Alt+Escape: Phage Wars 2

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
In the end I figured out that the only way to win the whole game was to start from Madagascar. Worked the first time I got that country.

But oh, this wasn't the Pandemic 2 thread, was it?

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
Woe Is You said:
In the end I figured out that the only way to win the whole game was to start from Madagascar. Worked the first time I got that country.
Exactly. I started and restarted until I got Madagascar. It was my first and only win.

But oh, this wasn't the Pandemic 2 thread, was it?
Huh? What game is is it then? No, wait...

Superballs

Feb 6, 2009
I spent a few hours playing through Phage Wars 2 about a week and some back, I really enjoyed the game.

Nice Pandemic 2 reference too.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Now if you could only infect Madagascar...
*laughs heartily* Great minds think alike.
Yeah and if it wasn't Madagascar it was always some place unbelievable like the United States. How do you not infect the US?! It has ports, airports, and land borders!

Dooly95 said:
There was a picture somewhere...

"A cough in China? Quick! Close the borders!" - Mayor of Madagascar...

Interesting game, looks fun! Actually, hang on, I think I've played something similar to this.
No, honestly, it was exactly like this. I just don't know what it was called...
I thought it was
Advisor: Sir someone has a cold in Brazil!
President: Shut. Everything. Down!

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
Well, it's a very amusing game, but By around the midpoint of the game I had built myself an indestructible beast of a virus and from there on in it was pretty easy. Still, it's a nice concept with fun gameplay. Nice find.

BloodyOne

Mar 23, 2009
grinklehi said:
Looks fun though, like a smaller scale version of Pandemic, or whatever that game about killing off the entire world through a virus was called.
Pandemic and Pandemic 2 were the ones where you control a virus and kill off the world's population.

I liked the introduction of an upgrade system in the sequel. Not saying that choosing a color to decide your powers was a bad thing, but custom is better. Did anybody else notice the crazy names on some of those upgrade proteins had crazy descriptions? One of the early ones was like "The red headed stepchild of" or somthing.

On the subject of Madagascar, I made my virus highly infectious and spreadable, with minimal detectivity. Thus I infected the globe, then I changed to DEADLY. Good times... Good times...

Drake_ravencross

Jul 9, 2009
Hard in the begining but OMFG so damn easy after like the 3 tree beating in like 12 secs was funny
LOve this game