Alien-Like Figure Spotted on Moon via Google Earth Map (Video)

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
thaluikhain said:
Eh...if there's pictures of him doing drawings with his nose while someone says "Upside down upside down", then I'll be excited.
Alright people this post nailed it, time for everyone to go home.
No actually wait! If we can just get him back down to continue his inspirational work on children's television he can get back to promoting creativity and imagination in the otherwise slackjawed delinquent youth of today. Somebody find him his rocket ship...

"Hurry Up!"

You said it Blackboard.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
fletch_talon said:
thaluikhain said:
Eh...if there's pictures of him doing drawings with his nose while someone says "Upside down upside down", then I'll be excited.
Alright people this post nailed it, time for everyone to go home.
No actually wait! If we can just get him back down to continue his inspirational work on children's television he can get back to promoting creativity and imagination in the otherwise slackjawed delinquent youth of today. Somebody find him his rocket ship...

"Hurry Up!"

You said it Blackboard.
I know I'm probably going to lose some serious geek cred for this...but what in the name of the Seven are you both referencing?!?

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
Looks to me like both shapes drape themselves over those mounds. That makes me think it's nothing but shadow.

Space Butterfly

May 7, 2014
I bet its the Nazis on the moon who have been stranded there for many years because they lost contact with their overlords on earth when the Nazis were defeated

William Fleming

Mar 6, 2011
My guess is that it's some weird rock formation giving an optical illusion just like that photo the rock formations on Mars which look like a face when the shadows are at perfect angles. Or it's some prank that Google likes to do with their maps.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
MrFalconfly said:
Pareidolia

Why do everybody forget that their brain's primary function is to find patterns in noise, so you don't get eaten by a pack of wolves?!?

Of cause there's gonna be plenty of "false-positives".
Most people are either idiots, or ignorant of how the brain works.

Though I'm betting most people here are just having some fun with the idea rather than lending it any credence.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
Yes! I love that part of youtube with all the videos of big foot, the loch ness monster,ghosts, ufos and aliens.

Sometimes those people can get super creative and make up some of the coolest supernatural/sc-fi stories. Half the time I don't know if they are being are being crazy serious or are just trying to entertain people.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
I was going to post the X-files theme, but I realized I had posted it within the last few weeks, so that is out.

Jesus, this reminds me of that horrible Sci-Fi channel documentary (I refuse to use that other spelling) that just came on. It had some stupid title, like "Aliens on the Moon" or some shit. It was basically an hour and a half of people coloring in various shadows on the moon and "finding" structures.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
Goddamit, I so called it! When the news broke that Google would put together Google Earth style maps for the Moon and Mars, my first reaction was "In a few days some idiots with too much time will come out of the woodworks to find some smudges and claim that they are aliens/pyramids/faces/space-penguins en masse", and lo and behold, it happened.

Someone get me James Randi and his one million dollars. I am apparently a psychic. -.-'

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Huh. It sure looks decidedly human for something that's supposed to be alien.

And you know...if I squint REALLY hard I can almost see the lawn chair it's sitting on and the Corona in it's hand(?).

GabeZhul said:
Goddamit, I so called it! When the news broke that Google would put together Google Earth style maps for the Moon and Mars, my first reaction was "In a few days some idiots with too much time will come out of the woodworks to find some smudges and claim that they are aliens/pyramids/faces/space-penguins en masse", and lo and behold, it happened.

Someone get me James Randi and his one million dollars. I am apparently a psychic. -.-'
Your claim seems more valid than most of the nut-jobs that attempt to nab the prize.

epicdwarf

Apr 9, 2014
So we found another rock formation that looks like a guy? I do not see how this is news worthy. It is like reporting on that nut that "proved" the moon was a hologram.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Okay, I'm gonna say what we're all thinking.

It's the statue from Lost, isn't it? 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42!

/joking

SpinFusor

Jun 28, 2004
The Government is clearly trying to cover up the fact that we found Bigfoots (Bigfeets?) on the moon.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
thaluikhain said:
It must be an alien!

Look at the craters around it, in them, the shadows are going almost exactly the other way.

Only an alien would have a shadow that goes towards the light source.
Huh? The shadow looks like it's going in the same direction as the rest of them.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
MrFalconfly said:
Why do everybody forget that their brain's primary function is to find patterns in noise, so you don't get eaten by a pack of wolves?!?
That is anti-wolf slander and you will be hearing from our lawyers!

[small]*whisper whisper*

...what do you mean "you ate the lawyers"?! Of all the-
[/small] Ahem, excuse me; I'll get back to you on that.

OT: Yeah, we all remember the "face" on Mars. And we've had thousands of scientific and amateur telescopes pointed at the moon for decades; something walking along the surface would've been spotted long before now.

Samsont

Jun 11, 2009
Assuming this is an alien and not some sort of pareidolia, it makes sense the creature would be tall as hell, low gravity would allow the creature to evolve and develop to be faaaar larger than anything on earth. Blood would travel farther, oxygen ( assuming is breathes ) would travel farther, its body would be less compressed...
Though it would likely be almost useless on earth without some sort of special suit to assist its body in circulation and not crumpling to pieces from the higher gravity.
Though this is obviously speculation, and it is likely not an alien (though I really hope it is).