Amazon Ships Some Vitas Early

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Amazon Ships Some Vitas Early

Whoops! Some lucky customers in the Great White North have received (very early) deliveries of their PlayStation Vitas.

The PlayStation Vita isn't due out here in North America for a little while. The "First Edition" bundles are supposed to arrive on February 15th, while the wider launch won't take place until February 22nd. However, it seems that some some Canadian gamers have received their units much earlier than expected.

The Red Flag Deals forums have lit up with users reporting that they received shipping notices for their Vita pre-orders from Amazon.ca. That's not all: Some folks are stating that the systems have already arrived and are starting to post photos of the un-boxed Vitas.

If you're looking to pick up an early Vita, though, don't bother heading over to Amazon.ca. The site's become aware of the error and won't be getting the portable systems to shoppers until the official shipping date.

Source: Joystiq

Solid Reece

Nov 19, 2010
But, I got mine from EB games. Still need to wait till the 15 though. Waiting, Waiting, Waiting...

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
EB games has been offering early release to people who pre ordered it. Not sure if anyone else is doing a similar promotion.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
OH GOD OH GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? THIS IS A TRAVESTY! WE CAN NEVER USE AMAZON AGAIN!
-Leaders of Sony

Or at least that's how I imagine their response. Personally, I'm more "meh" about the whole thing.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Zen Toombs said:
OH GOD OH GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? THIS IS A TRAVESTY! WE CAN NEVER USE AMAZON AGAIN!
-Leaders of Sony

Or at least that's how I imagine their response. Personally, I'm more "meh" about the whole thing.
Or, if you're a proud member of the tin-foil hat brigade, this was part of a secret deal between Sony and Amazon.ca to encourage people to pre-order more. "See? You could have a Vita now. I bet you order our next product as soon as it's announced. Bwa-ha-ha."

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
While this doesn't affect me it does make me crave this little piece of hardware even more. :( It's like a ps3.... but portable! :O And I'm a tech whore, that too.

SH4DOWSL4Y3R

Jan 21, 2011
Waaghpowa said:
EB games has been offering early release to people who pre ordered it. Not sure if anyone else is doing a similar promotion.
did you have a source for that anywhere? i have one pre-ordered through EB but haven't seen anything of the sort yet, so i'm curious now.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
SH4DOWSL4Y3R said:
Waaghpowa said:
did you have a source for that anywhere? i have one pre-ordered through EB but haven't seen anything of the sort yet, so i'm curious now.
It was in store and in Canada.

SH4DOWSL4Y3R

Jan 21, 2011
Waaghpowa said:
SH4DOWSL4Y3R said:
Waaghpowa said:
It was in store and in Canada.
Ahh, cool. i'm in australia, so i guess they aren't giving us that deal. not very surprising though, we always get pretty shit deals compared to overseas from what i've seen in the past.

i might go in and ask anyway next time i'm there, which should be a few days from now. who knows? i might walk out with a vita.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Zen Toombs said:
-Leaders of Sony

That is an incredibly funny thought on the matter. Now, let's see if America resurrects this zombie or shoots it in the head.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Well, let's see...

The First Edition bundle comes out the 15th here in the US, and assuming you pre-ordered it at Gamestop, I think.
However, Gamestop is already selling the games. Not all stores have the games already, but those who do are officially allowed to sell them. Now, what use would you have for them if the Vita hasn't been officially released is beyond me. maybe if you have an import?

Yeah, I can see why Amazon screwed up, I guess.

torzath

Jun 29, 2010
Wow, and they didn't even have to subject themselves to the horror of Taco Bell to get their vitas early. I got to play a demo at best buy earlier and I'm excited. Now I just need money.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Wait, people pre-ordered Vitas? But...huh. Now I'm stumped. Anyways.

Darn you Canadians! First, you garner our criticism, for your silly accents. Then, you turn our criticisms into free health care. Then, adding an uncomfortable silence to our stilled tongues, you get even better, by having smash hit underground hilarious sketch comedy groups that make me laugh for days on end while bussing. Then, you troll us with your terrible singers. Now, you get products before sale date? Argh! What next, the second coming of Christ, a Canada exclusive event? Where, instead of fish and bread, he gives everyone free nachos and beer?

Will...will you invite us below you if we promise to stop making fun of how you're afraid of the dark? ...Please?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Not buying one till Gravity Rush is released. Damnit I was promised that it was a launch title.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
They're only going to sell like 500 of these units total anyway. What does it really matter if a few come out early?

I have a PSP, and it was okay, but now I cannot even transfer over my games. Pointless. I am not trying to be inflammatory, just pointing out what I consider to be obvious.

Kei Kaemon

Fantastic Japanese Cat!
Nov 30, 2009
carpathic said:
They're only going to sell like 500 of these units total anyway. What does it really matter if a few come out early?

I have a PSP, and it was okay, but now I cannot even transfer over my games. Pointless. I am not trying to be inflammatory, just pointing out what I consider to be obvious.
Wow, aren't you bitter.

You can transfer over your games, On my Vita I have from my US account the following PSP Games:
Fate/Extra
Persona 3
DJ Max Portable 3
Monster Hinter Unite
ZHP
Harvest Moon: HLV
Blazblue Portable
Megaman X
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Rock Band Unplugged
Valkyria Chronicles II
Fate/Unlimited Codes

Oh, wait, my bad, did you mean that archaic format called UMD that you can't transfer over? Yeah, that was never promissed from the start. If you were betting on that, well, you shouldn't have bet on that.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Kei Kaemon said:
Oh, wait, my bad, did you mean that archaic format called UMD that you can't transfer over? Yeah, that was never promissed from the start. If you were betting on that, well, you shouldn't have bet on that.
Smugness aside, even you've got to admit that was a pretty stupid move on Sony's part. Instead of launching a new handheld with a robust library of games already released, they're effectively punishing anyone who invested in the previous system's retail library.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
It was a pretty big shitstorm when this happened with a certain Harry Potter book, wasn't it?