Amazon hired Pinkertons to spy on workers for hints at unionization.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I don't need to reinvent the wheel, this man makes the argument for me.
Baldwin presents an argument I agree with that responds to nothing I've written, so what is the relevance?

edit: I'm guessing it's this:

unless you have a severe misapprehension of the implications of something being a social construct.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Baldwin presents an argument I agree with that responds to nothing I've written, so what is the relevance?
Race is an invention, then, and the black man should feel closeness to the white man who is in his position in life, that of a worker. Yet here we see the way Baldwin approaches this way of dividing men, and of the brazenness in which the white intellectual dismisses the notions of race.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
edit: I'm guessing it's this:
Oh, hey, I was right. Very surprising.

Race is an invention, then, and the black man should feel closeness to the white man who is in his position in life, that of a worker. Yet here we see the way Baldwin approaches this way of dividing men, and of the brazenness in which the white intellectual dismisses the notions of race.
Yeah, see, it was that part: a severe misapprehension of the implications of something being a social construct. That doesn't mean it has no consequences in reality; quite the opposite.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Oh, hey, I was right. Very surprising.

Yeah, see, it was that part: a severe misapprehension of the implications of something being a social construct. That doesn't mean it has no consequences in reality; quite the opposite.
Addressing the original post - globalist leftists tout race and racial injustices, while I demonstrated one example in which racial diversity is adverse to worker's unions and worker's rights. In this way, I was saying that globalist leftists attack and dismantle worker's rights.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Addressing the original post - globalist leftists tout race and racial injustices, while I demonstrated one example in which racial diversity is adverse to worker's unions and worker's rights. In this way, I was saying that globalist leftists attack and dismantle worker's rights.
All that was demonstrated is that the invention of race is still performing its intended function centuries later; you're just making up straw people to be angry at.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
All that was demonstrated is that the invention of race is still performing its intended function centuries later; you're just making up straw people to be angry at.
...what straw people, you?

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
No. Do you have a point?
Yes, back in my first post.
The eternal leftist: Do we support unions and worker's rights, or do we support diversity?
"
Whole Foods employs roughly 95,000 people nationwide. Data collected in the heat map suggest that stores with low racial and ethnic diversity, especially those located in poor communities, are more likely to unionize. That’s a lot to unpack about your favorite place to buy expensive organic pasta sauce. When a Whole Foods suddenly pops up in a low-income neighborhood, it’s always a nail in the coffin that gentrification is in progress—and rents are about to go through the roof.
"
Leftists abandoned the working classes in favor of things such as diversity.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
It's not relevant to your point.
It is very much so. The way in which labor strongholds have abandoned the Labor party in the UK, are also evidence to this, and a response of the "working class" you like to idolize towards the people that pretend to represent them.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
It is very much so. The way in which labor strongholds have abandoned the Labor party in the UK, are also evidence to this, and a response of the "working class" you like to idolize towards the people that pretend to represent them.
Yeah, that's not terribly relevant to your thesis either.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Yeah, that's not terribly relevant to your thesis either.
Which is, global leftists push diversity, immigration, multiculturalism, in order to disrupt and destroy social cohesion to sabotage any attempts at trade unions and worker's rights.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Which is, global leftists push diversity, immigration, multiculturalism, in order to disrupt and destroy social cohesion to sabotage any attempts at trade unions and worker's rights.
You're not describing a thing that exists in any significant way, and certainly not anything of the left.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
The point you're making is...not the point you intend to make.

Capitol drove a rift between labor and civil rights during the Gilded Age, particularly by employing convict leasing and black scab labor strategically against then-segregated unions. See, for example, the Pullman strike of 1894. Those tensions culminated and were a major contributing factor to the Red Summer of 1919. You're right to say that continues today thanks to capitol's continual aggravation of tension between labor and civil rights, particularly by branding labor rights activists as racist to poison the well, and I would go so far as to even say many if not most social justice activists today are little more than useful idiots to the very capitol they claim to oppose.

But that's not "leftists" doing it. That's a third party -- the ultra wealthy and their apparatus -- employing a divide and conquer strategy against the left. Leftists, by and large, just have yet to see the big lie.

And yes, race is a social construct. Get over it.

Reactions: MrCalavera