Amazon hired Pinkertons to spy on workers for hints at unionization.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
You're not describing a thing that exists in any significant way, and certainly not anything of the left.
...How many refugees are there right now, in the EU?
UK had agreed to accept 3 million potential new residents from HK as refugees from the CCP.
Canada had created a long-term program to reach 100 million citizens in 2100 by increased immigration. There are 300 thousand new people in Canada each year, that are going to be Canadian.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
The point you're making is...not the point you intend to make.

Capitol drove a rift between labor and civil rights during the Gilded Age, particularly by employing convict leasing and black scab labor strategically against then-segregated unions. See, for example, the Pullman strike of 1894. Those tensions culminated and were a major contributing factor to the Red Summer of 1919. You're right to say that continues today thanks to capitol's continual aggravation of tension between labor and civil rights, particularly by branding labor rights activists as racist to poison the well, and I would go so far as to even say many if not most social justice activists today are little more than useful idiots to the very capitol they claim to oppose.

But that's not "leftists" doing it. That's a third party -- the ultra wealthy and their apparatus -- employing a divide and conquer strategy against the left. Leftists, by and large, just have yet to see the big lie.

And yes, race is a social construct. Get over it.
Leftists are mostly useful idiots. Ever since occupy wallstreet in 2012 big money had been pushing this horrendous policy worldwide.
You are clearly not at fault here. This is, however, something that is happening and supported wholeheartedly by the majority of people.

I don't understand your references here to Capitol, Pullman strike, Red summer... It's my own lack of knowledge in what I assume in American history in that period

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Leftists abandoned the working classes in favor of things such as diversity.
Not really. Leftists have supported both.

The issue is business.

Corporations joined the left in embracing diversity, whilst staying with the right in opposing unions. Thus their weight has allowed diversity to flourish whilst suppressing unions. The right will not really oppose corporations over diversity (for all the occasional rhetoric), whilst the left will always run into the full force of corporate and right-wing resistance if trying to support unions.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Not really. Leftists have supported both.

The issue is business.

Corporations joined the left in embracing diversity, whilst staying with the right in opposing unions. Thus their weight has allowed diversity to flourish whilst suppressing unions. The right will not really oppose corporations over diversity (for all the occasional rhetoric), whilst the left will always run into the full force of corporate and right-wing resistance if trying to support unions.
I always said it before, and I will keep saying it, that Labour had abandoned the people it pretends to represent. You will disagree because, frankly, you know more about this than I do since you actually live there.

Last edited:

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I always said it before, and I will keep saying it, that Labour had abandoned the people it pretends to represent. You will disagree because, frankly, you know more about this than I do since you actually live there.
I will not disagree entirely. To say Labour abandoned them is an exaggeration, but it did reduce its commitment to them.

The working classes declined from 70-80% of the population to ~50%, which would force Labour to diversify its support base. Also, it's worth bearing in mind, it was to some extent mutual, in that a fair chunk of the working class abandoned Labour.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I will not disagree entirely. To say Labour abandoned them is an exaggeration, but it did reduce its commitment to them.

The working classes declined from 70-80% of the population to ~50%, which would force Labour to diversify its support base. Also, it's worth bearing in mind, it was to some extent mutual, in that a fair chunk of the working class abandoned Labour.
hey Agema, what's up with that massive corruption scandal waiting to happen that is the tunnels going under Stonehenge ?

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
hey Agema, what's up with that massive corruption scandal waiting to happen that is the tunnels going under Stonehenge ?
I'll answer that this way with an interactive scenario:

Let's imagine you are a British Conservative Party government minister, and you urgently need 500,000 medical-grade facemasks for the National Health Service with a supply squeeze during a global pandemic. You have the choice of giving the procurement contract to:
1) a dedicated medical supplies company with years of experience and a proven track record at acquiring and supplying PPE for the NHS.
2) a dilettante posho who donated £50k to the Tories who, with a couple of mates, formed a company two days ago and started claiming they could get PPE.

If your answer is (2), then congratulations: you have passed the test and are fit to be a Conservative government minister.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I'll answer that this way with an interactive scenario:

Let's imagine you are a British Conservative Party government minister, and you urgently need 500,000 medical-grade facemasks for the National Health Service with a supply squeeze during a global pandemic. You have the choice of giving the procurement contract to:
1) a dedicated medical supplies company with years of experience and a proven track record at acquiring and supplying PPE for the NHS.
2) a dilettante posho who donated £50k to the Tories who, with a couple of mates, formed a company two days ago and started claiming they could get PPE.

If your answer is (2), then congratulations: you have passed the test and are fit to be a Conservative government minister.
did... did option (2) actually happen?

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Go ahead and tell @ObsidianJones race is an invention. Do you also think white-supremacy is an invention? Go tell that to @Revnak
Oh hey this is where you mentioned me! Yeah, race is a social construct, and while I’d argue that it serves more purposes than just dividing the working class (that purpose is more emergent from the function of the frontier and race’s role in that) it’s certainly there.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Oh hey this is where you mentioned me! Yeah, race is a social construct, and while I’d argue that it serves more purposes than just dividing the working class (that purpose is more emergent from the function of the frontier and race’s role in that) it’s certainly there.
I sincerely don't understand it. Race is a scientific term used in Biology. Application of race into the group of humans is questionable in terms of morality, and arguably scientifically untrue, but I do not understand why it is considered to be a social construct. This is my confusion - we can sub-divide animals into races yet the concept of human races is a social construct?
Some isolated human sub-groups have had no interaction with other human groups in terms of tens of thousands of years, specifically native peoples in the Pacific (Aboriginal, Polynesian). There's also further study that indicates the "shared ancestor" theory of human evolution is incorrect, and that there could have been several origin points for humans in the world.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I sincerely don't understand it. Race is a scientific term used in Biology. Application of race into the group of humans is questionable in terms of morality, and arguably scientifically untrue, but I do not understand why it is considered to be a social construct. This is my confusion - we can sub-divide animals into races yet the concept of human races is a social construct?
Some isolated human sub-groups have had no interaction with other human groups in terms of tens of thousands of years, specifically native peoples in the Pacific (Aboriginal, Polynesian). There's also further study that indicates the "shared ancestor" theory of human evolution is incorrect, and that there could have been several origin points for humans in the world.
Man that’s not what anyone means when they talk about race and you know it.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Whatever delusional narrative of it fits their own delusional narrative of the nation.
You talking to me is if I can read your mind and understand your language, Revnak. I don't.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
did... did option (2) actually happen?
Basically, yes. Possibly about £1-2 billion worth.

Some amazing shit. And it didn't just go to obvious Tory associates, either. Apparently, they sent about £130 million to a jewellery firm in Florida that said it could get PPE, who gave £26 million of it to a "consultant". Someone got a nice payday from our taxes and is laughing all the way to the bank.

Reactions: Iron

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I am going to get at the heart of the problem of this. Shipping time. I don't care. As someone who had to wait three weeks for their Gaming Laptop to be repaired, I didn't die of boredom, and no I wasn't playing my other consoles, I was just doing homework on a smaller laptop.

My bourgeoise point is this, so what if we treat Amazon employees better which means that our goods can arrive late. We don't need 90% of the things we buy from Amazon. I am skeptical of unions because I feel like they could turn into the New York Construction Unions, but the nurses, teachers, and 90% of other unions are good and efficient.

I get instant gratification, and robots replacing everything fears are coming true, but we going to have to ask ourselves these questions.

What do we value as a society; do we want Amazon workers, and drivers to pee in jars so that we could get our electronics a day earlier. Or do we value everyone as human beings?

Do we say to truck drivers, because your republican, or "low skill", or replaceable that you have to find another skill at age 50 or get a job at a Waffle House.

Yes, let my goods come late, let them come 3 days late, a week, even a month if it means someone is treated with dignity and can go to the restroom during their shift.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX