All Electronics Banned On International Flights Into U.S.

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
All this terrorism leaves me somewhat sympathetic to the Muslim faith. In deepest darkest rural England (here), you'd get lynched if you admitted that you were Muslim because 'ZOMG ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS AND WANT TO TURN ME INTO A MUSLIM AND BOMB MY HOUSE SEND THEM BACK TO THEIR OWN COUNTRY!!!!11111' /sigh.

InsertWittyName

Jun 25, 2009
pimppeter2 said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Taking away yet one more freedom to provide the illusion of safety.
What would you have them do. This is the only immediate way to calm down panic.

Plus, maybe this will finally get kids to read some goddamn books.
I wouldn't encourage reading books, not with all the twilight buzz around.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Staying in your seat fights terrorism?

Did Jasper "the Flying Dutchman" Schuringa, the man who stopped the Flight 253 bombing stay in his seat? He did not!

laserwulf

Dec 30, 2007
How many "air-rage" incidents will it take for these asinine rules to be repealed? Thanks TSA, you've helped me to decide that all my travel will be with Amtrak from now on.

OT: in the U.S. Army I've had to fly in uniform a few times, and even with valid military ID and orders, EVERY TIME I was 'randomly selected' to be frisked. Looking over at the pilots & flight attendants waltzing on through, it made me want to put on a fancy hat & pin plastic wings to my shirt, next time. Also, if TSA screeners think that my -unopened- bottle of water could be dangerous, why why WHY does it go into a bin... right next to the screener??? At least I know I'll be quenching the thirst of a parched screener. The TSA could learn a lot from Ben Gurion Intl. in Israel; they've been dealing with terrorists for a while before 9/11.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
In a back-corner alley, two weeks ago.
Barnes and Noble rep: Show me the bill.
TSA rep: No, show me the cash first! We're taking a big risk with this!
B&N rep: Fine then...but only because I don't envy your public relations position...

vamp rocks

Aug 27, 2008
Kollega said:
And how, exactly, deactivating the in-flight movie systems will help fight terrorism? I fail to see any reason to it, logical or not. What terrorists could possibly do with them?!
they are hoping that people will get so fed up with these riddiculous rules the TSA has set and will try to kill a TSA memeber...

they will then promptly arrest said disgrunteled passanger and accuse him of being a terrorist so it looks like the TSA are actually doing something to stop terrorism....