Aliens are invading and you are armed with the last weapon you used in a video game.

Sicram

Mar 17, 2010
Well... I have the painkiller weapon from Painkiller.

We'll be just fine!

*Shurikens and Lightning!* (Although it's more of a laser, actually)

Captain Trek

Jul 21, 2011
Insanity_Zero said:
Last game I played was Catherine... I am sooo screwed. And not the good kind of screwed. I'm screwed in the worst way. Deliverance level screwed.
Umm, it's the last WEAPON you used in a game though, and I don't think Catherine actually has weapons, does it?

Anyway, I was just flying a Grendel class starfighter from Starlancer about an hour ago. It has twin gattling plasma cannons, twin laser cannons, a light rear-mounted laser turret, 40 very small "Screamer" dumb-fire missiles, 2 light "Bandit" homing missiles, 1 "Havok" homing EMP missile and 2 heavy "Jackhammer" homing anti-shipping missiles.

So yeah... I say (provided the conditions of the thread also gift one the abilities needed to actually USE the weapon you get!) bring 'em on! >:-D

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Fine, the last weapon I wielded was the shotgun in BioShock. And if I'm to fend of an entire alien invation alone with only one weapon, and who knows how little ammo. We're all screwed no matter what the gun I have.

Secondly - this sounds an awful lot like a game thread. And therefore it sounds like it should be placed in an game thread room. There are rooms specifically for these kinds of threads, you know. Escapist Forum - Gaming Discussion is for discussing games. And therefore should have an opening post with question or statement that is to be discussed, or at least leads to discussion along the thread. This opening post has neither.

I can't discuss whether or not someone where to wield whatever weapon they say they are, since I have no knowledge at that area. Were you to encourage discussing survival strategies or possibility to fend of invasion with the acquired weapon, on the other hand. Then you would have a real discussion thread, and something worth posting.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind these game threads, I love them just as much as the next guy. But in the right room. In the Gaming Discussion room, they're misplaced and taking up room for the rest of the threads when made without discussion value.

Again - recap. I do not have anything against game threads, I participated in many myself. But I sincerely wish you would either add discussion value to a thread like this, or place it in the correct room. In this case that would be forum games and RP =)

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Captain Trek said:
Insanity_Zero said:
Last game I played was Catherine... I am sooo screwed. And not the good kind of screwed. I'm screwed in the worst way. Deliverance level screwed.
Umm, it's the last WEAPON you used in a game though, and I don't think Catherine actually has weapons, does it?

Anyway, I was just flying a Grendel class starfighter from Starlancer about an hour ago. It has twin gattling plasma cannons, twin laser cannons, a light rear-mounted laser turret, 40 very small "Screamer" dumb-fire missiles, 2 light "Bandit" homing missiles, 1 "Havok" homing EMP missile and 2 heavy "Jackhammer" homing anti-shipping missiles.

So yeah... I say (provided the conditions of the thread also gift one the abilities needed to actually USE the weapon you get!) bring 'em on! >:-D
See now if i had just stuck with playing X3 i would either be defending Earth with my experimental, tuned up skate or one of those ridiculous capital ships that plough into the sides of stations with time dilation active. I suspect you have a greater chance of survival than i do. Unless the Crom Faeyr can knock back indipendance day style rapelasers. Can it? lets say it can.

TheDarklite

Nov 26, 2010
A gold broadsword from Terraria. Damn it!

Why couldn't I fit in some Terran Conflict earlier?!!!

Captain Trek

Jul 21, 2011
Versuvius said:
Captain Trek said:
Insanity_Zero said:

See now if i had just stuck with playing X3 i would either be defending Earth with my experimental, tuned up skate or one of those ridiculous capital ships that plough into the sides of stations with time dilation active. I suspect you have a greater chance of survival than i do. Unless the Crom Faeyr can knock back indipendance day style rapelasers. Can it? lets say it can.
Heh... The best part, I just realised, is that your ship in Starlancer comes complete with Mike "Moose" Horrigan in the back seat, acting as your co-pilot. If I CAN'T fly the thing, he can always take over. :p

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
I count the Summoners Ball a weapon (League of Legends) XD

Which means i get to choose a Hero to fight for me. Last one i used was Corki. So, a midget in an aircraft loaded with Gatling guns, missiles, napalm and Massive rockets, ALL of them with unlimited ammo.... Yeah, those aliens are fucked.

Scorpianhead

Mar 13, 2010
i just used avitus in dawn of war 2 to kill a boss so does that mean i get a heavy bolter if so i win and the aliens can go home now.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Captain Trek said:
Versuvius said:
Captain Trek said:
Insanity_Zero said:

Heh... The best part, I just realised, is that your ship in Starlancer comes complete with Mike "Moose" Horrigan in the back seat, acting as your co-pilot. If I CAN'T fly the thing, he can always take over. :p
Replace Mike with Frank Horrigan and i would feel safer.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Mieze. The main gun of a Tiger I, but carried around and used by a purple space marine with sunglasses. (this is New Vegas)

Assuming I was a purple space marine with sunglasses who could carry around and fire a gun that was originally mounted on the most famous war machine in history, I think the aliens would simply start running in the direction that is most away from my direction.