Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Manly Guys Doing Manly Things has been on hiatus since 2018, and might as well be dead. This new one called The Beevs is really cool.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Don't really keep up with webcomics anymore aside from Order of the Stick and Oglaf, and occasionally Penny Arcade.

Checked out some of the ones I used to read. Most are abandoned. Some aren't even online anymore, like User Friendly. Apparently Sluggy Freelance is still going tho.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
I really like Mary Cagle's magical girl webcomic Sleepless Domain, which is a rare thing that I can describe as "post-Madoka Magica in a good way".

I keep meaning to get around to Kill 6 Billion Demons because I've heard positive things about it and really like the creator's mecha RPG Lancer.

I started reading Stjepan Sejic's rather excellent BDSM romance comic Sunstone as a webcomic (after it was recommended to me by our very own Gordon_4), although I've now switched to collecting it in paperback. You can currently read the series in full on Pixiv.

As for strip cartoons, I like Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, which is like a funnier XKCD.

Reactions: Absent and BrawlMan

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I keep meaning to get around to Kill 6 Billion Demons because I've heard positive things about it and really like the creator's mecha RPG Lancer.
Interesting stuff. Just checked the beginning, it feels so far like a mix of the Incal and Delilah Dirk. I'll probably devour it pretty fast.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Penny Arcade shows up on my FB feed and that's about it. I check what's new on Perry Bible maybe three times a year.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'm a huge fan of Litterbox Comics. Its about a family where mum and dad are nerds. And I swear the dad is on occasion my spirit animal.

The look on his face in that last panel, it hits me JUST right.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I used to read Cyanide and Happiness, like, 10 years ago.
Edit: decided to take a look back at some of their old comics.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It is really good, but lately its done some plot turns that kinda annoy me and seem... odd.

The main ones I regularly check are, aside from Kill 6 billion Demons,

Gunnerkrieg Court ( which has been updating 3 times a week since like 2005 with barely missing a week. About a girl who goes to a strange school... not sure how to describe it better then that but its really good)

Hunters of Salamastra (about a foxgirl who finds out her sister was a hunter of monsters and joins monster hunting organization to figure out what the hell)

Out of Placers (a comic about a guy who gets transformed into a yinglet, small bird rat creature and the trails and tribulations of it, most comics end with a punchline that tend too be really good)

No Heroes (kinda dnd like, not really sure how to describe the plot, its good, but the art is kinda weird, but does grow on you)

Hero Oh Hero (pixel art comic about a weird guy who is super strong, a goblin girl who is from another world and a mage boy who really doesn't want to be there, as far as I know they have yet to meet.)

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
If you want some that are finished then check out.

Digger a wombat, a dead god and a very particular adventure.

Drop out a drive to the grand canyon to commit suicide

Zebra Girl starts out a bit standard with someone being changed to something else and wacky hijinks but becomes something much more philosophical and deep about 80 or so pages in.

Stand Still Stay Silent best to go into blind, the first chapter is really good, second is kinda unnecessary.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I have been reading Penny Arcade again recently after having it fall by the wayside for a few years.

I stopped reading Order of the Stick a few years ago as well. I think as the scope of the story expanded I went off it, too many long side plots and extra characters etc to keep track of. And not enough Xykon.

That's about it, I would probably read Manly Guys Doing Manly Things if it was still going, same with Critical Miss, although again I felt it went a bit off once they put in an attempt at a story.
Turn Signals on a Land Raider popped back up on the official GW Warhammer community page but it felt like it had been neutered.

Adeptus

Oct 12, 2023
Country
Poland
I am keeping up with Girl Genius and Oglaf. And Goblins, but this one is updated once in a blue moon.