Alt+Escape: Upgrade Complete

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Alt+Escape: Upgrade Complete

Don't like the crappy graphics in the game? Shoot alien ships and collect the gold they drop to buy a graphics update!

Read Full Article

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Okay we get some more obscure games... I.e not those featured on Kongregate at some point? While a good game it's fairly well known. Go back to things like that poetry one. I mean it's just once a week a while I do like the feature just recently I have played all the games beforehand.

evilgrim

Nov 18, 2009
Ohh dear..

I've beaten this game..
Twice I think..
And I've got all the Kongregate achievements..

How old is this?

Also.
I agree with the above post.
I would prefer some more obscure games..

warbaloon

Aug 11, 2009
what I have learned: rpgs are fun
I don't really seek out free sites so I'm usually happy with what's here

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Honestly, I haven't even started playing and I already think that the idea behind this game is genius.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Did it and did it again. My ship had six missile launchers, three magnets and an agility panel, upgraded to the max. I named it 'the hornet's nest'. I never even had to move. Makes me wonder what I was doing with the aglity panel in the first place...

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Welly well.

Author went a little on the high horse there in the end, but I do get his point. Most RPGs are only fun because of the upgrading and the gameplay comes second. Really enjoyed those brief 15 minutes of upgrade madness.

SomeUnregPunk

Jan 15, 2009
McCa said:
Okay we get some more obscure games... I.e not those featured on Kongregate at some point? While a good game it's fairly well known. Go back to things like that poetry one. I mean it's just once a week a while I do like the feature just recently I have played all the games beforehand.
As in?

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
I finished it in 1629 seconds, my ship had 6 guns, 3 missile launchers, and three lightning cores. Here's a screenshot:

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
evilgrim said:
Ohh dear..

I've beaten this game..
Twice I think..
And I've got all the Kongregate achievements..

How old is this?

Also.
I agree with the above post.
I would prefer some more obscure games..
Yeah, I actually had a go on it when it was fresh to Newsgrounds, so this is fairly old by flash game standards, heh.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
SomeUnregPunk said:
McCa said:
As in?
Like the example I sited. That moving Poetry one. The more Arty game for a more niche audience. It not really hard to find a decent shoot-um game. Just look at boxhead.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Hey, I actually kinda like UC's music!

I beat it with only 1 of everything in about ten minutes. Fun as hell!

Saul B

Feb 9, 2009
You should have to finish the game in the 20 rounds, instead of failing a round unpenalised. Make us aim higher, give it a little replay value

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
McCa said:
SomeUnregPunk said:
McCa said:
As in?
Like the example I sited. That moving Poetry one. The more Arty game for a more niche audience. It not really hard to find a decent shoot-um game. Just look at boxhead.
Are you talking about Today I Die? If you are looking for more artsy games like that then there is a similar game called I Wish I Were the Moon made by Daniel Ben who is the same developer.

Also I agree with you in that, while Upgrade Complete is a good game, it is one of the most featured games on Kongregate except for maybe Sonny. I think it would be better if we were introduced to more obscure flash games,like some of the previous Alt+Escapes featured.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Polarix said:
McCa said:
SomeUnregPunk said:
McCa said:
As in?
Are you talking about Today I Die? If you are looking for more artsy games like that then there is a similar game called I Wish I Were the Moon made by Daniel Ben who is the same developer.

Also I agree with you in that, while Upgrade Complete is a good game, it is one of the most featured games on Kongregate except for maybe Sonny. I think it would be better if we were introduced to more obscure flash games,like some of the previous Alt+Escapes featured.
I have played all the games by Daniel Ben (Thanks for the name) when Today I Die was introduced to me.

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
McCa said:
Polarix said:
McCa said:
SomeUnregPunk said:
McCa said:
As in?

Also I agree with you in that, while Upgrade Complete is a good game, it is one of the most featured games on Kongregate except for maybe Sonny. I think it would be better if we were introduced to more obscure flash games, like some of the previous Alt+Escapes featured.
I have played all the games by Daniel Ben (Thanks for the name) when Today I Die was introduced to me.
No problem man, I was just trying to help and I have also played all of his games and enjoyed them as well.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Famous or not, this is the first I've heard of it. This game looks like a combination of my wildest dream and my worst nightmare. I fear that if I begin paying I won't stop for weeks until I've completely perfected the look I was going for and I get pretty damn picky in games like this.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Eh, it tries to be like Achievement Unlocked, but it fails. First, it comes off too strong on its message, Achievement Unlocked never came out and said 'hai guys don't you think achievements are a bit overrated 'coz I sure do!' Second, achievements are a fucking plague, it was cute when the consoles were doing it, but now every site under the sun has them as well, and there are achievement whores everywhere, that's silly; buying upgrades is just a gaming mechanic some games happen to have. I can think of people who'd play a game they wouldn't, or continue to play one they don't like, just for the sake of achievements; I doubt anyone would do so for upgrades. Third, there's a good, fun (if simple) game in there if you ignore the message, while in AU the achievement whoring was the entire game, so you couldn't miss it.

At any rate, if you want more metagaming fun just play This Is The Only Level [http://armorgames.com/play/4309/this-is-the-only-level], by the same makers of Achievement Unlocked and starring the same blue elephant.