AMD Softwhere

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Just talking about AMD software as my PC started crashing.

Turns out all my settings for FAN speed were somehow defaulted and the thing was burning up.

Reset under Performance/Tuning.

New interface... that allows you to surf the web from it! Not finding where to see current version and if I need to update yet.

1669837363119.png

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Yeah, it'll pretty much do that everytime you update because apparently 'profiles blah blah blahj blah' whatever.

The update checker returned to it's usual spot on the homepage for me after I rebooted again.

Reactions: gorfias

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
As someone who's had to deal with AMD's Adrenalin software for more than a year: It's shit. (So is nVidia's.) If there's any sort of driver crash, it'll reset your settings, and the defaults basically assume that you'd rather let your card melt than have to listen to a fan. (Fortunately, you can save your settings; it's those arrow/box icons in the top right.)

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Yeah, it'll pretty much do that everytime you update because apparently 'profiles blah blah blahj blah' whatever.

The update checker returned to it's usual spot on the homepage for me after I rebooted again.
As someone who's had to deal with AMD's Adrenalin software for more than a year: It's shit. (So is nVidia's.) If there's any sort of driver crash, it'll reset your settings, and the defaults basically assume that you'd rather let your card melt than have to listen to a fan. (Fortunately, you can save your settings; it's those arrow/box icons in the top right.)
I used "Speedfan" for years. If I just put my PC to sleep it was OK. If I had to restart, I had to change the settings again. And I could only set it to one thing, so I'd leave the fan running at 60% or so.

That's about where it is now. It is on a sliding scale, if I'm running a game and it gets hot, the fan will speed up. I'll have to look for that save option you mention.

EDIT: Saved a profile naming it "Default"

1669853933312.png

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Yeah, my mother board was trying to shove an extra 2 volts through my CPU for no reason with the AMD bios.

Have no idea what they're doing over there

Reactions: gorfias