Always Right Reviews - Ghost of Tsushima (The game Japan wishes they made)

SonicMTD

Intergalactic Sex Demon
Oct 21, 2008
Toronto, Ontario.
Country
Canada
Ghost of Tsushima manged to do what Tenchu and Way of the Samurai have been trying for years.

What unexpected game took you by surprise?

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The game matched all of my expectations, but the story got me super invested. Even with all of the side characters. That is some S Rank writing and voice acting right there! The platforming rarely glitched on me, and I landed my jumps 96% of the time. Everyone's experience is different though. My only major gripe with the combat was the lack of a lock-on. You get used to it, by the game is begging for one. The sequel should be required to have with no excuses.

Reactions: SonicMTD

SonicMTD

Intergalactic Sex Demon
Oct 21, 2008
Toronto, Ontario.
Country
Canada
The game matched all of my expectations, but the story got me super invested. Even with all of the side characters. That is some S Rank writing and voice acting right there! The platforming rarely glitched on me, and I landed my jumps 96% of the time. Everyone's experience is different though. My only major gripe with the combat was the lack of a lock-on. You get used to it, by the game is begging for one. The sequel should be required to have with no excuses.
The lack of lock on made using gadgets mid combat more clunky than it needed to be. It has room to improve and we'll see if Sucker Punch will make a sequel.

Reactions: BrawlMan

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
His Grandma died just when an old lady in the game dies too? Kinda real for a video game review.

The boy got me this for Christmas. I'm very early into it. Got a horse, so there's that.