AMC's The Walking Dead Is a Massive Zombie Hit

Oct 14, 2010
The only thing I worry about is that there was so much Halloween hype built up into the premiere that future episodes won't be able to live up to the ratings and viewership will steadily die off (pun sort of intended). If it can keep viewers' attentions, though, I'm all for the series having a long run.

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
They have a lot of good material already laid out for them, and some potentially riveting storylines they can pursue.

The expense and scrutiny associated with a major TV show may be good in that it get them to either create some brand new material, or skip over some of the weaker Walking Dead stories. I read the series, and the first two years were amazing, but it drifted off track after a while and started looking more "Mad Max - Beyond Thunderdome" than a real zombie story.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Someone please tell me where I can find this TV show online, it's the only way i can watch it and I don't wanna miss an episode!

n0manarmy

Apr 28, 2010
I watched it and I absolutely loved it. I have to agree that the perspective was definitely on a more personal and realistic note, instead of your usual "Grab chainsaw, make bloodbath."

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
StarCecil said:
Bretty said:
Awesome first episode.

Not sure about the 28 days later intro but oh well, have to start somewhere. Oh and 28 Days later took that intro from Day of the Trifids.
The Walking Dead used it before 28 Days Later.
Isn't 28 days later from November 2002, and The Walking Dead from October 2003?

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
It's my new weekly show on Sundays. So it's AWESOME. Also it doesn't have too much gore but has enough.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
But not before the Day of the Triffids....

I only used 28 days later as an example as most yanks wont have read day of the triffids.

StarCecil

Feb 28, 2010
NLS said:
StarCecil said:
Bretty said:
Awesome first episode.

Not sure about the 28 days later intro but oh well, have to start somewhere. Oh and 28 Days later took that intro from Day of the Trifids.
The Walking Dead used it before 28 Days Later.
Isn't 28 days later from November 2002, and The Walking Dead from October 2003?
IIRC the writer of TWD was well into the writing of the series by the time 28 Days released, and - like 28 Days - did it as a throwback to the Day of the Triffids.

Keroyx

Mar 16, 2010
Anyone who says that they're sick of zombies or zombies are getting old, needs to get into The Walking Dead. (Comic or Tv Show)

Aggieknight

Dec 6, 2009
Watched it Sunday night and it was AWESOME.

\m/

I hope they can keep up the momentum, though as I understand it, they've only filmed 6 episodes. Hopefully this will be successful and they will tape more.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
I saw the first episode the day it aired. IT WAS AWESOME! I'm watching it every Sunday now.

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
It was really good IMHO. It followed the story in the comic books really well and it also managed to capture the grittyness of the series.

I've been looking forward to this series for a very long time. Ever since I started reading the comics I thought that they would make an excellent TV series.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Yeah.... Watching it made me regret the fact that I don't watch TV regularly....

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Haven't watched it yet - was a little surprised to see Simon from Teachers on it though xD