American McGee Needs Your Help To Kickstart Alice 3

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
You know, if you're simply wanting to show EA how much interest there is in the franchise, you could...I don't know, do a petition? I'm not handing over money so that American can make a presentation to one of the biggest publishers in the world so that they can decide whether or not they want to make more money off of this. I foresee a major Kickstarter burnout and shit like this is a major part of it.

Actually, the conspiracy-minded side of me says that American asked EA to fund a third Alice, they said they didn't want to foot the bill, so either EA, American, or both decided to put the risk onto the consumers shoulders. And if that's true...fuck all of em'.

cidbahamut

Mar 1, 2010
Big name folks with deep pockets using Kickstarter bothers me. It makes sense for small up and coming developers to use it, but folks who are well established in the industry and have sizable reserves and publisher connections asking for free money from users who are going to then have to buy the game and get nickel and dimed on top of that...just, just stop. You guys don't need Kickstarter to get your game off the ground, so stop asking for the end user to pay your development costs for you.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Karloff said:
Do you want an Alice 3?
What if I really don't want it. I found the first one a terrible and superficial interpretation of the source material, didn't even bothered with the second one.

Well, at least the exploiting of Alice should be done for the most part during this decade.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Is now the best time to talk of crowdfunding an EA property that was originally developed by a more modest independent company? Because love and goodwill for old EA-owned IP isn't really at an all-time high right now.

MetalGenocide

Dec 2, 2009
*Reads*
Awesome! We can get Alice 3 going!
*keeps reading*
"I'm only doing this, to catch the eye, of one of the most unscrupulous, corrupt, hated companies in existence. Because they are pretty much sitting on the rights not doing anything."

Here's a better idea: DON'T, TELL THEM, ANYTHING.
Ninja-buy the rights before they notice anything. And get the kickstarter running. Okay?

DoctorM

Nov 30, 2010
Um, someone explain to me how EA can actually owns the rights to American McGee's name and the very public domain Alice.

Edit:

How about he makes "American McGee's 3rd Person Game That is Based On A Dark Interpretation of Alice In Wonderland, But Is In No Way Related To EA's IP".

Maybe Disney will fund it for a late movie tie-in
Or ABC for the upcoming 'Once Upon A Time' Mad Hatter spin-off
Or NBC for their upcoming darker interpretation/grown up Alice TV series 'Wonderland'.

EA owns nothing that can hold up in court as long as AM does some character redesign.