack is the best Video Game OST I've heard in a long time. It's outright epic, and accomplishes so and in so doing make most Video Game OST's of this era sound positively dated.

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
Rammstein - Herzlied
Rammstein - Mutter
Apocalyptica - Inquistion Symphony
Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon

Many more that have cone up many times before.

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
I feel ashamed to post what I listen to now. It looks as if I need to update my music collection so it at least hits 1990...

Shaun Cassidy - Under Wraps
George Michael - Faith
Bad News - Bad News
Abba - Gold
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
Eddie Cochran - The Best
Jeff Wayne - War of the Worlds

Promethax

Dec 7, 2010
There are two kinds of people: people who will hate me for listing these albums, and people who have actually listened to these albums.

Yup, it's one of my favorites.

Nadia Castle

May 21, 2012
"Yeah Killing Joke became rubbish after their first one IMHO. They went all New-Wave and tame as hell. Kinda like an Echo and the Bunnymen ripoff."

The 2003 album was amazing because it went right back to the old style. Angry and heavy. They did tail off a lot in the 90's especially with the awful 'Democracy' album but my god did the war on terror seem to give them a new blood lust.

But yeah, their first album was still utterly fantastic (it must be something to do with self titled albums) undoubtedly they were years ahead of their time. It's a pity they never really got the respect they deserved when so many bands call them a major inspiration.

Werekettle

Apr 17, 2010
I would question what you mean by "good from start to finish"? Do you mean an album that flows, where all songs compliment each other? Or an album that that has nothing but awesome songs? While I realise this may sound like a contradiction, allow me to elaborate. Pearl Jams Ten Album is an album that is much easier/better to listen to from start to finish than their album Vs, however I think the individual songs on Vs are better than Ten. The same goes for The Streets Original Pirate Material compared to A Grand Don't Come for Free - individual songs are much stronger on Original Pirate Material, however I view A Grand Don't come for free as the better album......

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Peter LeMarc: Det finns inget bättre

Bruce Springsteen: Tunnel of Love

Tori Amos: Scarlet's Walk

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Well I don't have time to post them all. So I'll only post my favorite.

Bat Out of Hell - By Meatloaf
With songs by Jim Steinman.

From start to finish this is pure awesomesause.

Daniel Ferguson

Apr 3, 2010
Greenday: American Idiot!

Bon Jovi's Crossroads. Although I have times when there's two songs I don't like so much. Have A Nice Day would have been perfect if not for Welcome To Wherever You Are. Keep The Faith has a lot of my favourites. Bounce is mostly good IMO.

I used to enjoy Good Charlotte's Lifestyles of The Rich And Famous and Chronicles of Life and Death, though some songs don't hold the same appeal they used to, like The Anthem or Girls & Boys.

I enjoyed Foo Fighters' Wasting Light.

Evanescence: Fallen (I think; it has Bring Me To Life, My Immortal (though not the awesome version), Going Under and Everybody's Fool). It scared me the first time, but I came to love it. The Open Door had lots of good songs too.

Red Hot Chili Peppers: By The Way.

3 Doors Down: Away From The Sun. I guess The Better Life is mostly good too.

I used to really like all of Nickelback's All The Right Reasons. [Hate-shields up!] Not so sure now.

I more or less like Live's Birds of Pray from start to finish, and Awake is all their hits, so that's automatic good :p

Oh, and how could I forget Linkin Park's early stuff? Didn't like Figure 9, but the rest of the stuff from those first two big albums. Nowadays though... Speaking of, I read in the news that some people died at their concert... and they kept on playing.

Muse: Black Holes And Revelations, for the most part.

Hmm, these are mostly all 'not 100%'...

KissmahArceus

Mar 1, 2011
Discovery or Alive - Daft Punk
Alien - SYL
Obzen or Koloss - Meshuggah
Geneva - Russian Circles
Lateralus - Tool
Murder Ballads or Let Love In - Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
F# A# Infinity - Godspeed you Black Emperor!
Ariel or Red Shoes - Kate Bush
Blackwater Park or Watershed or Heritage - Opeth
Sky Valley - Kyuss
Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures
Periphery II: This Time it's Personal - Periphery
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
Animals or Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Humbug - Arctic Monkeys
Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion
Screaming for Vengeance or British Steel - Judas Priest
Master of Puppets or Black Album - Metallica (I would have put Ride the Lightning but I don't like Escape :( )
Prometheus - Emperor
The Snow Goose - Camel
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand The Great Southern Trendkill FUCK YEAH - Pantera

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009
Wintersun
- Wintersun
- Time I
Yeah, both of them, they are both masterpieces and I cannot wait for the Time II.

Children Of Bodom
- Something Wild
- Hatebreeder
They are both all-round excellent albums, they also have a special place in my heart, as they are the two albums that got me into metal.

Opeth
- Still Life
- Ghost Reveries
- Watershed
Well, It's Opeth, they are still crafting masterpieces after masterpieces!

Manowar
- Kings Of Metal, aaand almost every album the have done.
I don't care what you say! Manowar kicks some major ass!

Windir
-Every album they have done
Really, really good Black/Folk band, too bad the singer/songwriter died :/

Moonsorrow
- Chapter V: Ravaged
- Verisäkeet
Excellent, very atmospheric progressive black/folk metal band.

there are some other too, but I'm too tired to think.

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
klown said:
Anti-Flag - For Blood And Empire
YES. I am huge Anti-Flag fan as well.

A New Kind of Army - Anti-Flag
--My first real taste of punk music, may not be the best out there, but it's a solid CD.

Billy Talent - Billy Talent
--Just fantastic, everything that a modern rock band should be, all in one great album.

Plastic Surgery Disasters - Dead Kennedys
--Smart lyrics, crazy instrumentals, and a raw, fast sound.

Elect the Dead - Serj Tankian
--Great musicianship for someone adventurous and willing to possibly step outside of their musical comfort zone

System of a Down - System of a Down
--Probably the most passionate and angry CD that I own, anyone who thinks System aren't "heavy enough" after listening to Hypnotize should give this one a listen.

Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy - Mindless Self Indulgence
--Nothing would describe it better than "completely insane", you'd be hard-pressed to find a better cocaine-fueled falsetto than Jimmy Urine.

crovax873

Nov 13, 2009
Tiger Sora said:
Well I don't have time to post them all. So I'll only post my favorite.

Bat Out of Hell - By Meatloaf
With songs by Jim Steinman.

From start to finish this is pure awesomesause.
Agreed. Wonderful album. My own favorite albums include:

Queen: A Night at the Opera is what I recommend for most although personally I choose Queen II.

Kansas: Point of Know Return

Styx: Paradise Theatre

Thin Lizzy: Jailbreak