American Football (NO SOCCER)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Lunar Templar said:
Seahawks reporting in.

to the Jaguar fans; you have my condolences on the ASS HANDING your about to get Sunday.

to the 49er's fans; save your self the embarrassment next time and stay home :D oh wait, you are. yay!! we get to embarrass you in front of your fans now :D

to every one else, your time to be judged by Russel Wilson will come .....

^
that would be my 'home team'. 12th Man mother fuckers \m/ (o.o) \m/

as for the other team i generally root for.

Ravens. hope they do well again this year, expect if they play the Hawks, then I hope the Hawks stomp them 50-nill or something insane like that
1. To paraphrase DBZ: Abridged:

"Russell Wilson! How does it feel to be the bronze medal?"

Face it, the Seahawks would rather have Kaepernick or Luck in a heartbeat.

2. You're gonna wail on the most inept offense in the last 10 years. Chad Henne wouldn't start for around 30 college teams. Their best offensive players are being held to together by silly string (Maurice Jones-Drew) and suspended for drugs (Justin Blackmon). Wailing on them is like wailing on a 3-year old in a wrestling match. You should feel bad.

3. When the Seahawks start winning consistently away from Seattle, and when their entire defense stops taking steroids (8 drug suspensions, most in the league by a WIDE margin), I'll take them more seriously.
where were you last year then? or this year, they've already beaten two of the best teams league so ... yeah :3 you keep right on talken that shit, I'll just laugh when the Hawk flaten your team.

but the fact you think they'd rather have some one OTHER then Russel Wilson is laughable, and really shows how much you don't know about the team.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
NoMercy Rider said:
Broncos fan here, ever since the John Elway era I have been loyal. Seahawks are my second go to team, mostly due to my geographic location. The slaughter they brought to the 49ers was absolutely crazy.

Aside from that though, I generally follow college football more closely than NFL. Anyone else follow NCAA football? I enjoy rooting for my Alma Mater, even though they fluctuate in talent year to year. This season was looking good until they had a bad pre-season loss. Still holding out hope for a solid season.
NCAA fan here. Who's your Alma Mater?

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
I almost tackled Russell Wilson in a middle school game way back in the day. It was the highlight of my entire football career.

Anyway, college fan here, and praying that my Virginia Cavaliers win 4 games this year, but as has been said for the better part of a decade now, wait til next year!

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I'm a 49ers fan, glad to see my team has finally started to be competitive.(I'm young enough that I became a fan the first year that they started sucking) Other than them, I'd really love to see the bills do well, they're a thorn in the pats paw for one, and for two they're my best friend's team so yeah. I'm also a sucker for an underdog story

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Bears fan since 1988 reporting.

I had a bad offseason...

My favorite defensive player (Brian Urlacher) retired after an ugly divorce from the team, then joined Fox Sports.

My favorite offensive player is currently in jail for the murder of one guy and suspicion of murdering 3 others. Yes, this is true.

But Coach Trestman actually has an offensive plan, and he's not Lovie Smith so I'm happy.
Dude, how are you not a Seahawks fan, aren't you from Washington (I know you at least have lived here since you were in high school)?

Also, are you still doing the sports writing thing?

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Falcons fan, so, ughhhhhhhhhhhh...

Seriously, we had high hopes this year for potentially going all the way, and compounded by the fact that Tony Gonzalez decided to stay in the league just one more year for that exact reason, but the Falcons players can't seem to sneeze without suffering a season ending injury lately.

In one game we lost our best DE for the season, our FB for the season, our RB for 4 weeks, our best LB for 8 weeks, and our most reliable receiver is hamstrung with an ankle injury.

Oh well, always next year (the Atlanta Sports motto).

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Ihateregistering1 said:

Seriously, we had high hopes this year for potentially going all the way, and compounded by the fact that Tony Gonzalez decided to stay in the league just one more year for that exact reason, but the Falcons players can't seem to sneeze without suffering a season ending injury lately.

In one game we lost our best DE for the season, our FB for the season, our RB for 4 weeks, our best LB for 8 weeks, and our most reliable receiver is hamstrung with an ankle injury.

At least the Braves look like they have a good shot at the World Series.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Saints fan here. I'm just glad we got our coach back. Our defense has been pretty solid thus far, and Drew Brees has shown he still knows the way to the end zone. I'd love for us to do some ass kicking this year, but after a lifetime of shitty teams, I'm just glad we have a team that can contend each week.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
GrimTuesday said:
Ihateregistering1 said:

At least the Braves look like they have a good shot at the World Series.
True, though not to sound like a spoiled brat, but the Braves are the only ATL team that has won the big game, I'd like to spread some love to the other guys.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Pulling for the Cardinals baby, stop breaking my heart Big Red!

I root for the Cardinals and anybody playing the Raiders.

NoMercy Rider

May 17, 2013
Lionsfan said:
NoMercy Rider said:
Broncos fan here, ever since the John Elway era I have been loyal. Seahawks are my second go to team, mostly due to my geographic location. The slaughter they brought to the 49ers was absolutely crazy.

Aside from that though, I generally follow college football more closely than NFL. Anyone else follow NCAA football? I enjoy rooting for my Alma Mater, even though they fluctuate in talent year to year. This season was looking good until they had a bad pre-season loss. Still holding out hope for a solid season.
NCAA fan here. Who's your Alma Mater?
The Oregon State Beavers. Unfortunately the Pac 12 and, hell, the state of Oregon gets overshadowed by the Oregon Ducks. But we had a very successful season last year, going 9-3. Was hoping for another successful season then had a disappointing loss to EWU.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Not the biggest football fan. But I do like Oakland Raiders mainly because as a LA Dodgers fan I just can't root for San Diego or San Francisco.

Team is (still) a mess due to years of horrible draft picks and shortsighted trades. But Terrell Pryor has a huge upside and I hope he brings stability to the QB situation Raiders struggled with for years.

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
I would love to see Detroit do something. Every year i hope for them to get to the superbowl, not a Lions fan at all but wtf is wrong with that city?

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
My Dad sucked me into the life of self-loathing that is being a Browns fan. Curse you, old man! CURSE YOU!!!

At least I have my two straight (about to be three straight) Fantasy Football championships to fall back onto in my family league.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
GrimTuesday said:
Bears fan since 1988 reporting.

I had a bad offseason...

My favorite defensive player (Brian Urlacher) retired after an ugly divorce from the team, then joined Fox Sports.

My favorite offensive player is currently in jail for the murder of one guy and suspicion of murdering 3 others. Yes, this is true.

But Coach Trestman actually has an offensive plan, and he's not Lovie Smith so I'm happy.
Dude, how are you not a Seahawks fan, aren't you from Washington (I know you at least have lived here since you were in high school)?

Also, are you still doing the sports writing thing?
Chicago was, and still is to me, my hometown. And yeah, I write for Oregon Sports News, having fun with it.
What are you covering for OSN? I remember you didn't get press credentials for the Winter Hawks last season, and you used to write about the Portland Beavers until they packed up and left. Also, did you ever make it to any Hillsboro Hops games? It was nice to have a team again, even if its just short season A ball.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I've had articles picked up by ESPN writing about the Seahawks (I live in Portland), so...

Wilson does not have the passing skill set of Andrew Luck or the awareness in throwing on the run as Kaepernick. They're happy to have him, but if San Fran called and offered Kaep for Wilson straight up, Seattle would take it easily.

And in what world is Carolina one of the "best teams in the league"?

Face it, your team leads the league in drug suspensions for steroid use. Your coach spent years at USC dodging NCAA rules committees and forfeited a national title. The last time he was in the NFL, he got blown out. Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical.
-.- wow, you really aren't paying attention ..... go back, look at who they already played so far -.- then, bother some one else with or none sense, especially since sites like ESPN won't give Seattle a fair shake anyway.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
I've had articles picked up by ESPN writing about the Seahawks (I live in Portland), so...

Wilson does not have the passing skill set of Andrew Luck or the awareness in throwing on the run as Kaepernick. They're happy to have him, but if San Fran called and offered Kaep for Wilson straight up, Seattle would take it easily.

And in what world is Carolina one of the "best teams in the league"?

Face it, your team leads the league in drug suspensions for steroid use. Your coach spent years at USC dodging NCAA rules committees and forfeited a national title. The last time he was in the NFL, he got blown out. Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical.
-.- wow, you really aren't paying attention ..... go back, look at who they already played so far -.- then, bother some one else with or none sense, especially since sites like ESPN won't give Seattle a fair shake anyway.
I know exactly who they have played this regular season. Do you?

Week 1: Carolina W 12-7
Week 2: San Francisco W 29-3

Carolina is a 5-11 team, a 6-10 team at best. That's not exactly one of the "best teams in the league". They beat San Francisco, and did it with defense (Wilson only threw for 142 yards). San Fran is a great team. Carolina... isn't.
To be fair, Carolina does have a solid defense (fringe top 10 from what I understand), their offense is just lacking.

I'm going to disagree with what you said about taking Kaepernick over Wilson though. Kaepernick may be better as a quarterback, but not as a teammate/ambassador to the community. Wilson is a nice, personable guy, who seems to inspire loyalty in his teammates and generates a lot of goodwill within the community through his actions and words. Which isn't to say Kaepernick doesn't do the same, but looking back at some of the things he has done makes him seem like a total dick. Its those intangible things (I hate that term when used in a baseball context, bit it works here) on top of Wilson's considerable skill as a quarterback that, were I in charge, would lead me to stick with Wilson. In short Wilson is a team player, Kaep, less so.