American Football (NO SOCCER)

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
Ever since football season started back up a few weeks ago I have been gitty about it. I love watching football and drinking awesome beer while doing so with friends and family.

A subject was brought up: Other then your favorite team who else would love to see succeed and be in the superbowl.

My favorite team is the Chargers (yeah I know, I hear it all and I do not care, I still love them). River needs to go but at least they got rid of turner and it sucks on what happened to Malcom Floyd, video shown here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/15/malcom-floyd-neck-injury-chargers-eagles_n_3931314.html

I digress, If/when chargers do not make it, I want to see the Ravens or Vikings go all the way.

On a side note, I fucking hate the Steelers and Patriots.

I would love to hear everyone else places there stakes and opinions.

BTW: NOT A SOCCER THREAD =)

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Lol, Chargers.

GO PATRIOTS!

On a more serious note, the Patriots are my favorite team (even though their receivers suck ass now). I hate the Raiders and 49ers. That Seahawks victory was amazing, if only to see my drunk friend on the verge of tears. Oh yeah, I hate the Cowboys and think Tony Romo is a hack.

Also, Tampa Bay is going down on Sunday.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Kenbo Slice said:
Lol, Chargers.

GO PATRIOTS!

On a more serious note, the Patriots are my favorite team (even though their receivers suck ass now). I hate the Raiders and 49ers. That Seahawks victory was amazing, if only to see my drunk friend on the verge of tears. Oh yeah, I hate the Cowboys and think Tony Romo is a hack.

Also, Tampa Bay is going down on Sunday.
I wouldn't say the receivers suck. Amendola is pretty good. He's just made out of wet tissue paper.

I'm a Steelers fan so this year ain't looking that good. Hopefully when Miller and Bell return we can get something going on offense.

I'm pulling for Seattle to make their run this year though. As long as the Bills don't make it though, I'll be happy. I currently live in Buffalo and the fans here make a big deal out of every win. It's always "their year" after a win, regardless of how shitty a win it is.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Bengals fan here. Even though they are in my division, I'd love to see the Browns win a Super Bowl. I can get behind most any under dog, as parity in the NFL is what keeps things interesting to me. Any year someone can make a break through and have a surprising season and I love it.

The Steelers can go burn.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Giants, and see if Manning Jr. can pull a record for most interceptions thrown in a SB game! I can't say Ravens, since they won last season and stuff and some variety is good. I don't actually care much to be honest, but seeing as how I have to watch a lot of these games (yes, "have to", because they're part of the job I do) I might as well observe and watch for funky moments.

PrimitiveJudge said:
WELL, I NEVER! No love for the MLS? (Yes, I have to watch some of that, too)

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Vegosiux said:
Giants, and see if Manning Jr. can pull a record for most interceptions thrown in a SB game! I can't say Ravens, since they won last season and stuff and some variety is good. I don't actually care much to be honest, but seeing as how I have to watch a lot of these games (yes, "have to", because they're part of the job I do) I might as well observe and watch for funky moments.

PrimitiveJudge said:
WELL, I NEVER! No love for the MLS? (Yes, I have to watch some of that, too)
My curiosity is intense! How does one get a job watching football? Do you get to drink bier while you work? It sounds like an amazing way to get paid, except the torturous part of having to suffer through MLS games. (I presume you're a journalist or stat compiler of some kind?)

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Die hard Bucs fan here & yeah I've been dying a lot lately... And since they aren't going to do crap this year AGAIN, I'd love to see the Seahawks or the Chiefs do something good. The Browns in the superbowl would be awesome too, just so people would stop using that damn joke. I'm sick & tired of the Steelers & the Patriots so pretty much anyone other than them would be great to me.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Gorrath said:
My curiosity is intense! How does one get a job watching football? Do you get to drink bier while you work? It sounds like an amazing way to get paid, except the torturous part of having to suffer through MLS games. (I presume you're a journalist or stat compiler of some kind?)
I'm a broadcasting techy type pretty much, so when we're broadcasting for our region, I need to keep an eye on the feed, see to it that it goes uninterrupted, play out the commercials, prepare the recordings for reruns, etc. And it's a sports TV channel I work for.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
'Sup bitches, Seattle Seahawks fan here, just popping in to inform you all that we're going all the way this season.

Ok, I mostly wanted to write that as dickish as possible just to get it out of my system. Baseball season has been a long one (Thanks a lot Mariners), and we seem to have something special on our hands with the 2013 Seahawks. I honestly think they will go undefeated at home again this season, they play too well at home to not win at least the vast majority of home games, and apparently they've been training for those positively retarded 10am PT games (don't even fucking get me started).

PrimitiveJudge said:

Jodah said:
I'd just like to say a big fuck you to you and all other Steelers fans, purely on principle (I'm sure you're a lovely person and all, but I'm still bitter as fuck about Superbowl 40).

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
GrimTuesday said:
'Sup bitches, Seattle Seahawks fan here, just popping in to inform you all that we're going all the way this season.

Ok, I mostly wanted to write that as dickish as possible just to get it out of my system. Baseball season has been a long one (Thanks a lot Mariners), and we seem to have something special on our hands with the 2013 Seahawks. I honestly think they will go undefeated at home again this season, they play too well at home to not win at least the vast majority of home games, and apparently they've been training for those positively retarded 10am PT games (don't even fucking get me started).

PrimitiveJudge said:

Jodah said:
I'd just like to say a big fuck you to you and all other Steelers fans, purely on principle (I'm sure you're a lovely person and all, but I'm still bitter as fuck about Superbowl 40).
But...we neeeeeeeded the one for the thumb...And like I said, I'm pulling for yall this year.

Collegeboy21

Jan 26, 2010
We don't have an NFL team in Utah, but we've always rooted for the next closest team geographically, which is the Broncos. Manning is awesome and has some great receivers now, a great line to protect him, and a pretty stellar defense. I want to see them go all the way this year so Manning can equal his little brother in rings, since I feel he is the superior QB. Seriously Eli, 7 interceptions in 2 games?

GO BRONCOS!

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Jodah said:
GrimTuesday said:

PrimitiveJudge said:

Jodah said:
But...we neeeeeeeded the one for the thumb...And like I said, I'm pulling for yall this year.
He was down damnit, the ball was underneath him. It wasn't a push off. That was our year damnit. I'm just going to go cry angry, bitter tears in the corner now.

The 12th Man appreciates your support though.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Not the biggest fan of football myself, but I do enjoy going to the Raiders games in Oakland and spending time with my dad.

Part of me does want the Raiders to reach the Super Bowl again, unfortunately, to put it lightly, they haven't been doing so great for the past few years. :/

Kennetic

Jan 18, 2011
I'm not a football fan myself, but I do find myself rooting hard for the Falcons as they are my home team. I will root for the Bears because many of my friends are from Chicago and bears are just cool animals. The Falcons always choke in the playoffs and the Bears probably won't make it. Oh well, at least I have NASCAR and the Atlanta Braves to watch.

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
Well at least the Chargers never cease to entertain all forms of football fans, they are like the globe trotters except for the winning part. still love them.

puff ball

Mar 14, 2011
dolphins fan here and oh my god we might actually be good this year if i had to choose a different team it would have to be a NFC team and one thats historically bad (i love an underdog) so ill go Detroit lions it would make Detroit a less miserable place for a while

NoMercy Rider

May 17, 2013
Broncos fan here, ever since the John Elway era I have been loyal. Seahawks are my second go to team, mostly due to my geographic location. The slaughter they brought to the 49ers was absolutely crazy.

Aside from that though, I generally follow college football more closely than NFL. Anyone else follow NCAA football? I enjoy rooting for my Alma Mater, even though they fluctuate in talent year to year. This season was looking good until they had a bad pre-season loss. Still holding out hope for a solid season.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
PAAAAAACKERSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but that's about everything I know about American Rules Football.

You ever decide to make a thread about Cricket, then maybe I can contribute something more relevant to the conversation.

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
Pats fan here, though we really haven't been playing our A game for the past couple of seasons...

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
PrimitiveJudge said:
Well at least the Chargers never cease to entertain all forms of football fans, they are like the globe trotters except for the winning part. still love them.
That sir, is a quotable quote! I find the Chargers to be immensely fun to follow, especially the way the start out all gangbusters and then have meltdowns of epic proportions. The Bengals were immensely amusing to the whole league for about 15 years, so I know the sting.