All male Fox News panel freak out over the numbers of women providing the main income in households

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
Women being the main source of income, proposterous I say.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to catch my carriage to the market place. I've heard they brought in spices from the colonies.

SidheKnight

Nov 28, 2011
BreakfastMan said:
We can all agree that this is BS right? Right? Oh, who am I kidding, some MRA nutjob will burst in here soon enough agreeing with these clowns... Regardless, these men are stupid as hell and represent some of the more horrific depths of some corners of American culture.
Hey, don't put us in the same boat as those conservative nutjobs. MRA here, I don't agree or know anybody who would agree with these clowns.

Of course it's BS! What do you expect from Fox News? (Outside the states, we use it as a commedy channel, do you guys do the same?

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Darken12 said:
This my favourite brand of anti-feminism, the kind that mangles my very profession and passion to justify itself.
Anti-science has to be one of my most hated phrases ever and dammit i feel your pain.

Anti science is a hatred of looking, recording, being vigorous and asking questions.

Anything outside of those things that a person takes issue with is anti YOU and you need to deal with it.

I hate the way people try and push personal agendas with biology. Biology doesnt ever freaking declare people SHOULD and thus AUGHT to act a certain way based on gender, height, race or sexuality. At best it predicts how people MIGHT behave and what they MIGHT do and even then a lot is based on a savage evolutionary past spanning millions of years which has now been extremely briefly molded by 3000 years worth of cultural teachings and civilizations.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Caiphus said:
And it's a shame for Americans that don't think like this because it's pretty bad marketing for their country.
Eh, we're used to it by now. Stupidity exists wherever you go, typically as a small (albeit loud) minority. The only difference here in the states is that the stupid people just seem to be louder than elsewhere in the world.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
launchpadmcqwak said:
Me going into this:
"Ahh some dumb fox news guy said something non PC who cares he's just being honest about his opinions."

Me halfway through:
"ohhhhhhhhhhh........maybe sexism does sort of exist.
I must admit, whenever I see someone say with a straight faced that feminists are just overreacting all the time and trying to ruin everything, I tend to imagine them as the kind of guys on that panel.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I need a fully functional martian tripod. Screw it, I need a full army of them.

And on that day, for this and their many more crimes to humanity, fox will feel the fiery touch of our heat rays, starting with their news department.

Fuck, might have a few of them picked up. Who knows what discoveries an autopsy of Bill O Reilly's deranged mind could yeild?

Madgamer13

Sep 20, 2010
Incredible, it was like watching the highly intellectual members of /b/ have an argument, all they needed to do to complete the experience was to randomly add flattering pictures of some guy's gaping behind.

Amazing that such overtly offensive content can be shown on American Television. If it happened over here in the UK, it would be likely that someone somewhere would file a complaint. But hey, this is fox news right? Oh-you fox.

Concerning the topic that was discussed, I do not agree with them at all. If marriages are falling apart, it may have more to do with the relationships involved, instead of any fact of a woman earning more than a man in the relationship. We can also go deeper and ascertain that another thing that may have an influence in failing marriages is how employers view females within relationships.

How better to guarantee a wife's earnings with a sexist employer than to ensure she is not a wife at all?

People really do have to learn how sexist attitudes can be used against those who choose to be sexist, as well as the lasting effect of such attitudes.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
Oh hey, Erick Erickson was on that panel. I'm so glad I could share a local treasure like him with all of you. Especially if his media career keeps him from running for office.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
My mom has always been the main bread winner for us so it is not a big surprise.
However culturally we do pretend like the credit goes to my dad.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
I'm going to be very careful with how I phrase all of this.

I agree with their conclusion but not their premise.

If a woman chooses to work, she should have every opportunity to do so - no different than a man. There's no real difference between a stay-at-home mom and a stay-at-home dad, and each family should be allowed to decide who works and who stays.

That's not the problem with the "family unit" in this country. The problem is that very few families can afford not to send both parents to work anymore. The days of one parent supporting the entire family with a 40 hour work week are long gone. Wages simply haven't kept up with inflation, and the end result is *every* adult under the roof (parents, grandparents, adult children) having to bring in money to get by. The kids end up in sketchy daycare or lousy after-school programs (because these are poor families) while both parents grind out 40-50 hours a week just to make ends meet.

THAT is the disintegration of the family unit, and it has NOTHING to do with women in the workplace and EVERYTHING to do with wealth disparity in this country. Women spreading into the workplace, while progressive and commendable, has really masked the bigger issue: the average american family is much, much poorer than it was in the 1950s. Of course you'd never see a Fox News panel pointing this out because they'd inevitable wind up blaming the actual culprits - the top 1%.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
FieryTrainwreck said:
I'm going to be very careful with how I phrase all of this.

I agree with their conclusion but not their premise.

If a woman chooses to work, she should have every opportunity to do so - no different than a man. There's no real difference between a stay-at-home mom and a stay-at-home dad, and each family should be allowed to decide who works and who stays.

That's not the problem with the "family unit" in this country. The problem is that very few families can afford not to send both parents to work anymore. The days of one parent supporting the entire family with a 40 hour work week are long gone. Wages simply haven't kept up with inflation, and the end result is *every* adult under the roof (parents, grandparents, adult children) having to bring in money to get by. The kids end up in sketchy daycare or lousy after-school programs (because these are poor families) while both parents grind out 40-50 hours a week just to make ends meet.

THAT is the disintegration of the family unit, and it has NOTHING to do with women in the workplace and EVERYTHING to do with wealth disparity in this country. Women spreading into the workplace, while progressive and commendable, has really masked the bigger issue: the average american family is much, much poorer than it was in the 1950s. Of course you'd never see a Fox News panel pointing this out because they'd inevitable wind up blaming the actual culprits - the top 1%.
Yep, they have to get out of the house to work, not because they necessarily want to -I'm sure there are those, maybe the majority, who really want to work- but because they have to. See also women in WW1/2 factories...

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Whoa, Fox News are being retarded? But this means....it must be tuesday!

These guys are basically the news equivalent of the Westboro Baptist Church. If all of them drowned, the world would be a better place.

lawrie001

Jun 23, 2010
My god...just my god. I didn't even realise sexism like this still existed, I have a biology degree and watch all sort of nature documentaries and let me tell you. Females are dominant in the majority of animal societies/groups/everything, main reason well a multitude of animals, birds, lizards, mammals etc the males go through a lot of competition, displays and calling to get females to notice them, in very few species is it reversed.
Also a large number of invertebrate species (most notably arachnid/spider) the female of the species is significantly larger then the male and after copulation consumes the poor guy. So its no where near against nature.

I doubt also that man kids would be concerned at all if there mum went to work and dad stayed at home, I cant picture it as such just due to the fact that my mum was stay at home and its what Im use to. If I was married with a house etc I wouldn't care who brings in more money, only concern would be if shes in same job as me and still getting more then I would wonder why but like I want to go into teaching and she does something in film or tv she will earn more then me, will I care? No because its not affecting my own self worth or my "manliness" and society will not crumble to the ground.

Also to the guys above saying about WW1/2 good example, whilst majority of men were out in the trenches the country was literally held together and run by women.....so how come were still here then! OMG!! Personally I would love any female worker at fox to resign but only after kicking everyone who endorses that sexist sentiment in the bollocks.

vid87

May 17, 2010
What I find both almost sympathetic yet even more hilarious is that, gathering from some of their points from the conversation, they seem to believe that the reason why these stats exist is because EVERY SINGLE family in the survey is a single-parent system.

I say somewhat sympathetic because the thinking at least fits with their concern for preserving "whole" families and their outrage seems to stem from the belief that there is an epidemic of deadbeat husbands leaving their families and forcing moms to take care of things by herself.

I say hilarious because if the panel were introduced to the idea that the survey most likely includes two-parent systems where the mom just plain out-earns the dad, we'd be seeing some serious "Scanners" style head-exploding.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009

Fox: Being a backwards, hateful source of anti-news (even THAT'S debatable) since the dawn of time.

I am past the point of being surprised by many of the things that Fox pull out of their metaphorical hat of theirs, but this truly caught me off guard. Ugh, I think I may have actually seen everything now until Cathulu decides to rise from the oceans, hopefully destroying the Fox studio in a freak "accident."

A man can dream...

layden radeen

Apr 13, 2012
Hey every one 40% of house holds in the U.S.A have a woman as the main source income showing that out society is devolving because for most of what history that fox employes know men have been the ones that earn the money

SOMEONE STOP THE PEOPLE AT FOX TALKING AND THINKING

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
"It's Fox News. They don't make it up they shit it out"
-Jimmy Carr

Yeah... it really is disintegrating the structure of the all-american family when women get job, isn't it? I mean, what's next? They're gonna be in bars with their clothes ON? Hah!

I see my decision to not install cable when i moved to US for college was a good one. Haven't watched a minute of TV for the past 8 months. I think i've spared a lot of innocent brain cells.