Amazon Slaps $20 Credit on Dead Space 3, SimCity, Crysis 3

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Amazon Slaps $20 Credit on Dead Space 3, SimCity, Crysis 3

Select EA titles get the Amazon credit treatment.

If you were planning on playing Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, SimCity, or Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel on launch day, but haven't yet placed your pre-order, Amazon has an enticing option for you. Placing your pre-order through the online retailer will net you a $20 Amazon credit which can be used for future purchases.

In addition to the monetary bonus, your order can net you exclusive bonuses like the "Enervator Gun" in Dead Space 3, the "Heroes and Villians" pack for SimCity, and a copy of the original Crysis with Crysis 3. The $20 bonus is available regardless of your system preference, so feel free to mix and match between PS3, Xbox 360, and PC to your heart's content.

We probably don't have to remind you, but Amazon offers release day delivery for all of these titles, so if you choose to take advantage of this offer you won't be left out in the cold on launch day.

Source: Amazon (Army of Two [http://www.amazon.com/Crysis-3-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SY77E/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1359059076&sr=1-1&keywords=crysis+3])

Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/25/amazon-offers-20-credit-on-select-ea-pre-orders-including-dead/]

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Heroes and Villians pack for SimCity? So in addition to stupid DRM, now they're trying to nickel and dime us with day 1 DLC too? Fuck you EA. I'm not even remotely interested in the other 3 titles. Maybe because they're homogenized shooter sequels that need some marketing gimmick to sell rather than generating hype with genuinely new ideas and experiences.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Yes yes EA is shit. yadda yadda yadda.
Now shush.

OT - Does anyone know if this applies to amazon.co.uk too? Because I was going to pre order Sim City anyway.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Blunderboy said:
Yes yes EA is shit. yadda yadda yadda.
Now shush.

OT - Does anyone know if this applies to amazon.co.uk too? Because I was going to pre order Sim City anyway.
Doesn't appear to - which is mildly annoying, since this would have cinched my pre-order for DS3...

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Oh dear. I already bought a reservation card at Target for Dead Space 3. Hm...that only cost one dollar, and I get a five dollar credit. Amazon has no reserve fee, and I get a twenty dollar credit, but have to pay full price for the game (I work at Target, so I get 15% off). Decisions...I think I'm going with Amazon, because there's other stuff there I want too. Still, wish they had said this sooner!

Upbeat Zombie

Jun 29, 2010
I want to at least play Dead Space 3 before I condemn it. Considering I liked Dead Space 2 a lot, I still have hopes for this game. And this Amazon deal is probably enough of a incentive for me to preorder it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Avaholic03 said:
Heroes and Villians pack for SimCity? So in addition to stupid DRM, now they're trying to nickel and dime us with day 1 DLC too? Fuck you EA. I'm not even remotely interested in the other 3 titles. Maybe because they're homogenized shooter sequels that need some marketing gimmick to sell rather than generating hype with genuinely new ideas and experiences.
You know what would be nice? A comment in these threads I haven't seen before.

OT: I almost buckled, but I'm going to wait until they're in a Steam sale. Still, well played, Amazon.

Rapidriots

Apr 3, 2012
Best Buy has been doing this for ages with their games. Pre-order through Best Buy, get the preorder bonus content, and get a $20 reward zone certificate (best buy cash) as well.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Ah, preorder bonuses, something that everyone else gets for free anyway.

But the 20 off is a good idea, sadly only to its main branch, and that means once again "not available in your country".