Alt+Escape: Every Day the Same Dream

AC Medina

Oct 12, 2009
It seems like independent and solo developers/programmers have been carrying the torch on thoughtful, experimental, even philosophical games for quite some time now. I hope that flash/browser games keep going in this direction, since we're unlikely to see much of it in major commercial games any time soon.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
odubya23 said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
Mr Thomsos said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
neat...but not as epic as this
"It is said that in the final days of planet earth everyone had bad dreams.
To the west and the north of that world.The human race did gather in celebration of a pagan right to banish the cold and the dark.
Each and everyone of those people had dreamt of terrible things to come.But they forgot, because they must. They forgot, their nightmares, of fire, and war and insanity. They forgot, except for one......"

A cookie to anyone who can name it!
Doctor Who and The End of Time

anyways, it a real neat game! i really liked the visuals and message behind the game!
A cookie is given! :X
For using Google?
Nooo!!!! For replying to zippy =^0^= I is not so lonely now!!!!!
LOL

kashif1

Nov 9, 2009
this makes me think about the sort of life I'll have once i leave high-school. I wonder if that's all there is to a normal life.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
That was... I don't know. Weird is not the word.
Different, I guess.
I suppose this is not a game but an interative art.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Talk about an emotional setup. That was astounding. I got caught watching by a fellow lab tech, and they were talking for like a minute before I even noticed them, I was that involved.

atalanta

Dec 27, 2009
MGlBlaze said:
Cyanin said:
Very nice, and quite a freaky ending..
I found the ending rather unsettling myself. It reminds me a lot of another game that was featured here quite some time ago, actually... it was deliberately low-res graphics, and it was based off some greek mythology, I believe... I forget what it was called, though.
Don't Look Back, based on the Orpheus myth?

I quite liked this one. Some of the things you do were heavy-handed (catching the leaf, in particular), but the game as a whole was lovely. Whoever wrote the music did a bang-up job.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
like this game, but I am stuck on the last step I have to do :(

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Makes me wonder where the wife went off to though. Down with the rest of 'em?

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Hmmmm. I don't get it.
I went to work the first day, the next day I jumped, then I woke up again...

Don't really understand this game.

Patroclus

Sep 28, 2009
well i beat it... i guess =/ I didn't really get the point of it. To be honest, I found myself less haunted and more bored.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
It was nice, but I wish there were more things to do to "shake up my day", more steps to take, so to speak. I liked how the graph of productiveness/profit keeps going down each new step you take.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Great game. Cool premise, the graphics really pull off this monochrome but not quite thing right, and the song is amazing.

Can't really say I got the ending, though. True Art is Incomprehensible?

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
atalanta said:
MGlBlaze said:
Cyanin said:
Very nice, and quite a freaky ending..
I found the ending rather unsettling myself. It reminds me a lot of another game that was featured here quite some time ago, actually... it was deliberately low-res graphics, and it was based off some greek mythology, I believe... I forget what it was called, though.
Don't Look Back, based on the Orpheus myth?

I quite liked this one. Some of the things you do were heavy-handed (catching the leaf, in particular), but the game as a whole was lovely. Whoever wrote the music did a bang-up job.
Yup, that was the game I was thinking of. Thanks for catching the name for me. The ending had the same sort of 'mind screw' feel to it.

I have to admit, though, the leaf one was a little obvious (not to mention you had to wait around for quite a while before the thing dropped); not so much for the others, though none of them were all that cryptic... well, except maybe for that one where you need to defy all old-school gaming logic and go left for once, but still. Although, after the end, I do have to wonder where the old lady in the elivator went... that kind of adds to the chill at the end, actually.

But yeah, I really enjoyed this one too. I like seeing games with an artistic feel to them, either in aesthetic or message; and in the case of games like this, both.