Aliens Powerloader Turned Into Best Baby Costume Ever

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Aliens Powerloader Turned Into Best Baby Costume Ever

Stumped for something to make for that costume party you got invited to and can't find a baby sitter? Then build this Aliens Powerloader costume that would make Sigourney Weaver proud.

[gallery=2187]

A German father had a stroke of genius while trying to come up with a costume for Karneval 2014 parade, and it got his 13-month-old daughter involved.

Inspired by James Cameron's movie Aliens, Carsten Riewe decided to create a Caterpillar P5000 Powerloader that could safely carry his daughter with him to the event. The creation took about 100 hours to complete.

"The arms and legs are full moveable and the top-light and LED were powered by an 12 Volt battery pack stored in the backpack," Riewe said on his Facebook video. "The on/off switch is in the left arm. Also in the backpack, a Bluetooth boombox is installed to play mechanical robot sound fx or music if preferred."

Riewe said his daughter enjoyed being carried about it the safety harness. This gets my vote for Creative Father of the Year. Check out the video below.

Source: Geek Tyrant [http://geektyrant.com/news/radical-aliens-powerloader-baby-costume]

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Yeah, his daughter really seems to "enjoy" that. Certainly not terrified or anything.

Still, it's a pretty well-done project. These DIY fan projects often seem more impressive than the source material.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
That's so cool! I wonder what havoc the baby would wreak if she was in control. She would wreck that parade!

Kuala BangoDango

Mar 19, 2009
I saw the headline and expected an actual baby costume, not an adult costume with a baby attachment thrown in as an afterthought.

As an adult costume it looks really good. As a baby costume not so much (the baby portion isn't even decorated to look like the rest of the outfit).

Overall though it gets two thumbs up from me.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Avaholic03 said:
Yeah, his daughter really seems to "enjoy" that. Certainly not terrified or anything.
That's what I initially thought too, until I saw the video. Didn't seem too bad. If she was terrified, there would have been a lot more crying. Like, a LOT more.

That said, cool as this costume is, I wouldn't have put so many lights near her head. That cannot be good for her. :p