Alright kids, weigh in. What is the best RPG yet made?

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
Fallout 2 and Planescape Torment are tied in 1st place for me. They are the only RPGs that every time I replay them, they feel like a blank canvas, like they always have a different story to tell if I play them differently. A "sandbox" doesn't need a megahuge world full of uncanny robots to be diverse, and its story does not have to be a piece of shit. These are the lessons that those 2 games tried to teach, but they seem to have been forgotten over the years.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
SurfinTaxt said:
Ddgafd said:
Skyrim

Nah, I'd say both Rogue Galaxy and ME2. Rogue Galaxy is my favorite RPG EVER and ME2 because I like bandwagons.
mass effect isnt an rpg in the most fundamental sense of the term. It has rpg elements, but to call it an rpg is just misinformed
Cool. Too bad I really don't care.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
T8B95 said:
AHHH, CHANGE YOUR AVATAR, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL GODS, DEMONS, AND DAEDRA!

Ahem.
Whoa whoa whoa! Whats with the hate?!!

:*(

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
For me It's either Final Fantasy VI or Modern warfare 2. I love the characters and story of final fantasy VI, and I found the level up system and the amount of choice available in MW2 enough to make the character my own.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
I really think that the term "RPG" has to die already, since it seems to englobe about half the videogames coming out right now. I think it should be divided into something like 7-8 different genres.

Anyway:

-FPS RPG: Deus Ex 1 (Greatest game of all time for me)
-Sandbox: Skyrim
-Turn-Based: Final Fantasy IV
-Action: Mass Effect 2 (If you even consider it an RPG)
-Isometric: Baldur's Gate 2

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
DavidtheGreat said:
I'm going with final fanstasy nine. It was beautiful in every respect.
scorptatious said:
For me, that would probably be Final Fantasy IX.
Double *brofist*. Screw all this talk of VII being the best game ever made. IX is unfairly overlooked, and these guys know what a gem in JRPG history looks like.

Runners up? Well, on the JRPG side, I'd have to say Final Fantasy V, while on the WRPG side, Morrowind or Skyrim really shine.

sonicgreenhill

Jun 11, 2011
Wow that's a tough one, I couldn't pick one because I love them all so much but my top 5 would be:

Skies of Arcadia (If I had to pick one then it'll possibly be this)
Grandia
Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy VII
Chrono Trigger

Teh Ty

Sep 10, 2008
I'm going to sound a bit crazy...
But Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. The first one. I LOVED it, it was what got me into RPGs and the like. I enjoyed FF7, FF4, FF10, the original Final Fantasy, the Fallout Series, and many other RPGs, but for me, Tactics advanced triumphs all.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
X3 Terran Conflict for me, can't remember the last time a game was so absorbing.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
It's difficult to pinpoint a single great RPG, as it is one of my favorite game genres. The follow is a list of games that are great in their own unique ways and are doubtingly fun.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Final Fantasy X
Star Wars: KOTOR (though I think it's more of a single player MMO)
Kingdom Hearts II & Birth by Sleep
Pokemon (Gen 1 & 2)
Disgaea 2 (though technically it counts as a JRPG)

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
Tough choice, can't give a clear #1 so I'll list my standouts:

Mass Effect 2
Skyrim
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
KotOR
Chrono Trigger
Bioshock (if you consider that an RPG)

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
KotOR, or KotOR 2.

Well, either those or Mass Effect (not 2, I preferred 1, but both were great. Dragon Age Origins was damn good, but my shooter instincts made me prefer Mass Effect, and KotOR has a better story (by far...)

I'm not a Bioware fanboy...

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Everyone's said some great ones but I'm going to have to add in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. It was just... awesomeness in a cart. You play as a soldier who is sent to Antarctica to investigate a black hole that popped up and it is infested with demons from many diffrent religions and folklore. Basically a JRPG version of Doom with Pokemon like elements.

Ditzydoo

Nov 15, 2011
I want to say TES: III Morro, but, the early FF's are awesome to :x I CANNE CHOOSE!!!!