Alt+Escape: Alice Is Dead, Episode 1

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Alt+Escape: Alice Is Dead, Episode 1

This isn't Wonderland as you may remember it.

Read Full Article

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Wow... I'm already stuck. Really does make me want to go back and play Kings Quest VI again.

Now where did I put my computer with Windows 95 and all my Kings Quests still on it...

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I first played this when browsing Newgrounds a few weeks ago, then again on Kongregate just to get the achievement for completing it (since I'm a major achievement whore). Yahtzee's Chzo Mythos and the demo of the first Broken Sword are what jointly, over several years, got me into point and click adventure games in the first place (to the point where I seek them out now on the internet, and am desperately trying to find a cheap affordable copy of each and every BS game for the PC, if that's possible). But yeah, I played Alice Is Dead, though I have to say the main appeal came from the fact that I've developed a slight obsession with the Alice In Wonderland story (perpetuated by a university theatre company, American McGee, and Tim Burton). But it was definitely a good game. Simple, yet easy to play and the interface was pretty easy to understand and get to grips with. Overall it's a fun little timewaster with an interesting cliffhanger that makes you eager for the next installment. On the whole, I definitely enjoyed it and can't wait to play the next episode :)

killgannon

Jan 19, 2009
Just finished it, was a little frustrating at times but not a bad little killer of time. Didn't have to check the walkthrough once, I'm proud of myself I usually have to with these kind of games.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Just managed to finish it. I think that's the first point and click adventure I've ever completed :p
A bit shorter than the others I tried, though...
that game is slightly twisted. well, maybe more than slightly.

General_Qwetch

Oct 26, 2009
I Remember playing this one back on newgrounds a few months ago!
its a bit short and some of the things are really hard to spot, but other than that its a really well done game.
wonder when the 2nd part will be released !

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
So yeah, when does the second chapter come out. That was kind of a let down in terms of length.

But seriously, where did I put Kings Quest VI?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Well, it looks interesting... but way too complicated. Or maybe I'm getting dumber. It's... hard to tell.

I'll wait until the other episodes are live, but I think a five-minute timewaster is wearing the whole 'episode' thing a tad thin.

Trivun said:
(to the point where I seek them out now on the internet, and am desperately trying to find a cheap affordable copy of each and every BS game for the PC, if that's possible).
I'm pretty sure all BS (har har) games are available at GoG [http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/] for like ten bucks each.

Crazy_Bird

Oct 21, 2009
Well I enjoyed it and had fun. I was stuck at one point fairly early (didn't thought it was possibly to use items on each other but then it played out rather well).

Will the other parts be available for free or will they start to charge something?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I'm somewhat baffled by people who find this complicated...there are only so many things you can do, after all. But I, too, didn't read the instructions properly and so didn't notice that you could combine items.

I thought the sense of humor was absolutely brilliant. Can't wait to play the next chapter.

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
This game was awesome. Normally I need a walkthrough for these types of games, but once I realised you could take a bone, it all just kind of fit together.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
I'm somewhat baffled by people who find this complicated...there are only so many things you can do, after all.
Yeah I thought it was pretty easy. Loved the details like the writing and the plot twist...

Very short though... Hope more is coming soon because I loved it.

Chimaera

Niche Game Fangirl
Oct 28, 2005
I liked this one, short and sweet for an afternoon break. Looking forward to more!

Jsnoopy

Nov 20, 2008
man i love this game! i was going to recommend this to this feature, but I never got around to it. The only game that I think was more fun than Alice is Dead was Vox Populi Vox Dei. Seriously, if your reading this, stop and go play that game. Its awesome.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Ha! I actually played this game long before reading this article and I enjoyed it, wish it was longer though. I loved the song playing in the background.