Alt+Escape: Fig. 8

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Alt+Escape: Fig. 8

It's like Leonardo da Vinci made a browser game!

Read Full Article

BlicaGB

Jul 10, 2009
More like French vacation. I kept feeling like I should be lounging at a café in Paris watching the Tour while smoking, drinking an expresso with a shot of Cognac and oogling the French girls. Fun game.

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
Ohhhh, I love the music. I also like how when you go back to a checkpoint, so does the music. <3

136k on my first try. <3 Such a cute game...

Feb 18, 2009
I just want to ride my bicycle where I like, even among architectural notes. A strange idea that, by the way, but very addictive. Music is indeed great. It´s funny how the atmosphere is so relaxed and so...Parisian, when at the same time you´re trying to maneuver through tight spots panic-stricken.

Thanks for this.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Is it just me, or does this game lag like hell? It can tolerate it at first but after 150k it just becomes unbearable.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Bicycle, bicycle... I want to ride my....

...ahem, sorry. I'll stop that now.

A little tip: Your multiplier builds up MUCH faster if you're "scraping" a line (you'll see little purple droplets of paint coming out from under your bike). If you can find one of those long, straight lines and have the fine motor control you need to handle a bike with a keyboard, ride that line!

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Well, that's an interesting concept, and giving you bonuses when your wheels align is a pretty cool mechanic, but I'm so angry at the camera that keeps leaving me offscreen, and having you need to 'circle' the checkpoints rather than just bike into them is just plain evil.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
Bicycle, bicycle... I want to ride my....

...ahem, sorry. I'll stop that now.

A little tip: Your multiplier builds up MUCH faster if you're "scraping" a line (you'll see little purple droplets of paint coming out from under your bike). If you can find one of those long, straight lines and have the fine motor control you need to handle a bike with a keyboard, ride that line!
Soo... I'm not the only one with that in my head?

messy

Dec 3, 2008
About time he made a game. Da Vinci hasn't done anything since that god awful helicopter concept.

Also quite a cool little game

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
To quote Austin Powers: It's no my bag, baby.

Not a bad game, granted, but I don't tend to get into this brand of "How long can you endure being bored" games.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Too difficult for my taste. I just couldn't maneuver those checkpoints and, consequently, I was left off screen.
Still, it was fun for a little while.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
On the one hand, I think this is a clever little game and the music is very relaxing.

On the other hand, this game frustrates me to the point of physical pain. Am I the only one who found it obscenely difficult towards the end?