Alt+Escape: Cat Got Lost

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Alt+Escape: Cat Got Lost

The bond between master and pet is a powerful thing.

Read Full Article

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I messed up, and realized what I did wrong. I reset, and the level was different... This is about to be frustrating...

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't too bad. I was hoping for more than 20 levels of course.

This has got to be my favorite feature on The Escapist.

keitarobg

Jan 19, 2009
Yep - amazing atmosphere, but the game was REALLY EASY! Or I'm too damn smart...I liked it and I'm looking forward to more minimalistic games like this one :)

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
I enjoyed the experience. Resetting the level doesn't change the puzzle only the colors and the orientation. If you got stuck almost at the end of a puzzle just try and think of what you did last time, only at an angle.

PS: Does anyone else think this game would make Yahtzee's head explode? It's a game made entirely of colored keys and colored doors o_O

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Hmm, not the Ultimate Mind Blaster game. Was a good time killer.
Like, a 15 minutes time waster.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Oh, the Fish Owning is really hard, though surprisingly fun. I figured it out though, after a few...days? Weeks?

Fun little game.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
It was very good, has to reset near the end a few times but did it all, makes me miss my cat;(

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
I... maybe I'm just too logical, but the fish problem took me about 20 minutes.

Then again, I grew up on Penny Press Logic Puzzle magazines, 2 dollars for like 30 puzzles, and I'd finish those things up fast. If only it had some practical application...

On the other hand, Cat Got Lost highly amused me. Not difficult by any means, though a little thought is better than running in head-first. I think the amount of time it took me to finish it was exactly the amount of time I felt was worth spending on it, and the little asides between levels were cute and engaging. And of course the little sad cat with the droopy eye is always excited to see you!

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
I laughed all 20 times at the sprite's expression when you reach the cat.
Great find, I gotta say. First really refreshing flash I've seen in a while.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Aedes said:
Hmm, not the Ultimate Mind Blaster game. Was a good time killer.
Like, a 15 minutes time waster.
More like an 8 minute time-waster. Actually, I'd consider it 8 minutes of my life well spent. It was a little easy, but worth it for the comments between the levels. Silly kitty keeps running away. :)

EDIT:
CantFaketheFunk said:
...the later levels aren't quite "Who Owns the Fish?" in terms of the logical deduction required...
Yay! I'm the 2% minority!

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Eh, not so great. Time Fcuk was much better.

EDIT: hey I actually figured out that "who owns a fish" thing without cheating. Take that Einstein, I'm one of the supposedly 2% of people who can do that. It took me like an hour but I did it.

EDIT #2: It seems at least 3 out of 13 people here could do it. A bit higher than 2%.

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
Pretty fun game got to lvl 17 when i messed up and didn't feel like playing again :)

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
This was really fun. The only levels I had a lot of difficulty on were 9 and 17. The trick with 17 is realizing that you don't actually need to collect all of the keys that you can.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
I think I was zooming through the early stages when I realised I screwed up.

In my frustration, I smashed my head against the keyboard, and behold, the game restarts! A lesson learned; rage is sometimes the answer.

(Yes, I realise that "X" restarts the level.)

As for that fish, that fish riddle took longer to figure out than the 20 levels of the cat game.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Eh, went through it in one go. Could have been a lot more effort to it.

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
I'm sorry, but your cat is in another castle.

EDIT: That game was surprisingly sweet.