Aliens life discovered on Titan, interpretations.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Interesting. Interesti- I'm sorry but I can't hold my excitment of this posibility.

*high pitched voice*[HEADING=2]YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[/HEADING] I KNEW THERE WAS SO MUCH MORE TO THE UNIVERSE. Okay I know it's just a possibility but still c'mon this is awesome.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
They seem to be microscopic (if I'm reading the articles right), in which case it's till damn interesting, but it also means no alien sex for us for a few billion years. Oh well...

Dmatix

Feb 3, 2009
If there is life on Titan, it leaves us only one possible option.
Nuke'em!
All kidding aside, we can only hope.

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
Well, if it's involving methane...I know welcome are smelly underlings of the future (when they evolve into something remotely useful)

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
I knew Saturn was awesome, but this is just ridiculous. They said it's possible that Mars has life, but now it's damn near certain Saturn has it.

I didn't know life was so common here in the universe. Pfft... Earth. Only planet with life, my ass.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
Stone Wera said:
I knew Saturn was awesome, but this is just ridiculous. They said it's possible that Mars has life, but now it's damn near certain Saturn has it.

I didn't know life was so common here in the universe. Pfft... Earth. Only planet with life, my ass.
It was possible mars HAD life, the chances are slimmer now although not gone completely...
how long is it gonna be before we find the mass relay now?

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
LOLYOULOSEGIRL said:
Stone Wera said:
LOLYOULOSEGIRL said:
Jim From Accounting said:
so there is flying fart monsters on titan?
Whatever they are, they aren't going to smell nice.
Methane is odorless.
:(
Why is that a sad face? That means that this world won't smell like dog farts.

Burningsok said:
yeeeah in four billion years we will be either extinct because earth dies out before we have the technology to travel to titan, or still be present and be so technologically advanced that we could probably travel to other galaxies. Hell maybe even to another universe.
What makes you think that we won't have technology to travel to Titan in FOUR BILLION YEARS.
That's a long time. Plus we would have evolved (assuming Darwin wasn't a liar) into something different by then... Probably something that can blow shit up with it's MIND.

reggaerae

Jun 24, 2010
Thats extremeley interesting, but I hate how the media announce it as "evidence" of life, as if it is confirmed. Its simply making the hypothesis more likely, as is admittedly a pretty big step.

Plus the artists impression - cool. But I think you're taking a few liberties with that one.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
Alright, guys. Before we start sending radio messages saying, "Take me to your leader," we're forgetting one important point. The absence of these chemicals does not prove anything. There are abiotic explanations to their reported absence.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Send in a fuckin' rover? Seriously, pics or GTFO. If it's just bacteria, then fuck off.

I WANT ZERGLINGS DAMN IT!

[HEADING=2]LIVE FOR THE SWARM![/HEADING]

WaNNaBJusTLiKeU

Jun 26, 2010
Yes, I R Troll :(

I didn't just want to start a topic people may find interesting and have good debates and talks on. The thread title was done to spark an interest, I haven't made this stuff up, i've provided sources, and it looks like people are taking to it well.

Apologies if i've offended anyone else with my troll like behaviour and thread titles. I'm a bad troll.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
Jark212 said:
Hoping for the best:

That is an epic win. I call the green one.

OT: Interesting...maybe this will shut up that one person I know who claims aliens don't exist because they aren't mentioned in the Bible.
I call the red one and the purple one.

OT: Eh, so there is alien life out there. It probably isn't going to affect our lives to much. And it is basically impossible for us to have a real face to face encounter with them.

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
I just hope that astronauts stay away from the aliens, or use enough protection to prevent from giving them Earth germs. It's like Stephen Hawking said, only we're the ones more advanced.

Maybe Martians thought the same about life on Earth (assuming they did thrive at one point, and were as or more advanced as or than us)?
And when Titanian scientists are debating life on Neptune, we'll be left in the dust.