Amazing Spider-Man Trailer Has Lots of Peter Parker, Almost No Spidey

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Spiderman 3 came out nearly half a decade ago. Frankly, the quicker this gets out and makes me forget, the better.

Although, to be fair, I just imagine the first 2 spiderman films and make up the third in my head.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
This is a teaser trailer, am i hell going to judge this yet.

Saying that the CGI bit was a bit awful, however this isn't being released till 2012, so lets hope it ISN'T in the film, and was just used for the trailer.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Winnosh said:
Especially the friggin Superman Movie. Its Superman everyone knows his friggin Origin just start the movie with him already established.
They didn't do it with Batman, or Hulk, why would they do it with Spidey?

TheHighDino

May 1, 2011
I'm a massive Spidey fan, I have been since I was about five, and this movie looks like it going to me make me put a gun between my teeth.. >_<

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
This is why I cannot possibly take the new Spiderman seriously:

I cannot look at the design of the new costume and not see a man-thong.

Not to mention that the series didn't need a full reboot anyway. The first Spider-man movie from Sony was a perfect comic book origin movie. It's not the characters or the cast that drove the movies into the ground, and I have no faith that the new one will be any better without them.

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
But... We already have a Spiderman movie with an origin, and it was really good/ not that old. Where the hell is Toby Maguire?

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Everyone said the X-Men trailer looked like shit too, and that movie was absolutely awesome. I'm going to go with everyone being completely wrong once again and say that this movie will also be awesome.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Jesus, everyone here seems pretty damn quick to say nay based on a bloody teaser trailer.

ZeppMan217

Apr 13, 2010
The Bandit said:
Everyone said the X-Men trailer looked like shit too, and that movie was absolutely awesome. I'm going to go with everyone being completely wrong once again and say that this movie will also be awesome.
The First Class? It was ok, nothing fancy but nothing ugly either. But this trailer...All I remember after watching it are Martin Sheen and some terrible CGI.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
Yey, for the web shooters!
Yey, that they are sticking closer to the comics
But Emma Stone as Gwen = meh?
And I've always wondered in the other Spidey movies why they never had some of the "sillier" villians present. (Spiderman IS funny) I mean Willem Dafoe was pretty ridiculous in some of his lines but Doc Octopus and Sandman were both played off as really gritty and dark but somehow good people. (Vemon was NEVER in any Spiderman movie I've ever heard of!) I'm waiting for villians like Vulture, Shocker, Rhino and Black Cat to finally appear/star in a Spiderman movie.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Looks...fairly interesting. I think it's a bit early for us to place judgment on it. Right now, I'm sort of liking Garfield as Parker. He just looks more like the comic's appearance than Maguire ever did. Not thrilled about the moping, but whatever. First one was pretty mopey, too. That's what Peter Parker was before he was Spider-Man. A big, nerdy mope.

All I want is for J.K. Simmons to be J. Jonah Jameson again. There is no one else who can play that part. NO ONE.

Mister Linton

Mar 11, 2011
Unlike many in this thread, I like origin stories. The CGI does look poor, but hopefully it isn't final (actually, the fps stuff shouldn't even be in the film). I liked the Raimi films, but there are 3 of them now and it will be interesting to see an alternate take (even if it is too soon). I also really like the new cast a lot. Martin Sheen, Dennis Leary, Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone -- win, win, win, win.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Could they have ripped off Mirror's Edge more blatantly at the end?

I don't know about this, that trailer didn't really impress me, but I do like who they casted for Peter Parker/Spiderman. Hopefully I'm wrong when the movie comes out.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
they will never be able to replace J.K. Simmons as Jameson, he was awesome. After seeing this trailer, I have absolutely no interest in seeing it.

Juan Machado

Apr 18, 2011
One thing I really like is that they seem to be putting more emphasis on Peter's intelligence and scientific curiosity. In the scene were he gets bitten by the spider, he gets bitten because he sneaks into a science lab (where Gwen Stacey works) and his curiosity leads him to explore further. Also the web singers are back which further emphasizes his intelligence. Not anyone would be able to create the mechanical apparatus necessary, making Peter Parker more unique. In the original films we are told that he is intelligent but it does not play much of a role in the plot.

Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey is great casting but I agree with most everybody else here that the first-person sequence was pretty bad. Over all I'm cautiously optimistic about the film.