Aliens: What if we're the advanced species?

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
This is coming from a discussion between a friend and I.

We both believe in "life on other planets" theory, but what I wonder is, what if we're the advanced beings? Hear me out.

Let's just say, we manage to figure out how to travel throughout space quickly and find another race of intelligent life-forms (living in houses, pants, the whole sha-bang), only we're the "freaky futuristic aliens from space" and they're the "less advanced aliens".

What do we do then?

Do we leave'em alone? Watch them to see how they advance? World domination?

What if they're in a terrible state? Wars, hunger, over-population. Do we help them or do we leave them to their fate?

Personally, I'd leave them alone but leave something to monitor them. I'd love to see how another race would advance.

What do you think/ what would you do?

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
SckizoBoy said:
What I'd do: leave them the hell alone.
What I'd want to do: integration.
What would probably happen: resource wars.
That was goddam fast.

Well i tell you what we wouldnt do. Randomly fly around trying to be stealthy but failing all the while probing anus's left right and centre. We also wouldnt come along every so often to build a monument between anus inspecting. That would be retarded

I think wed intervine. We are far too curious. Wed share all our technology, it would destroy them, not to mention the initial culture gap and language gap would be huge. I think it would be a mess.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Then the aliens are not intelligent, intelligent aliens are based on our level or above.

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
iLazy said:

We both believe in "life on other planets" theory, but what I wonder is, what if we're the advanced beings? Hear me out.

Let's just say, we manage to figure out how to travel throughout space quickly and find another race of intelligent life-forms (living in houses, pants, the whole sha-bang), only we're the "freaky futuristic aliens from space" and they're the "less advanced aliens".

What do we do then?

What if they're in a terrible state? Wars, hunger, over-population. Do we help them or do we leave them to their fate?

Personally, I'd leave them alone but leave something to monitor them. I'd love to see how another race would advance.

Have you never ever seen an episode of Star Trek or Stargate? They ran into less technologically advanced cultures all the time.

They each had different ideals with the situation.

Star Trek had more political approach. They wouldn't interfere (or at least try not to) with any cultures who wasn't advanced to interstellar travel. If you pop out of the sky with technology hundreds of years if could mess up the natural advancement of a species. Even create problems for them where they could have had peace.

Stargate attempted to help whenever they could; such as giving advanced generators for heat if the planet had terrible winter seasons, teaching medicine, agriculture techniques and so fourth. In return the Stargate team would want to check out the planet for any possible natural resources, one planet had an ore that created a metal lighter and stronger than steel. Or search for anything left behind by advanced aliens a long time ago; the Ancients and Gua'uld liked building secret laboratories/temples all over the universe.

I kind of prefer Stargate's approach. They did create problems for some planets. But at the same time got to help some that were having tough times and even found natural resources that didnt appear on Earth.

Trying a World Domination approach is risky. You dont know if some other advanced race already has "dibs" and is gonna get pissed off by some cockroach trying to snag their claim.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
Wushu Panda said:
Have you never ever seen an episode of Star Trek or Stargate?
No, I haven't. My family was kind of poor when I was younger, so we couldn't really afford television and by the time we got more money, I wasn't really interested in Sci-fi.

Nonetheless, I agree with you on the world domination. Not to mention that at least a good portion of the public would be completely against it.

Now that I think of it, a lot of sci-fi shows have explored this type of scenario. Ah, writers, may their imaginations never end.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
The prime directive exists for a reason.

...Well, it doesn't actually exist... But it will...

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I'm thinking conquest, followed by a long bitter occupation, eventual integration and a number of wars, ending with the near extermination of of their species one way or the other.

Personally I'm looking forward to it.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
iLazy said:

What do we do then?

Have you ever watched star trek? I forget what it was called, but they couldn't interfere in sentient species or something like that.

I also think it's unlikely as our solar system is pretty young in terms of the universe, and our planet is one of the younger planets in our solar system.

OT: knowing us, we would do exactly what we've done every other time that we have encountered "less advanced" creatures. Subjugate or eliminate them. Or, as I like to say it, Kill their men, Rape their women, and pillage their land.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
We steal thier resources. While we are on some good will mission. Thats how we roll.

Andrew_J_Drake

Oct 23, 2011
First, check to see what kind of military hardware they have, then if we can safely land we land.
Assuming we land, we then begin negotiations for trade with them, and hopefully get useful allies for when a more advanced race than us show up.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
Do not:
interfere
send any messages
scan for petroleum (but knowing us we probably would)

Do:
observe civilization
scan for weapons

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
In such a scenario I see me treating aliens about the same I'd treat the children who show up at family gatherings. Ignore direct contact at all costs for both of our sakes, but keep an eye on them to make sure they don't accidentally stab themselves in the eye.

x-machina

Sep 14, 2010
You seen the movie Avatar? I imagine that is pretty much exactly what would happen (minus the happy ending)

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Well, I would hope we'd have the good sense to leave them alone. I'd imagine we'd have discovered amazing resources long before sentient life. That means we wouldn't necessarily jump to invasion. If some means of communication was discovered I think we'd fuck things up. SOMEBODY would fuck things up.

Also, I'd hope they wouldn't be humanoid. People already think up the weirdest sexual shit. I don't really want some of those things to be real.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
The plan is simple we give them supplies laced with small pox, aids, ect. We take planet for ourselves. Thus no moral questions about aliens left. Turn all of our hate outwards towards aliens and maybe increase the peace on earth by 1-3%.