Alt+Escape: Little Wheel

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008

WALL-E not steampunk enough for you? Give Little Wheel a try.

Read Full Article

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
I have to agree with Jordan's opinion. Though I did play through and enjoy the Monkey Island series, I've never been a fan of "pixel clicking".

Little Wheel on the other hand oozes style and ease of play. You've got to think, but you won't give up because you'll love the "noir-ish" visuals and jazzy soundtrack that accompany you on your journey.

Congrats to OneClickDog for the achievement.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Jordan Deam said:
...20 minutes...
How the hell did you spend 20 minutes in that?

I mean, it was an awesome interactive story, but it's like, 5 minutes long... It's not like it can be particularly hard either, since they highlight everything you gotta touch lol.

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Caliostro said:
Jordan Deam said:
...20 minutes...
How the hell did you spend 20 minutes in that?

I mean, it was an awesome interactive story, but it's like, 5 minutes long... It's not like it can be particularly hard either, since they highlight everything you gotta touch lol.
For the sake of both my gamer credibility and my continued employment, I'm going to go with "multitasking."

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Pretty fun and easy, but the line up these rotating bars got a bit irksome for me. The music started to feel a bit repetitive as well.

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
hopeneverdies said:
Pretty fun and easy, but the line up these rotating bars got a bit irksome for me. The music started to feel a bit repetitive as well.
yeah the rotating bars were a bit annoying though i did like the silly things happening

Feb 18, 2009
Heh, this was just fantastic. Pleasant, delightful and groovy. Minimalistic gameplay leaves more time to appreciate the art and enjoy the atmosphere. Little Wheel is more like reading a good short story than playing a game. I liked.

Lopunny

Apr 15, 2009
Jordan Deam said:

Read Full Article
You always suggest the best brower games ^^ this is the kind where you sit for a while and then feel like an idiot when you realise how to do the puzzle XD ie..

I took AGES to do the bit where you have to align the 3 spinning circles >.<

Scypemonk

Proud TBB Warrior
Sep 26, 2007
Lopunny said:
Jordan Deam said:

Read Full Article
You always suggest the best brower games ^^ this is the kind where you sit for a while and then feel like an idiot when you realise how to do the puzzle XD ie..

I took AGES to do the bit where you have to align the 3 spinning circles >.<
Actually that part took me less than a minute, but i guess i was lucky.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
hmm, pretty game but what ive always loved about click n point adventures was the challenge, figuring out what to give the little gnome so you could get into his house and get the key to the gate that lead to the woods was what i loved about the games, click n point games where huge in denmark when i was a child, we had 4 series of them and i loved them all.

but this game has no challenge, theres no gnome who want a red flower that only grows in the east of the garden, it took me a couple of minutes to complete it, you may find it good and challenging if you haven't really played that that genre, but since i grew up whit em i found it embarrassingly easy.

Boxinatorizore

Mar 25, 2009
This was a pretty fun game. Bit short compared to other browser games but so was Portal compared to other computer games. The art style is just brilliant too, I love steam-punk! Oh and can't forget that "jazzy" music.

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
I got the three wheels puzzle almost right away, but only because there was as similar trick in Okami.

<3 Suuuuch a cute game. I love Alt+Escape, so, so much.

nik3daz

Jan 1, 2008
Florion said:
I got the three wheels puzzle almost right away, but only because there was as similar trick in Okami.

<3 Suuuuch a cute game. I love Alt+Escape, so, so much.
Yeeeee, Okami! Short but sweet game. Music was too repetitive but aside from that, it was pretty ace. Flesh it out a bit and you've got yourself a solid XBLA game.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Nice.

The first puzzle was by far the most interesting. I wish they'd kept it up all the way though. Nice little game, plus the Jazz reminded me of Monsters Inc.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Fun game, great style, nice gameplay, but sadly extremely short.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
I played it yesterday, and I played it again after reading this article. Have so much fun playing that game, and its just a little browser thing, too.