Am I Going to Die?

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
When I got diagnosed with cancer I was pretty sure I was gonna die within the next few months. Still alive, though. That was two years ago this June.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
sneak_copter said:
I got stung by a Jellyfish in Egypt.

Doe'snt sound spectacular, but it was on my genitals.
That was THE MOST PAINFUL THING IN THE WORLD.
Dude..

Dude.

FUCK THAT.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Evilbunny said:
When I got diagnosed with cancer I was pretty sure I was gonna die within the next few months. Still alive, though. That was two years ago this June.
Wow, thats terrible, I feel so sorry for you man, hope you make a full recovery friend.

-Joe

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
My family can't die.

My dad had a house collapse on him. Still alive.

My mum had no feeling from the waist down pretty much, and she very well come have had her heart stop at anytime. Still alive.

My brother fell 3 stories, through a skylight on his feet he hit the floor. A jersey emergency room doctor was walking out of the elevator when he fell. Still alive.

My sister was shot the in the eye. Still alive.

So far I am still alive...

Paper-Moon

Feb 5, 2009
Ever swam near someone who can't swim well? imagine my surprise when I was swimming in the adult section of a public pool and was suddenly grabbed from behind and shoved underwater until my feet hit the bottom because some kid who had atleast 80+ pounds on me decided to STAND ON MY SHOULDERS to stay above water. He pushed off of me only seconds before I would've drowned (I was already starting to black-out). Needless to say, I invented many colourful new insults to swear at him hysterically.

Also, anyone whose ever had pneumonia knows what its like to nearly suffocate every 10 minutes.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
sneak_copter said:

Holy shit, you win.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
CrafterMan said:
Evilbunny said:
Wow, thats terrible, I feel so sorry for you man, hope you make a full recovery friend.

-Joe
Aw thanks, dude. I appreciate your support.

Shrifes

Jul 4, 2008
Well 2 years and 11 months ago I had an operation where they removed the cartilage from my chest and reset my sternum because I was Pigeon Chested ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectus_carinatum ). Before the operation I started to get really paranoid of death because of a mistake on the doctors behalf or some other reason. My operation was delayed half an hour this turned out to be the longest half hour of my life. After the Operation I felt alright (minus some severe vomiting when I first woke up) except that the tool(?) they used to remove the build up of plasma under my stitches was not working. For next week I was quite afraid of the stitches bursting and me bleeding out. In retrospect I would have been alright it was mainly the morphine messing with my mind.

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
we're all going to die, eventually... the Surgeon General has concluded that life is 100% fatal...

The_Chief

Jun 3, 2008
i got hit by a avalanche, both my legs were broken, my arm was fractured and the other i could'nt see

i moaned and groaned until i was about to accept death a snowboarder fell next to me and caried me to the hospital

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
i was sledding down rather steep hill with trees at the bottom. Needless to say, I hit one and came less than 10 centimetres from cracking my head open going at least 15 kilometres per hour.

kelnadine

May 18, 2008
I was sent by my doctor to a hospital, because I'd noticed my heart rate was quite fast all the time. No matter how relaxed I was, my heart was always racing, and I'm just 19 so I should've had a more normal heart. Had tests done at the hospital and they found something very, very serious. Basically, they wanted to check me in right then and put me under, and shock me until my heart was normal. I was terrified, told I would die if this wasn't done. Well, for whatever reason, this was put off for some time while I had more tests done.

Finally, I went to another hospital, and you know what happened? It turned out that the other hospital had done the tests wrong -every single time-. My heart was fine, just faster than average. I'm still angry that I went months thinking I was going to die.

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
The only thing that's ever happened to me that was remotely life threatening was the time I coughed up blood. lots of blood. I believe I lost somewhere a bit under two liters of blood. I had an extra artery that went directly from my aorta to the bottom of my lung. Apparently I was pretty much a unique case, because no one could figure out why it was happening for almost a week until they finally found the stupid little artery that shouldn't have existed. Not a fun experience.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
I had a panic attack once where I really was convinced I was going to have a heart attack and die. It was the strangest thing. To this day I have no idea what brought it on. I wasn't doing anything spectacular.

scoHish

Mar 27, 2008
sneak_copter said:

Damn I'd imagine you can take just about anything after that.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
kelnadine said:
I was sent by my doctor to a hospital, because I'd noticed my heart rate was quite fast all the time. No matter how relaxed I was, my heart was always racing, and I'm just 19 so I should've had a more normal heart. Had tests done at the hospital and they found something very, very serious. Basically, they wanted to check me in right then and put me under, and shock me until my heart was normal. I was terrified, told I would die if this wasn't done. Well, for whatever reason, this was put off for some time while I had more tests done.

Finally, I went to another hospital, and you know what happened? It turned out that the other hospital had done the tests wrong -every single time-. My heart was fine, just faster than average. I'm still angry that I went months thinking I was going to die.

Do you drink soda?

Caffeine does that.

scoHish

Mar 27, 2008
Evilbunny said:
You got me and all the rest of the Escapist pullin' for you bro.

Shrifes

Jul 4, 2008
scoHish said:
Evilbunny said:
You got me and all the rest of the Escapist pullin' for you bro.
Definitely going to second that statement.

kelnadine

May 18, 2008
Bulletinmybrain said:
kelnadine said:

Do you drink soda?

Caffeine does that.
Caffeine doesn't effect me, actually. It's weird. I can have tons of soda and then go to sleep immediately afterward. However, just to be sure, I did try not having soda for a few months. Didn't change my heart rate.