Alt+Escape: Little Wheel

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
swaki said:
hmm, pretty game but what ive always loved about click n point adventures was the challenge, figuring out what to give the little gnome so you could get into his house and get the key to the gate that lead to the woods was what i loved about the games, click n point games where huge in denmark when i was a child, we had 4 series of them and i loved them all.

but this game has no challenge, theres no gnome who want a red flower that only grows in the east of the garden, it took me a couple of minutes to complete it, you may find it good and challenging if you haven't really played that that genre, but since i grew up whit em i found it embarrassingly easy.
It's a double edged sword. Sure the game is bloody easy but alot of the difficult games just devolve into trying to use every item in your inventory on a broken object to get it to work.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Alleged_Alec said:
It might just be my bad memory, but WALL-E wasn't steampunk, was it?
Wall-E himself could be considered a little Steampunk. Though yes, even then, it wouldn't be accurate to say that he's Steampunk since he wasn't developed at a time when steam was a primary source of energy.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
hypothetical fact said:
swaki said:
hmm, pretty game but what ive always loved about click n point adventures was the challenge, figuring out what to give the little gnome so you could get into his house and get the key to the gate that lead to the woods was what i loved about the games, click n point games where huge in denmark when i was a child, we had 4 series of them and i loved them all.

but this game has no challenge, theres no gnome who want a red flower that only grows in the east of the garden, it took me a couple of minutes to complete it, you may find it good and challenging if you haven't really played that that genre, but since i grew up whit em i found it embarrassingly easy.
It's a double edged sword. Sure the game is bloody easy but alot of the difficult games just devolve into trying to use every item in your inventory on a broken object to get it to work.
well, depends, usually the little gnome would say stuff like "oh im sorry i cant let you in, its such a mess, if only i had something to make it pretty" so you could figure out that he probably didn't want your jar of screws and bolts.

but some point n click games (the bad ones) give you a bunch of strange items that no man can logically figure out what to do whit, i actually remember a game where you had to drop a stone down a elevator shaft to wake up the hobo who slept in it so he would open the doors.

BardSeed

Aug 4, 2008
I played this the other day, funnily enough. The art and music are great, but it's only a few minutes long and way too easy.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I didn't know Wall-E was Steampunk at all. :p

Anyway, nice little game this, loved it more for the styling than the gameplay though. I'm amazed the robots hadn't rusted quite considerably after 10,000 years...

Jul 9, 2008
Alleged_Alec said:
It might just be my bad memory, but WALL-E wasn't steampunk, was it?
MarsProbe said:
I didn't know Wall-E was Steampunk at all. :p
That's the whole point, all he was trying to say was that this is a steampunk version of Wall-E.

Interesting game, loved the soundtrack.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
orannis62 said:
That's the whole point, all he was trying to say was that this is a steampunk version of Wall-E.

Interesting game, loved the soundtrack.
It's more the fact that the opening post said "Wall-E not steampunk enough for you", which would indicate that Wall-E was at least a little bit steampunk, though maybe not enough for all the hardcore steampunk enthusiasts out there...:)

On that subject, I hear Toy Story 3 will have a strong cyberpunk influence. Should be interesting.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
calelogan said:
Little Wheel on the other hand oozes style and ease of play. You've got to think, but you won't give up because you'll love the "noir-ish" visuals and jazzy soundtrack that accompany you on your journey.
It's like as if Raymond Scott and Raymond Loewy had a brainchild and it was called "Little Wheel"!

I found the root source of the game, you can download it here.
http://fastgames.com/flash4/littlewheel.swf

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Caliostro said:
Jordan Deam said:
...20 minutes...
How the hell did you spend 20 minutes in that?

I mean, it was an awesome interactive story, but it's like, 5 minutes long... It's not like it can be particularly hard either, since they highlight everything you gotta touch lol.
I know! I went through it, loving the music and the graphics, but it was not difficult.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Fantastic game. The beginning required a bit o' help from the walkthrough (didn't even know there were buttons to be punched), and the sound effects suffered from a good second or two of lag at times, but overall, beautiful and to the point.

I love it.

freakaknight

May 27, 2009
calelogan said:
I have to agree with Jordan's opinion. Though I did play through and enjoy the Monkey Island series, I've never been a fan of "pixel clicking".

Little Wheel on the other hand oozes style and ease of play. You've got to think, but you won't give up because you'll love the "noir-ish" visuals and jazzy soundtrack that accompany you on your journey.

Congrats to OneClickDog for the achievement.
3+4 are 3d, one is being remade and a new series of episodes (one game in parts) is on it's way out...just a note on the monkey island thing... big fan myself. and yeah, as far as flash point and click go, this Was pretty good. Smooth, pretty easy, nice lil story..relaxing as game's should be xD

BlackPhoenix0928

Mar 3, 2009
Everyone here seems to have thought that the circles were hard!

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

You simply go to the second spinning circle and hold your mouse over it until it and the first circle are always the same, then do the same for the third!

OK NO MORE OK NO MORE OK NO MORE OK NO MORE OK NO MORE OK NO MORE OK NO MORE OK NO MORE

That puzzle only took me one minute!

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
ravensshade said:
hopeneverdies said:
Pretty fun and easy, but the line up these rotating bars got a bit irksome for me. The music started to feel a bit repetitive as well.
yeah the rotating bars were a bit annoying though i did like the silly things happening
Yeah I felt the same way. This game was really nice and didn't outstay it's welcome.

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
H.R.Shovenstuff said:
20 mins is the only part of that I disagree with. Took me 5 hours, pretty short but longer than 20 mins.
You, sir, truly know how to savor a good browser game.

ShotgunShaman

Apr 1, 2009
Thought this was a cute little game. I was amazed by how quickly and smoothly it went from being a creepy, atmospheric post-apocalyptic game to an adorable and silly puzzle game. Loved the music, but it did get a tad repetitive.

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
Game was super awesome but took only like 5 minutes to complete and was well rather easy but still really enjoiable, the music and artwork was supreme.