Alien-Like Figure Spotted on Moon via Google Earth Map (Video)

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Samsont said:
oxygen ( assuming is breathes )
There is no oxygen or even an atmosphere on the moon, it's a dead rock and the surface is exposed to space. Anything that could live on the moon would have to be a species that can live in the void of space. To be honest that'd be quite interesting. That said there's nothing on the moon to eat etc so it'd have to be something that was visiting the moon as you couldn't survive there without support.

JohnZ117

A blind man before the Elephant
Jun 19, 2012
The video's poster featured a link to a "balanced" article found under the website's Astrology & Paranormal segment with a companion article's headline reading "Demonologist Jerry Williams issues warning for paranormal investigators." My internal crap-ometer is making A LOT of noise right now.

The Rogue Wolf said:
MrFalconfly said:
Why do everybody forget that their brain's primary function is to find patterns in noise, so you don't get eaten by a pack of wolves?!?
That is anti-wolf slander and you will be hearing from our lawyers!

[small]*whisper whisper*

...what do you mean "you ate the lawyers"?! Of all the-
[/small] Ahem, excuse me; I'll get back to you on that.
Abso-freakin-lutely hilarious.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Janey accuses me of chasing jailbait. She bursts into angry tears, asking if it's because she's getting older. It's true. She's aging more noticeably every day?while I am standing still. I prefer the stillness here. I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.

Oh, whoops. Wrong planet.

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
I hereby propose the Reverse Moon Landing Hoax Conspiracy Theory: NASA never actually stopped sending astronauts to the moon.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Why haven't they implemented streetview yet? That'd solve this case real quick.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
GabeZhul said:
Goddamit, I so called it! When the news broke that Google would put together Google Earth style maps for the Moon and Mars, my first reaction was "In a few days some idiots with too much time will come out of the woodworks to find some smudges and claim that they are aliens/pyramids/faces/space-penguins en masse", and lo and behold, it happened.

Someone get me James Randi and his one million dollars. I am apparently a psychic. -.-'
Hey, don't lump the space penguins in with the rest of that tripe. They are a peaceful and benevolent society who has guided us for centu....I've said too much. My penguin overlords will not be pleased.

But yeah. Considering a boat wake was proof (or rather, "proof") of Nessie, I'm utterly unsurprised here.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
SpinFusor said:
The Government is clearly trying to cover up the fact that we found Bigfoots (Bigfeets?) on the moon.
Not just Bigfoots, but Nazi Zombie Alien Bigfoots!

Johnny Novgorod said:
Rocky formation is rocky. Face of Mars still takes the cake.
The Face on Mars definitely looks freaking cool.

Of course, the people who thought it was significant missed the part where you don't have to go to Mars to find such a thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Man_of_the_Mountain

Granted, you'd have trouble seeing it now, but it was also pretty cool.

ultratog1028 said:
Clearly that is Tupac.
No, there would be sevens in the photo if that was true.

My theory: someone actually took the "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" meme to new extremes.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
ok well thats a strange formation. is it possible that its one of our old suits left or did we bring all of them back home?

thaluikhain said:
It must be an alien!

Look at the craters around it, in them, the shadows are going almost exactly the other way.

Only an alien would have a shadow that goes towards the light source.
not sure if ironic, because the shadow direction matches.

Vigormortis said:
Huh. It sure looks decidedly human for something that's supposed to be alien.
no, not really. due to poor resolution all it looks is like a thing that has 4 limbs, two of which is used to stand on and a head. That does not even have to be a humanoid, let alone human. of course it could be a rock too since this is just a qpoor quality picture. but an alien with this shape is not unlikely because this shape is quite efficient in both moving around and interaction/usage of tools. there is a reason evolution picked this path rather than, say, intelligent koalas.

RicoADF said:
Samsont said:
oxygen ( assuming is breathes )
There is no oxygen or even an atmosphere on the moon, it's a dead rock and the surface is exposed to space. Anything that could live on the moon would have to be a species that can live in the void of space. To be honest that'd be quite interesting. That said there's nothing on the moon to eat etc so it'd have to be something that was visiting the moon as you couldn't survive there without support.
your underestimating the word alien. there is aboslutely no proof to claim that alien must have same food intake cycle or breathe or even be carbon based to live. for all we know there are intelligent rocks that are so slow it takes a whole human year for them to communicate a single "Word" between eachother. we would eaisly ignore such rocks too evne if we found them. for all we know there could be an alien that feeds of radiation floating in space. or of electormagnetic waves of which we shoot a lot towards the moon. we simply got aboslutely no idea how or what the alien would look like. it could also be humanoid too btw.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Maybe it's going to repair the glass on the lunar pyramids. That shit's been broken for years now.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Roofstone said:
Well I'll go prepare for our alien overlords.

Wait.. Why does google EARTH have moon maps? That bothers me much more than it should to be honest.
Well the moon is a satellite of the planet Earth and has a profound impact on the tides, and from recent evidence the idea that the current moon has some of what used to be Earth in it due to an intense impact between the Earth and another celestial body. Google Earth is also a much catchier name than Google Moon. Maybe Lunar Google.

OT: It's obviously the Space Nazis, nothing to see here.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I like the Zod idea. Or the guardians one. Seems like a prank Peter Quill would pull. Make Groot walk on the moon to freak the shit out of earthlings.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
GamemasterAnthony said:
fletch_talon said:
thaluikhain said:
Eh...if there's pictures of him doing drawings with his nose while someone says "Upside down upside down", then I'll be excited.
Alright people this post nailed it, time for everyone to go home.
No actually wait! If we can just get him back down to continue his inspirational work on children's television he can get back to promoting creativity and imagination in the otherwise slackjawed delinquent youth of today. Somebody find him his rocket ship...

"Hurry Up!"

You said it Blackboard.
I know I'm probably going to lose some serious geek cred for this...but what in the name of the Seven are you both referencing?!?
No loss of geek cred, its more nostalgia.
Australia specific nostalgia as well.

Mr Squiggle (the man from the moon) was a puppet with his own TV show. He had a pencil for a nose and the entire premise of the show was that he was supplied with a bunch of random squiggles on a piece of paper, he'd then turn them into a picture by drawing with his nose... which looking back was some masterful puppeteering work.

Quite often as I recall, he'd seemingly finish a squiggle drawing, but it still didn't look like anything. That's when he'd chant, "upside down" until his human co star turned the page around to show what he was working on. Again it seems cool that he could draw upside down but I think as a puppeteer he was looking down on everything so it probably appeared right side up.

Oh and the blackboard that they placed the paper on was alive and would frequently tell them to "hurry uuuup"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNll00NXzB8

Ouch, right in the childhood.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Roofstone said:
Well I'll go prepare for our alien overlords.

Wait.. Why does google EARTH have moon maps? That bothers me much more than it should to be honest.
They have Mars maps, too. :p It is a lot of fun with the flight simulator they have built into it.

Dead Raen said:
Don't worry guys, I've already figured it out.

It was Neil the whole time.
Either that or its Carl Sagan come back to check on us.

OT: Too bad it's probably just another optical illusion like the mars face. Although if it wasn't imagine what kind of news that would be.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
fletch_talon said:
GamemasterAnthony said:
fletch_talon said:
thaluikhain said:
Eh...if there's pictures of him doing drawings with his nose while someone says "Upside down upside down", then I'll be excited.
Alright people this post nailed it, time for everyone to go home.
No actually wait! If we can just get him back down to continue his inspirational work on children's television he can get back to promoting creativity and imagination in the otherwise slackjawed delinquent youth of today. Somebody find him his rocket ship...

"Hurry Up!"

You said it Blackboard.
I know I'm probably going to lose some serious geek cred for this...but what in the name of the Seven are you both referencing?!?
No loss of geek cred, its more nostalgia.
Australia specific nostalgia as well.

Mr Squiggle (the man from the moon) was a puppet with his own TV show. He had a pencil for a nose and the entire premise of the show was that he was supplied with a bunch of random squiggles on a piece of paper, he'd then turn them into a picture by drawing with his nose... which looking back was some masterful puppeteering work.

Quite often as I recall, he'd seemingly finish a squiggle drawing, but it still didn't look like anything. That's when he'd chant, "upside down" until his human co star turned the page around to show what he was working on. Again it seems cool that he could draw upside down but I think as a puppeteer he was looking down on everything so it probably appeared right side up.

Oh and the blackboard that they placed the paper on was alive and would frequently tell them to "hurry uuuup"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNll00NXzB8

Ouch, right in the childhood.
That explains why I didn't recognize it. I don't think that show made it to the States.

CAPTCHA: i'm sorry

It wasn't your fault, Captcha. Why are you apologizing?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Strazdas said:
no, not really. due to poor resolution all it looks is like a thing that has 4 limbs, two of which is used to stand on and a head. That does not even have to be a humanoid, let alone human. of course it could be a rock too since this is just a qpoor quality picture. but an alien with this shape is not unlikely because this shape is quite efficient in both moving around and interaction/usage of tools. there is a reason evolution picked this path rather than, say, intelligent koalas.
Two things:

1: You're telling me things I already know.

2: You're making massive assumptions, either way.

Were you under the impression I actually thought it was a person in the photo?

Maybe I should start prefixing and suffixing my comments with [snark][/sarcasm]

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Vigormortis said:
Were you under the impression I actually thought it was a person in the photo?
No. i was merely saying that humanoid aliens is a possibility because evolution. and with the resolution as poor as the image it could even be indistinguishable.