America's great divide

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

Yes, okay, gratuitously clickbait thread title: sorry.

This must be just one of the least surprising news items so far in 2021.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yes, okay, gratuitously clickbait thread title: sorry.
Just a bit, yeah.

Anyway, obligatory "she's/he's going to be single, I've got a chance then" which is supposed to be funny but comes across as weird.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I actually used to like some of West's music, before he became a weirdo Christian fundamentalist. In a way I find him more sympathetic than many other far right demagogues, because the guy obviously does have some severe mental issues and if he hadn't married into a family of rich parasites with no capacity for compassion, he might have gotten the help he needed. Maybe this is the first step towards getting his shit together for him but that's probably wishful thinking. Either way, I hope the Kardashians all go to hell.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I actually used to like some of West's music, before he became a weirdo Christian fundamentalist. In a way I find him more sympathetic than many other far right demagogues, because the guy obviously does have some severe mental issues and if he hadn't married into a family of rich parasites with no capacity for compassion, he might have gotten the help he needed. Maybe this is the first step towards getting his shit together for him but that's probably wishful thinking. Either way, I hope the Kardashians all go to hell.
This is going to put me in the unusual position of defending Kardashians, but I don't think the Kardashians can take the slightest blame for Kanye going off the deep end. Kanye is a independently rich bipolar narcissist: he's got more than enough of his own egotistical will to make his own choices, enough money to insulate himself from repeated screw-ups, and his own entourage of hangers-on and yes-men to gratify his bullshit. Kim can't make him go for therapy if he doesn't want to.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
This is going to put me in the unusual position of defending Kardashians, but I don't think the Kardashians can take the slightest blame for Kanye going off the deep end. Kanye is a independently rich bipolar narcissist: he's got more than enough of his own egotistical will to make his own choices, enough money to insulate himself from repeated screw-ups, and his own entourage of hangers-on and yes-men to gratify his bullshit. Kim can't make him go for therapy if he doesn't want to.
Who would have thought a decade ago, Kim would the responsible, reasonable one in that relation.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Who would have thought a decade ago, Kim would the responsible, reasonable one in that relation.
Wasn't it Kanye who for a brief while thought he was going broke then realised he invested a load in Bitcoin and realised he had like 50 Million in Bitcoin or something now due to the price going up over the years?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Wasn't it Kanye who for a brief while thought he was going broke then realised he invested a load in Bitcoin and realised he had like 50 Million in Bitcoin or something now due to the price going up over the years?
Your historical recollection Kimye is clearly way more extensive than mine.

All I remember was an air head who, somehow, many years later worked together with Trump to help small timers get released from prison. I couldn't not have seen that a decade ago

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Your historical recollection Kimye is clearly way more extensive than mine.

All I remember was an air head who, somehow, many years later worked together with Trump to help small timers get released from prison. I couldn't not have seen that a decade ago
I was wrong it was 50 cent not Kanye West.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, I don't have anything against the Kardashians myself. Excepting big covid ignoring parties recently. Having a dozen reality TV shows, fighting with each other and weird clothes, eh, if they want to, not hurting anyone as far as I can see.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
If anyone can have a positive influence on a guy going off the deep end, it's his family and I doubt those affluenza poisoned mannequins even tried. What's with their weird preference for black guys anyway? Don't get me wrong, I like black girls, but the way the entire family seems to be specifically going for them makes it look like they consider them fashion accessories rather than actual partners.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Cannot give a damn about either one of them. I dislike the Kardashians, but I hate Kanye West even more. I highly doubt Kanye is going to shut his butt up. He'll keep talking the crazy talk. I have no sympathy forum, and he brought the madness on itself. I do feel bad for his kids though. I want them to be way better people than either of their parents. Better than Kanye most importantly.

Last edited:

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Well, I don't know.

There's something bizarre about families exposing themselves to cameras day in day out in a rush for fame and money, their eccentricities and flaws are exaggerated for our entertainment, so they often appear worse than they really are. My impression (although my experience of the Kardashians is very limited) is that whilst not coming across as the sharpest tool in the box, she does seem to be kind, conscientious, and pragmatic.

I dislike the Kardashians not as individual people, but for what they represent more widely with the fakeness of "reality" TV, the shallowness, and in large part this ability to market oneself for $$$ depends in large part on being rich in the first place. In large part, of course, the toxicity of and for the audience. It strikes me given the troubles and relationship failures that there is potentially quite a cost to pay for making oneself into a dancing monkey or living soap opera for public titillation. It's their choice, I guess. But I can't help but wonder if many end up regretting it.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I love the part where republican Operatives used a person with bipolar disorder to push their political agenda and tried to trick African Americans to not vote for Biden. It's didn't work since African Americans saw it right away, but Republicans will do any unethical thing to push their agenda whereas democrats need to be pushed to do a little bit of what republicans do every day; be ruthless,and pragmatic.

It's only once in blue moon do you see VP Kamala Harris go to Manchin, and Sinema's states, and push them on negotiated down survival checks which we still don't have.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
One day I hope to marry a woman who love me like Kanye loves Kanye.
No you don't. You really, REALLY don't want that. That's jilted lover slasher flick level of obsession.

As to them breaking up. Good, Kanye is fucking nuts and doesn't need any larger of a platform than he already demands for himself. He needs to be hospitalized, medicated, and on some very regular therapy. Perhaps, after years of this, he will be able to get his head out of his own ass, and rid himself of his god complex, and delusions of grandeur. But I doubt it. He needs to have his children moved FAR away from him, so they don't have to live in fear of a mentally unstable authority figure, that they never know if this will be a stable day, or a nutso day.

He'll probably just try and write an album about how it's all a plot by the devil to twist his wife and children away from him, because the devil clearly saw he was destined to be president, and couldn't allow that. So the devil turned the world against him or some such bullshit, and he'll keep being his usual, nutso self with zero filter.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Oh no, the contract between a shrewd and exploitative media starlet who got jealous people liked Paris Hilton's sex tape so she made her own, and a batshit insane closeted gay rapper who can't come out because the rap industry is still very hostile towards gays, and the African American community as a whole still struggles with gay black men, is reaching the end of its run time...

What ever shall they do?! How will the billionaire Kardashian family and a man who thinks he's the smartest man in the entire world, that has ever existed ever, possibly cope?! Oh I'm worried they'll have to buy a 3rd or 4th island nation to exploit the workers for slave labor just to cover the costs of this publicity stunt.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I love the part where republican Operatives used a person with bipolar disorder to push their political agenda and tried to trick African Americans to not vote for Biden. It's didn't work since African Americans saw it right away, but Republicans will do any unethical thing to push their agenda whereas democrats need to be pushed to do a little bit of what republicans do every day; be ruthless,and pragmatic.
Of course Kanye and Trump saw a lot in each other, as they have such similar personalities: massive narcissists.