Alt+Escape: Grayscale

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Alt+Escape: Grayscale

This puzzle game may get your mental gears a-whirring.

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Certainly something passing my time...getting through some of the tougher levels proving to be a challenge...which is good!

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
just found my old gamer mouse, razer really is superior to steel series, I'll try it again later once i get used to extra sensitivity/speed again.

right now its almost impossible controlling anything.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Meh, most of the levels can be solved quickly by trial and error. I got to level 14 and got bored. It's not that challenging.

Nov 5, 2007
LTK_70 said:
Meh, most of the levels can be solved quickly by trial and error. I got to level 14 and got bored. It's not that challenging.
Well, should have gone to 15. That level is freaking impossible. The game beat me :(

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
ShadowKirby said:
LTK_70 said:
Well, should have gone to 15. That level is freaking impossible. The game beat me :(
Yeah, that was the one that kicked my ass. Cool music at least.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
SageRuffin said:
ShadowKirby said:
LTK_70 said:
Not gonna let that game get away with that, am I? I completed 15, the trick is to rotate the top wheel counter-clockwise. Did all the other levels as well. "Game complete. I hope you enjoyed the experience." No, not really. Don't think the music was that great, either. If I want to rotate gears I'll play Cogs.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
LTK_70 said:
SageRuffin said:
ShadowKirby said:
LTK_70 said:
Not gonna let that game get away with that, am I? I completed 15, the trick is to rotate the top wheel counter-clockwise. Did all the other levels as well. "Game complete. I hope you enjoyed the experience." No, not really. Don't think the music was that great, either. If I want to rotate gears I'll play Cogs.
You know, there's something about your last couple of sentences that baffles me: if you hated the game that much, why did you keep going?

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
SageRuffin said:
LTK_70 said:
You know, there's something about your last couple of sentences that baffles me: if you hated the game that much, why did you keep going?
I don't hate the game. I just didn't enjoy it much. And if there's someone that the game 'beat', I just have to get back to it and complete it. I can't allow the game to win, you know?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Damn you Alt+Esc for always finding new ways for me to waste my time!

Not bad, but not that addicting of a game.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
swaki said:
just found my old gamer mouse, razer really is superior to steel series, I'll try it again later once i get used to extra sensitivity/speed again.

You can use the arrow keys too.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
LTK_70 said:
That's the same thing that happened to me. Got past 13, saw 14 and just sighed. Went from "clever" to "bet you can't hold this many variables in your head at one time!" in one level.

Epitome

Jul 17, 2009
Not that hard, took about 15mins to complete it, trial and error more than anything but still a nice lil game

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
swaki said:

I know what you mean. Just got a Diamondback 3G and getting used to it was a ***** :p

OT: Sounds interesting. Playing it now.

CincoDeMayo

Dec 17, 2008
Epitome said:
Not that hard, took about 15mins to complete it, trial and error more than anything but still a nice lil game
Same here, even when I didn't trial and error it and counted instead it was far too easy, and I think I did it in < 15 min.

Even so, it was a nice game and the idea was pretty cool actually. I just wish the levels were a bit harder.

swaki said:

You are aware of that a) mouse sensitivity can be lowered in your OS, and b) the game is easy to control via the arrow keys on your keyboard?

FrndlyMisanthrpe

May 28, 2009
SageRuffin said:
ShadowKirby said:
LTK_70 said:
I guess I'm some kind of puzzle god then.
It took me about 3 minutes to work that out.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
I play this at Otronicon last week. I got to level 7 and got bored with it. It's gets very repetitive, very fast.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Erm... Uhh... what difficulty wall? I expected it to be "f$@#ing impossible!", not "an easy 15-minute stroll".

Music is great though.