Always Right Reviews - Hades (From indie darling to gaming masterpiece)

SonicMTD

Intergalactic Sex Demon
Oct 21, 2008
Toronto, Ontario.
Country
Canada
It has been over half a year since I made one of these. Time to prove myself again.

Hades became a bit of a cultural phenomenon. Come journey with me as I explore what went into it and why it succeeded.

Have you played Hades? What do you think of the upcoming sequel? What games are you currently playing?

WHAT OTHER SECRETS ARE YOU HIDING FROM ME?!!

Reactions: Chimpzy and gorfias

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Played Hades on Switch, and liked it a lot ... until I became able to reliably clear runs, after which I just sort of lost interest because the small number of different bosses and encounter types made every run start feeling the same.

SonicMTD

Intergalactic Sex Demon
Oct 21, 2008
Toronto, Ontario.
Country
Canada
Played Hades on Switch, and liked it a lot ... until I became able to reliably clear runs, after which I just sort of lost interest because the small number of different bosses and encounter types made every run start feeling the same.

(nods)

Yeah I definitely can see that argument. I think that's where the pacts of punishment and Erebus challenges were supposed to add difficulty so that players didn't get too bored with the repeated escape attempts. Thank you for the support!

mirbrownbread

Elite Member
Nov 16, 2022
Belgium
Country
Belgium
Great review! I resisted the urge to get it during the latest PSN sale, but I can feel it inching closer and closer haha

SonicMTD

Intergalactic Sex Demon
Oct 21, 2008
Toronto, Ontario.
Country
Canada
Great review! I resisted the urge to get it during the latest PSN sale, but I can feel it inching closer and closer haha

It's quite a fun experience. When it goes on sale again,. give it a whirl!

Also to those still around, the blooper reel has been released!