Am I the only one who really doesn't care about soccer?

xvbones

Oct 29, 2009
BobDobolina said:
xvbones said:
Luke Cartner said:
(although I understand Soccer is beginning to be popular even there)
it's not. soccer only gets mentioned out here in the few months before stink up the pitch at the world cup. After we fail utterly to advance, we go right back to paying attention to the sports we made up and are thus the best at.
Actually, America has a credible side at this tournament. There's a good chance they'll advance.
I don't share your optimism. If Rob Green had not choked like a ************, we'd already be out of the Cup.

MrSalamandra

Dec 28, 2009
TheLastCylon said:
I'll admit it's not a very good spectator sport, but it's extremely fun and easy to play with other people who enjoy it.
While I don't like it, it is by far the most popular spectator sport in the world, so clearly it being "not a very good spectator sport" isn't true for the general populace.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
YES. You are the ONLY person who doesn't really care about soccer, just as you suspected.

I'm so goddamn sick of these idiotic thread titles asking questions with painfully obvious answers. There is NO way you are so oblivious that you actually think the answer to this thread could be "yes". Title threads something descriptive or something witty, but for the love of god stop titling them with stupid questions like this.

OT: I have trouble caring about it most of the time, though the World Cup can be entertaining.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Unless you dont count USA, then maybe. If you DO count USA, then you are far from.

Apr 29, 2010
Aura Guardian said:
Soccer/Futbol isn't it?
And I'm so-so on it. Being hispanic, I'm usually asked if I like it. Gonna love stereotypes.
Ha, I know. When I tell them I don't like soccer, they act like I'm a disgrace to an entire race. Makes me laugh, really.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
superbatranger said:
Aura Guardian said:
Soccer/Futbol isn't it?
And I'm so-so on it. Being hispanic, I'm usually asked if I like it. Gotta love stereotypes.
Ha, I know. When I tell them I don't like soccer, they act like I'm a disgrace to an entire race. Makes me laugh, really.
I know. It's hilarious.

xvbones

Oct 29, 2009
benoitowns said:
xvbones said:
benoitowns said:
US tied a game with ENgland.
Only because England's goalie's brain fell right out of his head.
:) Now I can pretend like I watched it. Thank you very much.
No worries.

I dig soccer. For me, the allure is watching people perform small-scale kung-fu on a ball.

I can easily see why anyone wouldn't dig soccer, it's the same reason I cannot bring myself to give the slightest shit about baseball, anything that happens in baseball, or anyone baseball-related. (except for The Sandlot. that shit was awesome.)

Shit's boring if you have no reason to care.

My reason to care is watching people perform kung-fu on balls.

What irks me is not when people mock soccer, because I mock soccer. What irks me is when people attempt to mock me for enjoying it. Like really smarmy in-your-face kinda shit.

To this I reply that the American team has never so much as entered the finals at any World Cup in FIFA's entire history. It is no wonder America hates soccer so, we are fucking terrible at it.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
xvbones said:
benoitowns said:
i wish it had. then the game might have been interesting and not simply a soul numbing lump of bordom.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I really don't care for soccer either. Although I really don't care for sports in general. Unless Chess is a sport (before you say it I already know about Chess Boxing).

Aura Guardian said:
Soccer/Futbol isn't it?
And I'm so-so on it. Being hispanic, I'm usually asked if I like it. Gonna love stereotypes.
To be fair Futbol/Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Basically, if you live outside the U.S. and Canada you are going to run into this stereotype. So, it isn't just Hispanics that have to deal with it.

xvbones

Oct 29, 2009
vallorn said:
xvbones said:
benoitowns said:
i wish it had. then the game might have been interesting and not simply a soul numbing lump of bordom.
Pfft, there were Americans on the pitch, you were actually expecting a real game?

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
crudus said:
I really don't care for soccer either. Although I really don't care for sports in general. Unless Chess is a sport (before you say it I already know about Chess Boxing).

Aura Guardian said:
Soccer/Futbol isn't it?
To be fair Futbol/Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Basically, if you live outside the U.S. and Canada you are going to run into this stereotype. So, it isn't just Hispanics that have to deal with it.
I'm well aware of that. But still, I'm always asked that question.

Apr 29, 2010
Aura Guardian said:
superbatranger said:
Aura Guardian said:
Soccer/Futbol isn't it?
And I'm so-so on it. Being hispanic, I'm usually asked if I like it. Gotta love stereotypes.
I know. It's hilarious.
What's even funnier is when people find out I'm Hispanic, and immediately ask if I'm from Mexico.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
superbatranger said:
Aura Guardian said:
superbatranger said:
Aura Guardian said:
Soccer/Futbol isn't it?
I know. It's hilarious.
What's even funnier is when people find out I'm Hispanic, and immediately ask if I'm from Mexico.
People think I'm Indian due to my skin. So when I heard people cursing me out in Spanish, I tell them that I understand you moron. I'm Hispanic not Indian. Their faces after that...priceless.