Am I the only one who really doesn't care about soccer?

Cari Scholtens

Jun 3, 2009
I swear, I have really tried to like soccer...sorry football. I have watched and watched and tried to learn to like it, but with only like two goals a game and ties left and right, I just can't get interested. Maybe this says something about the instant gratification society in which many of us were raised. What do you all think? Am I the only one who can't get into soccer...erm...football?

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Soccer/Futbol isn't it?
And I'm so-so on it. Being hispanic, I'm usually asked if I like it. Gotta love stereotypes.

Huddo

May 29, 2010
I'm in the same boat. I try to get into the game, but people kicking a ball around a field doesn't amuse me much. It's also a very slow game, and as you said, there's too less goals in a game and too many ties.

Another reason I won't be watching the World Cup.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
"You're never the only one"

I hate sports in general, but that's because them bastards just never gave me the ball no matter how hard I tried...

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Yeah I fail to see what all the hype about it is. Guess its just one of those things aye.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
Use to play it but I really don't care about sports much. Hell I do marshal arts and I don't watch things like that. I even hate UFC.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Nope, because I find it boring as heck. I have some cousins that eat, sleep, and breathe soccer and it's the only thing they are able to talk about. It's kind of annoying. -_-

Luke Cartner

May 6, 2010
Well given that America tends to play its own games by itself(although I understand Soccer is beginning to be popular even there) if you live in the US maybe not.
If you live almost anywhere else in the world probably..

madcap2112

Jun 4, 2009
It's one of the least popular of the major sports in America, so no, you're obviously not the only one. Nothing wrong with liking it or not liking it.

xvbones

Oct 29, 2009
Luke Cartner said:
(although I understand Soccer is beginning to be popular even there)
it's not. soccer only gets mentioned out here in the few months before stink up the pitch at the world cup. After we fail utterly to advance, we go right back to paying attention to the sports we made up and are thus the best at.

benoitowns

Oct 18, 2009
No, yesterday I found out that there were actually people in America who gave a damn about this sport. I was very surprised. I dont really care about any sport, but I usually prepare to pretend to know what these teams are doing and stuff and who people will think will win or something so when(not if) someone asks me a question about it I can give an answer. But Friday I saw sooooo many people caring about a sport I have never had to pretend to care about. I was really surprised, but I didnt really care. The extent of my knowledge is that there was a game between Mexico and South Africa, and US tied a game with ENgland.

TheLastCylon

Apr 14, 2009
I'll admit it's not a very good spectator sport, but it's extremely fun and easy to play with other people who enjoy it.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
7 said:
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,
GOAL!!!!
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Wrong pal.
It's
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
*gasp for breath*
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
*gasp for breath*
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
*gasp for breath*
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
*gasp for breath*
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
Then the announcer says who it was and how wonderful it was.