Alt+Escape: Record Tripping

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Alt+Escape: Record Tripping

Time to bust out your mad DJ skillz on ... classic vinyl recordings of literature readings?

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe...This is certainly addictive!

*goes back to playing*

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Pretty incredible game. It's rare to see a game with this level of artistic polish have decent gameplay design, too.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
That game just grabbed me and I had to play it before I left for work (yesterday). Fortunately it was so short!

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I love Alt Escape. It should be more frequent, since it's so awesome. Would be more awesome if my wireless connection wasn't such a ***** at night (Five minutes to load a ten-minute game. Grrg.)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
It has Dame Judi Dench, and is therefore awesome. Plus...it's also just a really nifty little game.

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
I enjoyed this. Only complaint I have is that it is too short. Nice find.

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
I really enjoyed the aesthetics, and the mechanic, but found the game itself kind of lackluster. I walked away thinking... "I want someone to take those ideas and put out something awesome."

I think part of what bothered me is that there's this narrative going on, and the narrative seems unattached to the gameplay (unless someone can point out the connection I was missing, barring the end game screen).

Still, the not-quite-DJ-hero scratching thing, tied into gameplay which results in an interesting auditory experience (a la Rez), I think it has potential.

Taco of flames

May 30, 2009
I played this yesterday, actually, and I thought, "Damn, it would be really cool if this dude(ette) could just release the skipping feature with a 'use your own music' dealie. It would be like getting DJ Hero for free." It was very entertaining on its own, but I was disappointed to find it didn't have that feature.

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
Well that was quite an enjoyable flash game. It had a really interesting concept and a fantastic musical score. Thanks for showing us this little gem of a game Funk because brightened up a somewhat dreary day.

Also, cats make everything better, and it was fun to see them nodding to the beat.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Very nice... but it took me a while to figure out what was going on. :-/ I also wish it was possible to leap to a minigame. That's because I'm BORING.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Wow, this is very creative and has a lot of polish for a browser game. It's also surprisingly fun for a game that's so simple. Nice find, guys.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Yeah, it looked nice, but that's about the only nice thing I can say about it. The music was boring and repetitive, and I didn't quite see the point of the reading of the story. The gameplay was overly simple, at some times to the point where it was barely even there, like the opening of the safe, ie. turn wheel up, then down, then up.

Nice to look at, but this week's Alt+Escape was a little disappointing for me. Look forward to next week, though!

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Really cool. It looked great and sounded great, and kudos to them for a truly unique concept. The only complaint I have is that there was no arcade mode, so I always had that time limit to contend with. I hope there's a sequel so they can put more content in, because I might be addicted.

EDIT: Nope, I'm not addicted. I just got frustrated at the time limits when everything moves so slowly and the time keeps counting down while you're moving between levels

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
By far one of the most artsy game I've ever seen. A shame they don't offer more time to play each stage; it seemed that each time I was getting more into the game, the lady would say "time's up"...

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Ahahahahahahaha. That's just hilarious. I just wish someone made a program for this, so we could use it with other clips. Political speeches! Angsty monologues! Even the infamous Commander Boreale! The possibilities would be endless!