America Deserves Frank Underwood in House of Cards Season 4 Trailer

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
America Deserves Frank Underwood in House of Cards Season 4 Trailer

This country is going right down the crapper, I tells you what.

Over the course of three House of Cards seasons, Kevin Spacey's Frank Underwood has killed a dog, seduced and murdered a reporter, and faked the suicide/actually murdered one of his constituents (among other things) in order to obtain the highest chair of political power. Clearly, he is a President that America deserves.

At least, that's according to the man himself in this trailer for the 4th season of House of Cards, which premiered during the Golden Globes last night.

"I believe in putting people first," Spacey chimes in Underwood's velvety, Southern drawl, a highlight reel of the atrocities he's committed over the past few seasons punctuating his words.

"I'm a humble man. I've never forgotten where I come from," he continues while we flash cut to the image of him pissing on his father's grave.

"They say we get the leaders we deserve. I say America deserves Frank Underwood. And in your heart, you know I'm right."

At this point, it would be damn near impossible not to compare Underwood's rhetoric to that of a certain GOP frontrunner, right? I mean, the only noticeable difference between the two, aside from a horrific haircut, is that Underwood has yet to propose a plan for a wall that separates us from our neighbors to the South. (Come on, Frank! I thought you were supposed to stand for something!)

The latest trailer, which comes following a series of faux campaign ads for Underwood's upcoming Presidential campaign that will take center stage in season 4, should send an eerily familiar chill down many of our spines to say the very least. The brass at Netflix even went so far as to create a fake website for Underwood's run, not-so-subtly registered as FU2016.com [http://www.fu2016.com/]. Why, it's downright Trumpian in its brazenness!

Frank Underwood will return to his devious ways on March 4th. Cast your ballots now.

[gallery=5399]

Source Gizmodo [http://gizmodo.com/the-house-of-cards-season-4-trailer-is-a-creepy-franks-1752161671]

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
In 1964, Barry Goldwater ran for office under the slogan "In Your Heart, You Know He's Right."

Which caused the Johnson campaign to quietly respond: "In Your Guts, You Know He's Nuts."

Yojoo

Sep 9, 2010
Not nearly as compelling as the trailers for seasons 2 and 3, unfortunately. And after the comparative awfulness of season 3 to the quality of the first two, I was really hoping for a trailer that could generate more excitement in me.

I mean, I'm sure I'll still wind up watching. But man, season 3 was such a blow to the series.