Amateur Film Makers Tease Impressive New Half-Life Project

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Amateur Film Makers Tease Impressive New Half-Life Project

A teaser trailer for fan film Beyond Black Mesa sees the return of Opposing Force's Adrian Shepherd, as he strikes out against the combine.

Gordon Freeman wasn't the only person the G-Man pulled out of hibernation to fight Wallace Breen and his alien masters, at least not according to a team of amateur film makers from Birmingham, Alabama.

In Beyond Black Mesa, Adrian Shepherd - who was last seen in the Half-Life expansion Opposing Force - has been let loose by the G-Man and has joined the human resistance. The teaser trailer sees Shepherd fleeing for his life as Combine forces hunt him down. Unfortunately, Shepherd isn't the luckiest of souls, as he runs right into the head crab infected city of Ravenholme.

The trailer is pretty short, but the team behind Beyond Black Mesa was also responsible for the rather impressive Concrete Hustle [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZM4Hkw5CPk] lightsaber duel video, so it should have some impressive action scenes. You can read the background of the movie, as well as get a look at some behind the scenes pictures, by visiting the Beyond Black Mesa website [http://beyondblackmesa.com/].

Source: Koku Gamer [http://kokugamer.com/2010/07/10/stunning-half-life-2-beyond-black-mesa-trailer/]

Bobzer77

May 14, 2008
Is this a mod or is it canon?

-edit

ooooh it's a movie lol. Question still applies, also the voice over was terrible....

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
The Austin said:
Huh. That looked pretty cool. Now I'm in the mood for Half Life.
It's the sound effects that did it to me! Blasting some combine might be an excellent way to pass the afternoon...

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
EightGaugeHippo said:
Looks good. Any news on when the project is due to be finished?
I went hunting on the site for this info and came up empty. Anyone know? I wish to follow this

I love me some Adrian Shepard. I've wanted him to return to HL for a long while.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Wakefield said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
Looks good. Any news on when the project is due to be finished?
I went hunting on the site for this info and came up empty. Anyone know? I wish to follow this

I love me some Adrian Shepard. I've wanted him to return to HL for a long while.
Yeah me too, hopfully they will release info at a later date, Im definately gonna keep an eye open for it.

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
When will Hollywood learn to understand video games ? this guy is 100% a Half life player and understands the games well so no wonder this looks cool (for an independent movie).

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I look forward to seeing this.I like Opposing Forces a lot.Almost more than the original Half Life.Good to see that not everyone has forgotten about it.

DogofRaw

Apr 24, 2009
Someone has mentioned Escape from City 17, so I don't have to. Regardless, this looks fairly good, but then anything to do with half-life is. Just the sound effects make me feel happy in an apocalyptic way.