Alright everyone you get to adopt a child from a game.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Ok so lets say you are somehow given the ability for adopting children from games and causing them to become real and leave there in game world to be taken care of by you.

Any game that contains a child you may adopt.

What game and what child would you choose and why?

How would you raise the child better then there in game world more detail the better?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Dibs on Clementine!

She's quiet, cute, well-bahaved, learns fast and swings a hatchet like a pro.

What more could one want from a kid?

Ronald Nand

Jan 6, 2013
This one's not too difficult, there are only a few children in gaming that are bearable let alone likeable. For me it would be a a toss up between Clementine from Walking Dead, or Pearl Fey from Ace Attorney, I'd probably go with Clementine she's more down to earth so I think in the long term it would be more enjoyable adopting her.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
The companion cube, no contest. I'll put it somewhere in a corner and continue with what I was doing.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I knew that the immediate answers from this thread would be Clementine or Nanako.

I would adopt Sunny from Metal Gear Solid. Even though we see that she turned out ok in Metal Gear Rising, she would have benefited from a more normal upbringing than living in a cargo plane with 2 people who for many years have only known conflict, conspiracy, and war. Also a being a child prodigy would mean that she would be on an adult "level", by that I mean skipping most of the phase where you would have to simplify the world for a child and could speak more normally with them, sooner.

Then again I would probably be one of those "best friend" parents, less able to be a "proper" parent.

Sea Sponge

Aug 28, 2014
Alma from F.E.A.R. I'd never have to queue up in the supermarket again, she'd scare everyone off.

Or Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2.

Hilarious to have as a child, she makes me chuckle.

Although I would be worried about getting a phone call from the police saying she'd blown the school up.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
How about Mileena? She counts right? I mean technically she was just freshly "born" and has the mind of a child. I'd take her to the dentist slap her with three books every day and shape her up to be a fierce lawyer.(I fucking hate kids!!)

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Clementine and Nanako have already been mentioned and every other video game child character is annoying as hell.

Hmm... maybe Young Link, wonder how that would work.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
A little sister, so I could harvest the magical sea slug to sell to a pharmaceutical company.

What? You didn't say we couldn't harm the child.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Clemen-Dammit!

OK, in that case, Haruka from Yakuza series. Disclaimer: I haven't played Yakuza 5, because SEGA hate money, so I'm going entirely on how she was in Yakuza 4. She's capable, well-mannered, isn't annoying, and provides badass protagonist Kiryu with someone to look after. Thinking about it though, if I tried to adopt her, I'd probably be beaten to within an inch of my life, then will be forced to pay a Tauriner+ or 30000 Yen. [sub][sub][sub]Yakuza jokes few will get...[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Mechamorph

Dec 7, 2008
I'd go for the Overlad (from Overlord II). If my kid were to someday rule the world with an iron fist as Evil Overlord as all he surveys, might as well get in on the ground floor and make him love his daddy as much as he hates the rest of the world. (Although with my luck I'd probably get offed in the opening chapter just to make him turn completely evil).

Another good contender is Racette from Racettear. She's adorable, hard working and has very low standards about parenting. As long as I don't take a huge loan, abandon her to crushing debt and fail utterly at killing the Big Bad, I'm doing better than her canon father.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
I'd adopt Ted from Suikoden. OK, so he's technically hundreds of years old, thanks to the Soul Eater rune, but that just means he'd be really, really good at being an adopted son (having done it so often) and would be really, really grateful for a happy home.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Well, the obvious choice is Clementine, and otherwise... thinking about it, there really aren't many children in video games who are characterised enough to be an answer. I always thought Maggie from Nuketown, Fallout 3, was cute so I suppose I could choose her. That or Duck from the Walking Dead, I remember him being pretty chill and he isn't as unrealistically perfect as Clementine.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
I would adopt baby Bayonetta from the game Bayonetta. Because she would grow up into actual Bayonetta, and having Bayonetta as my daughter would be nothing short of fucking awesome. She could sort out all of our problems with magic and if we were in trouble she could summon a hair demon and then shoot the problem in the face.

From small bespectacled ankle biter.

To missile surfing super witch.

Clementine would be damaged goods + she is pretty much independent now since season 2. I can think of no greater Hell than having to look after Ellie from the last of us, not only is she not funny, and extremely sarcastic but she refuses to learn how to swim. They would both make dreadful adoptive daughters.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Zhukov said:
Dibs on Clementine!

She's quiet, cute, well-bahaved, learns fast and swings a hatchet like a pro.

What more could one want from a kid?
...daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammit!

Well adopt a kid huh?... I don't know of that many kids in videogames to be honest...

Grottnikk

Mar 19, 2008
How about Raz from Psychonauts? He was a cool kid, and if I ever have a psychological issue that needs sorting out, BAM! He can just platform around inside my grey matter for a bit and fix it :)