All We Know About World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
All We Know About World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

The beta is finally over, so check in with everything we know about next week?s expansion.

Read Full Article

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
I've been reading all these articles. I absolutely cannot wait. 6 more days :D

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
I restarted my sub last week and have been having a ball levelling a new character in the redesigned zones. Come the 7th I probably won't even notice the expansion as I'll still be enjoying all the content from the shattering!

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
ciortas1 said:
Saw my free week of gameplay, logged my elemental shaman, saw Thunderstorm removed and replaced with the fucking godawful Earthquake, not coming back to WoW. Sorry.
If that's a major disappointment to you, you either haven't been playing enough Pokemon, or you love Kyogre in double battles.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I am psyched. Can't wait until my schedule clears up. December 18th will be the day I wander the cataclysmic land of Kalimdor.

This will be a joyful Christmas, indeed.

nezroy

Oct 3, 2008
ciortas1 said:
Saw my free week of gameplay, logged my elemental shaman, saw Thunderstorm removed and replaced with the fucking godawful Earthquake, not coming back to WoW. Sorry.
Except, you know... Thunderstorm is STILL THERE.

Severin90

Nov 24, 2010
nezroy said:
ciortas1 said:
Except, you know... Thunderstorm is STILL THERE.
Yea man, you get it AT LEVEL 10...
Just to make it clear

Also on topic, damn questing in the old (now new) world is god damn awesome.. Not really helping me as a altaholic

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I have only been playing in a trial account and am still not convinced yet. It seems like it could be fun but I definitely see where the grinding comes in.

I think I have three days left out of ten and am still on the fence (haven't played it every day though). I imagine that it doesn't help that the only friend of mine who plays it is Horde whereas I would want to play Alliance (Draenei or Night Elves).

WittyInfidel

Aug 30, 2010
gnarlysurf said:
ill probably just play it on the free private servers lol hate paying for it. looks cool though
I've done that, and I have to say that playing on the private servers is garbage. Much more prone to hacking, bugs that never get fixed, and content that never gets updated. totally ruined the game for me, as it was nigh unplayable. And this wasn't just one server/group, mind you. I've had this experience across many different ones. I'd rather pay my $15 and be able to play a game that is enjoyable.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

Napierdalac

Oct 3, 2010
So i haven't played since WOTLK release, and quit because of the changes to warrior pvp.. Should i try it again ? Some times i miss the special wow feeling..

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Napierdalac said:
So i haven't played since WOTLK release, and quit because of the changes to warrior pvp.. Should i try it again ? Some times i miss the special wow feeling..
Warrior pvp? You mean hamstring-derpstorm? :p

They gave warriors yet another stun btw and another charge.

Napierdalac

Oct 3, 2010
Eldarion said:
Napierdalac said:
Warrior pvp? You mean hamstring-derpstorm? :p

They gave warriors yet another stun btw and another charge.
I really cant remember all the abilities etc. i have a life, and its been about a year :p All i remember that everyone whent tank in PvP at one time, and thats why i quit..