Alex Trebek has passed November 8, 2020 at the age of 80

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Hate news like this. I mean he was old, but he seemed to have a lot of energy left. Condolences to his family.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Pancreatic cancer sucks. Lost a coworker to it about...5-6 years ago. It burns through a person so fast it's almost visible how quickly they decline.

EvilRoy

Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Oh man I just realized Chimpzy did a thread for Sean Connery as well. I hope we can last out the final 2 months of 2020 and avoid this forum turning into an obituary.

"This just in, every host of every beloved childerens show caught covid at once, heads up half of them are in the extreme risk category."

EvilRoy

Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
What are the other 3 shows?
Personally: The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, and a wildcard slot reserved for the current contender that doesn't really last super long but is good all the same. I can see giving the forth slot to Lets Make a Deal on the basis of being a longstanding classic, but I was never that into it.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
He was a one of a kind class act, and will be a tough act to follow at that. Hope he’s enjoying a much deserved rest.

Having said that, the big Daily Double answer is of course the future host of Jeopardy...

Just saw this in the feed

I mean, they could do worse than an incredibly beloved, super chill, cool, laid back dude, who has promoted learning and reading for multiple generations, to host a show about...well ok a show simply about data retention and regurgitation but hey, still a good pick.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Just saw this in the feed

I mean, they could do worse than an incredibly beloved, super chill, cool, laid back dude, who has promoted learning and reading for multiple generations, to host a show about...well ok a show simply about data retention and regurgitation but hey, still a good pick.

He sure beats all the other replacements; even Jennings who seems at least the only other reasonable alternative. Hoping he enjoys a long and pleasant tenure as host.