All-Male Ghostbusters Film is in The Works

PointlessKnowledge

It Can Wait Til Morning
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
1,109
63
53
Country
Canada
Gender
Male
I much as I love Ghostbusters, none of the announcements over the past few months have filled me with confidence that these films will be any good. Instead of picking people of one gender for these films, how about picking people who will do a good job, gender be damned?
 

THM

New member
Sep 27, 2014
218
0
0
PointlessKnowledge said:
As much as I love Ghostbusters, none of the announcements over the past few months have filled me with confidence that these films will be any good. Instead of picking people of one gender for these films, how about picking people who will do a good job, gender be damned?
Good point; but see, that's trying to apply logic to any of this, and none of this is about logic. Depending on who you're looking at, it's either about ideology or greed. The logical thing would be to get the best actors and actresses, write a good story, and make the best damn film you can. But to make enough money these days (supposedly) you can't just get the hardcore fans of the actual property in to see it, you need the buzz from ratting the hives of the (gender) ideologues, who can then a) go to see it in droves to either support it or go so they can find all the 'right' reasons to hate it (if they're willing to make that effort) and b) provide both movies with tons of free advertising (which...we're already doing - whoops).

I think both movies are going to be ones to avoid until there are reviews out - or just avoid, period. Which is a shame, since it'd be interesting to see what modern effects would do with the Ghostbusters world.
 

PointlessKnowledge

It Can Wait Til Morning
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
1,109
63
53
Country
Canada
Gender
Male
THM said:
PointlessKnowledge said:
As much as I love Ghostbusters, none of the announcements over the past few months have filled me with confidence that these films will be any good. Instead of picking people of one gender for these films, how about picking people who will do a good job, gender be damned?
Good point; but see, that's trying to apply logic to any of this, and none of this is about logic. Depending on who you're looking at, it's either about ideology or greed. The logical thing would be to get the best actors and actresses, write a good story, and make the best damn film you can. But to make enough money these days (supposedly) you can't just get the hardcore fans of the actual property in to see it, you need the buzz from ratting the hives of the (gender) ideologues, who can then a) go to see it in droves to either support it or go so they can find all the 'right' reasons to hate it (if they're willing to make that effort) and b) provide both movies with tons of free advertising (which...we're already doing - whoops).

I think both movies are going to be ones to avoid until there are reviews out - or just avoid, period. Which is a shame, since it'd be interesting to see what modern effects would do with the Ghostbusters world.
Silly me, wishing for the movie industry to be reasonable. What was I thinking?
 

THM

New member
Sep 27, 2014
218
0
0
PointlessKnowledge said:
Silly me, wishing for the movie industry to be reasonable. What was I thinking?
I know; but hey, we're all allowed to shoot for the moon sometimes, right? ;)

Captcha - 'ask questions' - Apparently something nobody did over this whole 'GenderBusters' crap, chief of which should've been 'Why are we going to do this?'
 

CFriis87

New member
Jun 16, 2011
103
0
0
Words cannot even begin to describe how much I don't want to watch ANY of these two movies, or anything else coming out of this soon to be stillborn franchise.
 

Zefar

New member
May 11, 2009
485
0
0
Drew Pearce, who wrote IronMan 3
Dear god, it'll be awful.

Iron Man 3 was just bad. He actually made Ironman stupid. HOW do you do that? Like, why would he still use his crappy Ironman suit when it failed him several times? Why didn't he directly call out the better suits?

So I have very little hope for the male Ghost busters movie coming up.
 

Toadfish1

New member
May 28, 2013
204
0
0
canadamus_prime said:
Steven Bogos said:
"We want to expand the Ghostbusters universe in ways that will include different films, TV shows, merchandise, all things that are part of modern filmed entertainment," director Ivan Reitman told Deadline [http://deadline.com/2015/03/ghostbusters-channing-tatum-joe-and-anthony-russo-drew-pearce-ivan-reitman-dan-aykroyd-1201388917/].
A part of my soul died reading that. Nothing kills entertainment faster than having it become corporate driven slog.
What about Marvel Studios?
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
Toadfish1 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Steven Bogos said:
"We want to expand the Ghostbusters universe in ways that will include different films, TV shows, merchandise, all things that are part of modern filmed entertainment," director Ivan Reitman told Deadline [http://deadline.com/2015/03/ghostbusters-channing-tatum-joe-and-anthony-russo-drew-pearce-ivan-reitman-dan-aykroyd-1201388917/].
A part of my soul died reading that. Nothing kills entertainment faster than having it become corporate driven slog.
What about Marvel Studios?
Well there are exceptions. ...maybe.
 

VonBrewskie

New member
Apr 9, 2009
480
0
0
CGAdam said:
The best possible outcome with no downside in sight would be to take the two movies, half the script and cast of each, and cram them into one single creation. It would be perfect.
Solomon would approve of this, I think.
 

Phil the Nervous

New member
Jun 1, 2014
106
0
0
VonBrewskie said:
CGAdam said:
The best possible outcome with no downside in sight would be to take the two movies, half the script and cast of each, and cram them into one single creation. It would be perfect.
Solomon would approve of this, I think.
So would the Barber!
 

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
6,374
0
0
canadamus_prime said:
Toadfish1 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Steven Bogos said:
"We want to expand the Ghostbusters universe in ways that will include different films, TV shows, merchandise, all things that are part of modern filmed entertainment," director Ivan Reitman told Deadline [http://deadline.com/2015/03/ghostbusters-channing-tatum-joe-and-anthony-russo-drew-pearce-ivan-reitman-dan-aykroyd-1201388917/].
A part of my soul died reading that. Nothing kills entertainment faster than having it become corporate driven slog.
What about Marvel Studios?
Well there are exceptions. ...maybe.
Personally, I'm at the point where I'd say it's not an exception. But I know I'm in the minority.

Andy Shandy said:
Perhaps if they'd done that from the outset, it would've cut down on a lot of whining, from all sides.
Nah, it's the internet. They would've just found something else to complain about.
 

Sofus

New member
Apr 15, 2011
223
0
0
I want a ghostbuster movie starring Ellen McLaine, J.K. Simmons, Stephen Merchant and Joe Kucan as the ghostbusting crew.