American Football (NO SOCCER)

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Vikings fan here, and it seems to be a rough season for us this year. I've been hoping that Christian Ponder would step up this year and really show that he's the one to lead the Vikes, but I'm starting to lose faith. All hope is not lost though.

I'm positive that the Seahawks will play against the Broncos in the Superbowl this season. And I'm rooting for Seahawks this year, I've kinda liked them since their Wild Card-upset against the Saints a couple of years ago.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Church185 said:
Pats fan here, though we really haven't been playing our A game for the past couple of seasons...
Well, admittedly it can be hard to maintain success in the NFL, personnel change, players go to FA or retire, they stop you from filming the other team's signals... (Good natured ribbing, I assure you :)

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Trucken said:
Vikings fan here, and it seems to be a rough season for us this year. I've been hoping that Christian Ponder would step up this year and really show that he's the one to lead the Vikes, but I'm starting to lose faith. All hope is not lost though.

I'm positive that the Seahawks will play against the Broncos in the Superbowl this season. And I'm rooting for Seahawks this year, I've kinda liked them since their Wild Card-upset against the Saints a couple of years ago.
Yeah, watching Beast Mode seal the deal in garbage time was sweet. That has to be one of the greatest upsets in NFL history capped off by a jaw-dropping run.

Tarrker

Jun 18, 2008
I was born in Philly and even though I've lived in Lancaster County, PA my whole life, Philadelphia still has a special place in my heart. So yeah, totally an Eagles fan.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
I'm an extremely casual fan, so I guess I have two teams: first is the Seattle Seahawks simply because I like the Seattle region. Second is the Packers via osmosis because my wife is a HUGE fan...actually, fuck that, fuck the Packers. I like Rodgers, but I need something to rub in my wife's face when they lose.

I also notice I tend to like players more than teams. I'm a fan of Kaepernick, for example, but really don't care about the 49ers.

The funny thing is my wife's whole family and extended family/friends are either almost exclusively passionate Packer fans or passionate Steelers fans. Made the Superbowl a few years ago quite interesting.

LetoTheTyrant

Apr 19, 2010
Another Broncos fan here! Honestly, not sure why though :/

I'm a Brit, so it's nice being able to just chose your team to support, and I remember being a Bronco fan so stayed up late to watch GreenBay vs Denver in the superbowl, what was that, 98? I was like 10! Can't remember why I'd chosen the Broncos before that though.

Having so many troubles watching the games over here now, which makes me sad :(

SuperUberBob

Nov 19, 2008
Giants fan here. Winning the Super Bowl twice in the last 10 years is a pretty good feeling. Not feeling quite as good about them this season though. I know it's unrealistic, but I'd love to see the Jets end with a winning record. Get buttfumble off that team and on the street.

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
I'm a lifetime Seahawks fan. Who was the 10 year old rocking the Seahawks Starter jacket? This Guy! So no NFC teams.

I'd enjoy going against the Browns, Jaguars or the Bills in the Super Bowl. I'd be dope to have the "NEVER WON THE" SUPER BOWL.

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
Gorrath said:
Trucken said:

Yeah, watching Beast Mode seal the deal in garbage time was sweet. That has to be one of the greatest upsets in NFL history capped off by a jaw-dropping run.
It was not garbage time. The Hawks were only up four with about 4 minutes to go. If they didn't get a first down or that TD Drew Brees could have easily marched down the field and won. It was a dagger. A beautiful dagger in the heart that I payed absurd amounts of money to see in person.

themyrmidon

Sep 28, 2009
I'm a Dallas fan and I am going to preempt the mocking that is about to come my way.

1.957:1

6th

What are those numbers? The season passer ratings for Tony Romo over the course of his career, His TD:INT ratio, and his rank for comebacks among all active quarterbacks. He did this all while playing behind a line that would likely have gotten Brady or Manning killed most years.

With that out of the way, I'm open to talking about more serious football issues. I'm not high on Dallas this year, but think they have an outside shot at making a run if the coaching staff can pull themselves together and be a bit more consistent. While the 4-3 switch isn't doing too bad so far I don't like that it will probably shorten Ware's career by 1-2 years.

LeeHarveyO

Jan 13, 2009
Well I'm a Panthers fan, as I live in NC, so I'm used to dissapointment and often have to pull for other teams to make the superbowl. Unfortunatley the other team I pull for is the Jaguars who are even worse, which leaves the redskins as the team I want to see make it.

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
themyrmidon said:
I'm a Dallas fan and I am going to preempt the mocking that is about to come my way.

1.957:1

6th

What are those numbers? The season passer ratings for Tony Romo over the course of his career, His TD:INT ratio, and his rank for comebacks among all active quarterbacks. He did this all while playing behind a line that would likely have gotten Brady or Manning killed most years.

With that out of the way, I'm open to talking about more serious football issues. I'm not high on Dallas this year, but think they have an outside shot at making a run if the coaching staff can pull themselves together and be a bit more consistent. While the 4-3 switch isn't doing too bad so far I don't like that it will probably shorten Ware's career by 1-2 years.
That Dallas line wasn't any worse than the dumpster fire Manning had in front of him for years at Indy(remember how his neck was broken so bad he almost had to retire?) or the turd sandwich Kurt Warner had for those couple years in Arizona. Peyton and Kurt just have incredibly fast read and release. Not knocking Romo. I think he's a lot better than he's given credit for. But he's not anymore disadvantaged he's just not as good.

Church185

Apr 15, 2009
Gorrath said:
Church185 said:
Pats fan here, though we really haven't been playing our A game for the past couple of seasons...
Well, admittedly it can be hard to maintain success in the NFL, personnel change, players go to FA or retire, they stop you from filming the other team's signals... (Good natured ribbing, I assure you :)
Ha, it really is a shame that they did that. I would like to see them become a powerhouse again WITHOUT resorting to underhanded tactics.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Jodah said:
GrimTuesday said:
'Sup bitches, Seattle Seahawks fan here, just popping in to inform you all that we're going all the way this season.

Ok, I mostly wanted to write that as dickish as possible just to get it out of my system. Baseball season has been a long one (Thanks a lot Mariners), and we seem to have something special on our hands with the 2013 Seahawks. I honestly think they will go undefeated at home again this season, they play too well at home to not win at least the vast majority of home games, and apparently they've been training for those positively retarded 10am PT games (don't even fucking get me started).

PrimitiveJudge said:

Jodah said:
I'd just like to say a big fuck you to you and all other Steelers fans, purely on principle (I'm sure you're a lovely person and all, but I'm still bitter as fuck about Superbowl 40).
But...we neeeeeeeded the one for the thumb...And like I said, I'm pulling for yall this year.
He was down damnit, the ball was underneath him. It wasn't a push off. That was our year damnit. I'm just going to go cry angry, bitter tears in the corner now.

The 12th Man appreciates your support though.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Seahawks reporting in.

to the Jaguar fans; you have my condolences on the ASS HANDING your about to get Sunday.

to the 49er's fans; save your self the embarrassment next time and stay home :D oh wait, you are. yay!! we get to embarrass you in front of your fans now :D

to every one else, your time to be judged by Russel Wilson will come .....

^
that would be my 'home team'. 12th Man mother fuckers \m/ (o.o) \m/

as for the other team i generally root for.

Ravens. hope they do well again this year, expect if they play the Hawks, then I hope the Hawks stomp them 50-nill or something insane like that

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
The Packers are my favorite team and I hate the Raiders and Steelers. I suppose I'd like to see either the Cowboys or the Texans make it all the way since thats my home state, with Houston being my home city.